Nick Against the World (85 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I think I was just in a pissy mood. For one, the guy deserved to be banned for posting about travel to Spain on a Juventus site. But while it was clearly not an overt case of spamming, I can't tell you how many times people sign up with Chinese e-mail accounts and make their first and only post here to open a thread on an irrelevant topic with offsite links to a family of Web sites.

If the person is for real, they'll come back and explain themselves. Until then, I say that boy is guilty until proven innocent.

].

:lol2:

i wasnt criticizing your actions. i just thought it was funny that spam has become so irrelevant :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol2:

i wasnt criticizing your actions. i just thought it was funny that spam has become so irrelevant :D
Admittedly, as far as spammers go, that guy was about as inept as those e-mails you sometimes get with a subject line and no body -- and no links, e-mail addresses, brand names, or anything.

It just goes to show you that there are inept people in every walk of life... spammers included. (Seriously, time to think about an alternate career path, dude.) :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Admittedly, as far as spammers go, that guy was about as inept as those e-mails you sometimes get with a subject line and no body -- and no links, e-mail addresses, brand names, or anything.

It just goes to show you that there are inept people in every walk of life... spammers included. (Seriously, time to think about an alternate career path, dude.) :D
Where do spammers go to career counseling?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Finally some sense exists within the Beltway...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6597079.stm
US Senate votes for Iraq pull-out

The US Senate has voted to approve a bill which requires US troops to be withdrawn from Iraq within 11 months.

It follows a vote in the US House of Representatives which makes further funding of the war in Iraq conditional on a timetable for a US troop pullout.

The Democrat-sponsored bill will now go before President George Bush, but he has said he will veto it immediately.

He says he is committed to the "surge" strategy, under which more US troops are being poured into Baghdad.
Sure, it's gonna get vetoed. But if George is worried about "the surge", he should get some Pepto and chill out. :( (Not to mention he should know better than to eat at The Olive Garden.)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Once again there were gunshots outside my apartment. I was sitting infront of my window when I heard 3 gunshots right outside, but they sounded like a bb gun, so I looked outside and I saw a guy run past my window really fast, so I quickly moved away from the window. I went and told my roommate and then I went to the front door. I open the door and there's mad commotion; people running up the stairs with distraught looks on their faces. Then there were 4 more shots and then this injured guy is carried in by his friends. My friend was out there, just a few yards away cleaning his car, he got the fuck out of there.
I simply cannot believe something like this seems to happen frequently... on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Perhaps you just attend an extremely dodgy university that tends to let in a lot of dubious individuals..

Here at Penn State we haven't had something like that happen on campus in about a decade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetzel_Union_Building_shooting

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
What the fuck do you care, it's not like you know much about hockey or anything. Only reason why you're following them with passion is because you're an in state, in metropolis bandwagoner.
Coming from the american juventus fan, that's a pretty fucking stupid argument :lol2:

plus ive been going to sharks games every season since i was 8 :shifty:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Coming from the american juventus fan, that's a pretty fucking stupid argument :lol2:

plus ive been going to sharks games every season since i was 8 :shifty:
I've never heard your faggoty-ass discuss hockey whatsoever, which leads me to believe you know very little about it. All I hear from you is "Sharks woo I suck Cheechoo's donk." I've played the sport since I was five, while I doubt you've even laced up skates along with your shoulder pads.

So tell me, Mr. Sharks fan, what were the ingredients of success for San Jose tonight? Give me a full tactical explanation.

And yeah, it might seem ridiculous coming from an American Juventus fan, but at least I know something about the club and know very fucking much about the sport... plus I haven't only been interested in Juve when they're "winning."

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I've never heard your faggoty-ass discuss hockey whatsoever, which leads me to believe you know very little about it. All I hear from you is "Sharks woo I suck Cheechoo's donk." I've played the sport since I was five, while I doubt you've even laced up skates along with your shoulder pads.

So tell me, Mr. Sharks fan, what were the ingredients of success for San Jose tonight? Give me a full tactical explanation.

And yeah, it might seem ridiculous coming from an American Juventus fan, but at least I know something about the club and know very fucking much about the sport... plus I haven't only been interested in Juve when they're "winning."
I completely fail to understand any sort of logic behind the above post.

