Nick Against the World (54 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Bozi.78 said:
while thuram admittedly played well in the world cuo, he looked increasingly out of his depth in the cl and sometimes in serie a. he lost some of his pace and for a CB his positioning was not the best. i remember stating that zambrotta was a better case for captain than thuram and now we see what a man he is.
i suppose we shouldnt be too surprised by this but it still hurtd when you treat a player well, pay him big wages, ask him to lead the team as captain and he runs at the first sign of trouble. ah well i suppose we should expect the frenchies to roll over at the first sign of trouble shouldnt we?
well its a 50/50 situation, thuram is getting old, sure as a captain, he should be loyal and stay with the club and etc, but well we obviously have to think in individual players point of views, his old, he might not play when juve is back in european competition, its his last chanses to win something. same goes with cannavaro, heck he lost his scudettos and has nothing besides wc trophy. although i didnt expect him to follow capello, he didnt seem a player like that, like emerson or something. obviously his also getting old and wants to win more and in the situation juve is right now, there isnt anything to win. When juve gets rid of their problems finaly, some of those players form might not be the same anymore.

Jan 7, 2004
IncuboRossonero said:
Ok so I got off to a bad start on this forum partly because I did come out attacking a-la Gattuso style (think May 28th, 2003). But I digress. From now on..peace...only positive criticism and I promise to behave and be respectful so long as you all do the same. I have met some interesting and friendly Juventini thus far and some not so friendly.
This is a little known fact which is actually very important and very well known among Interisti.

We all know that Juve is Italy's Team and FACE THE FACTS Milan is the Italian team in Europe...Juve just can't hack it beyond Italy and Milan in Italy vice-versa. I mean the way we can't compare Juve's scudetto's to MIlan we can't compare Milan's 6 titles to Juve's 2: one by PK and the other in the most controversial soccer game in history.
However, We all know that both Juve and Inter claim to have never been in Serie B. I admit my team was a sad bunch of players pre-Berlusconi and POST-Rivera...what can you do.
BUT, the little known FACT OF THE DAY is that in fact JUVE was relegated to Serie B but because of outside circumstances they were brought back up:
In 1913 Juve was dead last in Serie A and was supposed to relegated to Serie B. The next season as the war was waging and the sport's popularity was in decline they decided to bring Juve back up for 'special circumstance' despite finishing dead last in the "Girone". This decision was debated for years as Juve never actually played in Serie B but did finish dead last in A and a schedule was actually printed out with Juve in B.

This fact of the week was brought to you by your Pimp-in-the-box and most FILL IN THE BLANK member of Juventuz.com INCUBOROSSONERO :fero:
Stay tuned for more Milan-Juve facts...the box is aplenty

EVIDENCE: Newspaper clippings from ASK THE EDITOR in the Gazzetta dello Sport from March 1995. The archive team at the Gazzetta did their research. I can scan it but I'm not sure how many of you read Italian.
history to repeat itself again :disagree:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Cristiano Zanetti wants to join Real Madrid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to La Stampa, italian newspaper turin based, Cristiano Zanetti wants to join Real Madrid where he will be trained by Capello.

:howler:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Andy said:
Capello did fuckall with Juventus. As it stands, Capello was at the helm during which we finished last in Serie A, the worst position we have ever been in during our history. And do to be honest, with the way we played over the course of the last two seasons, we did not even deserve those two Scudetti. Thankfully justice was served, however.

Saying we came last is pure bullshit. Yes, we cheated. However even without cheating, we were undoubtedly one of the top teams. Having 7 players in the WC final says it all.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
well sure it was, but well there was probably so much what motivated those players who got to the final, the scandal, the suicide attempt, the desire to show they can do well without help, zidane farwell tournament and etc and etc.

besides the coach was also differant. we saw lippi routating the squad often, while in juve, starting 11 was the same always and players got tired.

besides its probably totally differant circumstances and atmosphere when you go and play for your country in the world cup for the players.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Stephan said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to La Stampa, italian newspaper turin based, Cristiano Zanetti wants to join Real Madrid where he will be trained by Capello.

here Cristiano...

right this way to the door !!:agree:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
Saying we came last is pure bullshit. Yes, we cheated. However even without cheating, we were undoubtedly one of the top teams. Having 7 players in the WC final says it all.
Having seven of our players in the World Cup Final says nothing.

