Nick Against the World (62 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Andy... How is it, that you essentially call me an idiot for suggesting inter will win the cl.. and tell me how they wont beat milan... then precede to say they will beat milan in another thread ??
I was not calling you an idiot, only joking. Both Milan and Inter have an equal chance of moving through, and whoever plays better on their designated away match will probably go through.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Well it saves MANY headaches..usually if I sit with the visiting FDL (Basically visiting Milan fans) I have to meet them at an 'undisclosed location' (not secret just that outside) and then we are usually ushered in by the police ... then once inside to which we have to get there hours early we start being targets for the Piss bombs, coins and flares. Then at the end of the match we have to wait a good while to exit the stadium.

This way I can go WHEN I want, leave when I want, etc. The downside is that I can't cheer (in the open) for Milan.
Its a better (safer) move for you Nick IMO....

We already know what some of these Roma thugs are capable of.....

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Roma 0 Milan 2

Did anyone think it would be any different ???

I was hoping that Roma could force a draw, but that was just wishful thinking.

Totti once again doesnt show up for the big game, and all he has to show for it is a silly red card.

Milan have found their stride, and arent looking back. They will win the scudetto this season.

Btw- I think the FIGC should ban the use of flares at the stadiums. Not only are they dangerous, but I couldnt see a damn thing at the beginning of the halves, for about 8-10 minutes.

I might as well have been watching a snow-storm.....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Cafu should have been sent off for that tackle on Cufre; it was absolutely horrible. Did you guys see the wound from the tackle? It was pretty nasty.

If Cafu would have been sent off for that Roma would have had a turn of good fortune. Just goes to show that Juventus are not the only club getting favorable calls or non-calls. :rolleyes:

Totti is just a disgrace to football really. Such a good player who gets caught up in the nonsense and has to show that he's some sort of thug. Stupid player really.

OP
IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,710
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Cafu should have been sent off for that tackle on Cufre; it was absolutely horrible. Did you guys see the wound from the tackle? It was pretty nasty.

If Cafu would have been sent off for that Roma would have had a turn of good fortune. Just goes to show that Juventus are not the only club getting favorable calls or non-calls. :rolleyes:
    True....however, look at the tackle and the player. Given it was Cafu there was probably some hesitation to pull out the red (not saying it was right) but it is understandable why there was hesitation. Secondly, Cafu seemed to slide into Cufre in a sitting position..again wrong but not the usual intentional high two foot hits we see.
    Yet how you can compare that to a BALL going IN THE NET and the Ref waving NO GOAL is beyond me. This is saying IF he was sent OFF ..IF ROMA WOULD HAVE SCORED, etc.
    I'm sure you can see the difference.

Totti is just a disgrace to football really. Such a good player who gets caught up in the nonsense and has to show that he's some sort of thug. Stupid player really.
    I disagree..or I agree...whatever
    ...well it has been a terrible year for Totti the leader and the character I think his problem is that he wants to stay at Rome and succeed on an international level and realizes he is in his prime. He must decide what he wants to be...the LOYAL player who never leaves but will surely not win any international cups any time soon or take his chance somewhere else where they may or may not put up with his bullsh*t.

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,711
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Roma 0 Milan 2Btw- I think the FIGC should ban the use of flares at the stadiums. Not only are they dangerous, but I couldnt see a damn thing at the beginning of the halves, for about 8-10 minutes.
    they should issue a STOP 20 mins before kick-off. That said, it was not as bad as it seemed on television.

I forgot I was not sitting in the CURVA and JUMPED when Crespo scored :cheesy:
    A few looks of disapproval but I sat back down with a smile

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

True....however, look at the tackle and the player. Given it was Cafu there was probably some hesitation to pull out the red (not saying it was right) but it is understandable why there was hesitation. Secondly, Cafu seemed to slide into Cufre in a sitting position..again wrong but not the usual intentional high two foot hits we see.
    Yet how you can compare that to a BALL going IN THE NET and the Ref waving NO GOAL is beyond me. This is saying IF he was sent OFF ..IF ROMA WOULD HAVE SCORED, etc.
    I'm sure you can see the difference.
    Why yes of course I can see the difference, however what Cafu did on that tackle was terrible. That was a two-footed challenge in which Cafu went metal-studs up on Cufre, catching him below the knee. Now tell me what is worse; a player recieving a season-ending injury from a nasty tackle or a goal being disallowed because of a handball. Surely you can see the dfference there. Cafu should have been "expulsione-d" and that could have changed Milan's night for the worse.

I'm not biacthing about the calls because we get our fair share of those as well. I just wanted to make a point to all the Juventus detractors that indeed we're not the only club getting all the calls or non-calls.