1. Why the hell does anybody need to know everything about a sport to support a team? That's the most ridiculous notion I've heard in my life.

2. I havn't played very much, but yes, I have actually played ice hockey a few times before. (though much more on the roller side, given i live in sunny california)

3. What does having a knowledge about the tactics of the sport have to do with the fact im a "in state, in metropolis bangwagoner" ? How is pennsylvania or wherever you live considered closer to Turin italy?

4. I've supported the sharks since i first saw them in 1998, and they've been pretty damn shitty over the years, don't know what this "winning" thing is about :confused:

5. I've been to torino to see juve multiple times, met the players, and actually played with the youth team. Does this give me the right to tell you you're not a juventus fan?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I completely fail to understand any sort of logic behind the above post.

1. Why the hell does anybody need to know everything about a sport to support a team? That's the most ridiculous notion I've heard in my life.
I never said you did, however from what I have personally seen on this forum, you haven't really portrayed any sort of hockey knowledge whatsoever. That is why I'm questioning you. I'm always quite skeptical of people who never discuss hockey... but do discuss hockey when all of a sudden their home team is winning.

3. What does having a knowledge about the tactics of the sport have to do with the fact im a "in state, in metropolis bangwagoner" ? How is pennsylvania or wherever you live considered closer to Turin italy?
Knowing the tactics of the team you support is pretty much common knowledge when you support a club, especially in football. What sort of fan are you when you don't even know what sort of system your supposed team runs, or how they win their matches, especially when you live in their home town? That is SURELY the reason why you SHOULD know their tactics... if you were a true fan and watched every match.

And I'm not trying to compare our evidence proving we are Juventus supporters... that really is not in question here. We both discuss this side everyday on this forum, so obviously that counts for something.

5. I've been to torino to see juve multiple times, met the players, and actually played with the youth team. Does this give me the right to tell you you're not a juventus fan?
Of course not, because that would just be pretty damn ignorant. You're lucky you live within a wealthy family with foreign interests so you can make the trip to Turin every now and then. Unfortunately, that is not the case for all.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I never said you did, however from what I have personally seen on this forum, you haven't really portrayed any sort of hockey knowledge whatsoever. That is why I'm questioning you. I'm always quite skeptical of people who never discuss hockey... but do discuss hockey when all of a sudden their home team is winning.
I do typically only pay attention to hockey during the playoffs, and if that's what I want to do, what the hell is wrong with that? Being a sharks fan isn't an exclusive hardxcore only club. Given that, next season I will be paying attention throughout the year, seeing as I just got my season tickets :smoke:

Knowing the tactics of the team you support is pretty much common knowledge when you support a club, especially in football. What sort of fan are you when you don't even know what sort of system your supposed team runs, or how they win their matches, especially when you live in their home town? That is SURELY the reason why you SHOULD know their tactics... if you were a true fan and watched every match.
You don't watch every juventus match, are you not a true fan? I don't understand why I need to know all that to be a fan. 99% of juventus fans couldn't name half our squad's players. I don't know the in-depth tactics of hockey(i do know basics, san jose is big, young, and relatively inexperienced), but I know all the players and who is generally better than who.

Either way, I always go to 5-6 games throughout the season (seen them play the wings 3 times), and try to catch a playoff game or two each year. Hockey doesn't play well on TV so I don't usually stay to watch a game unless it's the sharks. I like going to games, I like it when the sharks win, and I consider myself a fan.

Anyways, I'll be at every sharks home game for the rest of these playoffs (except monday, im letting my sister have my ticket so she can experience it), and I'm going to keep on cheering for mah nigga sharks.

PS - Edit - or w.e Im supposed to write here - I probably know more about footie tactics than 95% of this board, but I enjoy juve games far more when I just watch them for the entertainment value as opposed to taking my time to analyze what's going on. It's more fun to just go with the flow and celebrate when you score.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
and if you want the ingredients for success tonight....

it was all thanks to my main NIGGA grier YEEEEE always countin on him to pull through nigga is clutch

and my favorite keeper borat nabby sagdeyev

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)