And the fact still remains Capello won nothing with Juventus, which should have been the case anyway.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stephan said:

Another one of Capello's henchman. Lets rid ourselves of that absolute scumbag.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Stephan said:
well its a 50/50 situation, thuram is getting old, sure as a captain, he should be loyal and stay with the club and etc, but well we obviously have to think in individual players point of views, his old, he might not play when juve is back in european competition, its his last chanses to win something. same goes with cannavaro, heck he lost his scudettos and has nothing besides wc trophy. although i didnt expect him to follow capello, he didnt seem a player like that, like emerson or something. obviously his also getting old and wants to win more and in the situation juve is right now, there isnt anything to win. When juve gets rid of their problems finaly, some of those players form might not be the same anymore.
good point, well made steph. however i am not so much pissed that thuram has gone(well,cetainly going), more the lack of class he has shown in demanding a move, in elbowing his way to the front of the line of players leaving and for forgetting so easily his link to the club over the last 5 years.

i have said from the start that i expect cannnavaro to leave and that i would blame him in his circumstance. cannavaro deserves to go out a winner and i hope he makes a success of his time in madrid,under a different coach of course after capello gets them bounced out of europe.
the difference is, with cannavaro we expected a bidding war and the player to leave, albeit reluctantly. with thuram however, he demanded that a transfer and he would not consider staying with a club that he was looked after by for so long. the reason? simply that he wouldnt play for us while they were not the no.1 club anymore. this shows a distinct lack of class and is the reason i will forever curse his name from now on

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Andy said:
Capello did fuckall with Juventus. As it stands, Capello was at the helm during which we finished last in Serie A, the worst position we have ever been in during our history. And do to be honest, with the way we played over the course of the last two seasons, we did not even deserve those two Scudetti. Thankfully justice was served, however.
Nonsense. You talk as if Juve finished in last place due to results. The fact is that Capello kept Juve in first place for 76 weeks out of 76. It was only lawyers and judges who came up with this last place scheme. Hell, in Lawyer-Ball they did not even bother to concoct a points deduction like they did for Milan (-44), they just forced a last place finish on us.

But you knew that.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Altair said:
when/where did he say that? wouldnt expect Lilian to say that
During Germany '06, in a press conference following one of France's matches in the knock-out rounds. A question regarding Juventus and the scandal in Italy was posed to Thuram. He simply said, "Juventus who?"

I would understand if he has said something like "this is the world cup and I do not even want to think about club football at the moment", but to completely deny the existence of your own club of the past 5 years says something about a man's character. It really surprised me.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Pado said:
Nonsense. You talk as if Juve finished in last place due to results. The fact is that Capello kept Juve in first place for 76 weeks out of 76. It was only lawyers and judges who came up with this last place scheme. Hell, in Lawyer-Ball they did not even bother to concoct a points deduction like they did for Milan (-44), they just forced a last place finish on us.

But you knew that.
Of course I knew that. But again, Capello still won nothing with Juventus...deservedly.

Our performances over the past two years were shameful in my opinion and we all know who to blame for that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Pado said:
During Germany '06, in a press conference following one of France's matches in the knock-out rounds. A question regarding Juventus and the scandal in Italy was posed to Thuram. He simply said, "Juventus who?"

I would understand if he has said something like "this is the world cup and I do not even want to think about club football at the moment", but to completely deny the existence of your own club of the past 5 years says something about a man's character. It really surprised me.
It surprised me as well, as I thought he was a little more professional than that. But we all saw how much of a man Thuram was with France... he ran for the hills when Zidane announced his retirement and decided to call it quits too, however once Zizou returned and the future was bright, Lilian decided to make a return as well. He left his country at a time of need, and he also took a shot at his club in a time of need. What a fucking joke. I wish him the absolute worst. :tup:

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Andy said:
Having seven of our players in the World Cup Final says nothing.

And the fact still remains Capello won nothing with Juventus, which should have been the case anyw
ay.
Hmm never thought about it that way....so fuck you crap:D

Thanx Andy you just made my day;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)