Indeed, if Gattuso had made that tackle he would have been off. What else does Cafu have to do to get a red? Resort to spitting his chewing gum at Cufre? Equal standards.

I disagree..or I agree...whatever
    ...well it has been a terrible year for Totti the leader and the character I think his problem is that he wants to stay at Rome and succeed on an international level and realizes he is in his prime. He must decide what he wants to be...the LOYAL player who never leaves but will surely not win any international cups any time soon or take his chance somewhere else where they may or may not put up with his bullsh*t.
    I just think if Totti wouldn't be such a douche on the pitch he would be a much better player. Furthermore all of his fellow Romanisti, especially the supporters, follow his lead and that is certainly not very good. I think his actions over the past couple years have hurt Roma more than help their cause, turning the club into a circus that, when the big matches come up, does anything but play football.

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,713

Why yes of course I can see the difference, however what Cafu did on that tackle was terrible. That was a two-footed challenge in which Cafu went metal-studs up on Cufre, catching him below the knee. Now tell me what is worse; a player recieving a season-ending injury from a nasty tackle or a goal being disallowed because of a handball. Surely you can see the dfference there. Cafu should have been "expulsione-d" and that could have changed Milan's night for the worse.
    What is worse? CALL WISE? Its hard to UNDERSTAND how a linesman who has one job : WATCH THE BALL says it never went in the net.
    The tackle? You are playing games Andy..obviously a player being hurt is worse in the scheme of things but we are talking about blatant calls here...
    players like Materazzi, Zebina and Montero have gotten away with playing rough week after week. Its not surprise that an official is hesitant to make a call on a Cannavaro, Nesta or Maldini. I didn't say it was a good call..it was a RED NO DOUBT.
    However, it is much more understandable calling it yellow than calling a GOAL a NO-GOAL.

That is my point.
    More over, the key word is COULD HAVE...the other calls in question (Cannavaro's offside goal...the NO PK call against Rome..no NO GOAL AGAINST CHIEVO) did not have any IFS...the conclusion would have been simple: JUVE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THEIR POINTS.
    However, since you are on this game....remember that Cafu took no part in either of the two last goals....

I'm not biacthing about the calls because we get our fair share of those as well. I just wanted to make a point to all the Juventus detractors that indeed we're not the only club getting all the calls or non-calls.
    juve does not get calls in their favor...they get GOALS in their favor...

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,714
    That said, the BOYS surprised me today..I thought a tie was looming at L'Olimpico tonight...

BUT..NOT AN INCH GOBBI'S....

you have to work for your supposed "title"

p.s. think back to all the "MILAN IS NOTHING WITHOUT SHEVA" theorists and the AHAHAH MILAN SIGNED CRESPO posters back in August :cheesy:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Milan didnt permanently sign Crespo, they loaned him... a pity, you rely on other club's players do your work... ;)

Seriously tho, I personaly am not a fan of big clubs loaning players in, I'd rather invest in a player I know I can keep next season.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    Hey Nick,

Were you wearing your Milan scarf tonight at the game ???

Wrong city to sport your colors if you asked me....

It would be like wearing a white suit and hood while walking through Harlem..........

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,719
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Milan didnt permanently sign Crespo, they loaned him... a pity, you rely on other club's players do your work... ;)
    what kind of border-line retarded theory is that?
    So then Nedved who came from another club is technically also another club's player...difference is they purchased him?
    So if Crespo is purchased this summer by Milan (as it looks to be) his real season will only count NEXT YEAR?
    Yeah makes a lot of damn sense there Zlatty.

More over, in case you didn't notice, Crespo barely played at Chelsea and everyone called him finished last season. In addition, everyone called Ancelotti a fool for having Milan sign Crespo rather than a young defender. Guess that is why he is where he is and everyone else is criticizing from the outside.

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Seriously tho, I personaly am not a fan of big clubs loaning players in, I'd rather invest in a player I know I can keep next season.
    Irrelevant. Its the same thing as signing a player to one-two years to plug in the weak points of the team: Pancaro, Cafu, Zebina, etc. Basically the fact that the TEAM does not own the rights to him doesn't make you sleep at night (so to speak) but if they straight out owned him then it puts him on a different level?
    Irrelevant because usually if they succeed in their 'loan' year the team will do MUCH to buy him.

COME ON ZLATTY.

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,720
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Hey Nick,

Were you wearing your Milan scarf tonight at the game ???

Wrong city to sport your colors if you asked me....

It would be like wearing a white suit and hood while walking through Harlem..........
    ahaha no way Bro...I was in the SNOB section tonight. No cursing..no yelling and no smoking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)