Nick Against the World (116 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
no offence Andy,but other than Donovan American players blow.
Beasely, Spector, Onyewue, Reyna, Freidal, Howard, Johnson..... the list continues to grow.

btw,have you heard of Arsenals rising american defender Daniel Karbassiyon?
Not much. Is he doing well in the youth team?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Beasely, Spector, Onyewue , Reyna, Freidal, Howard, Johnson..... the list continues to grow.
oh i forgot all about Beasley,he's an excellent winger,Reyna is completely out of for since then end of WC 2002,Friedel isnt as good as he used to be,Howard is just a one season wonder,i havent seen enough of Spector,and i've never heard of Onyewue so i cant judge on the latter 2.

Not much. Is he doing well in the youth team?
he's on loan at leicster city IIRC,he impressed me at the start of the season against Everton in the FA Cup.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

These two have impressed me.
Indeed, especially Onyeweu. Have you been able to see many Standard Liege matches this season Seven? I heard that he was voted best young player, even in front of Kompany.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Indeed, especially Onyeweu. Have you been able to see many Standard Liege matches this season Seven? I heard that he was voted best young player, even in front of Kompany.
Onyewu looked very promising. I've watched a couple Standard matches and the first thing that comes to mind is that he's pretty awesome in attack as well. I mean that he's awesome in attack as a defender should be. Something Kompany has as well. Something Roberto Carlos totally lacks.

I do believe that Kompany is the better player overall though. In fact I even believe we should do everything to get that guy. Sure, he's 18 so he could become a failure, but it doesn't look like it. He's far stronger mentally than most talents are.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

He played against Everton in the FA Cup? I did not hear about that.
yes he did,when he was still at Arsenal at the start of the season,he was loaned to leicester at the january transfer window.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Onyewu looked very promising. I've watched a couple Standard matches and he the first thing that comes to mind is that he's pretty awesome in attack as well. I mean that he's awesome in attack as a defender should be. Something Kompany has as well. Something Roberto Carlos totally lacks.
So are you trying to allude to how Roberto Carlos is not a good defender compared to Onyewu? Not sure if I understood what you meant by that comparison.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

So are you trying to allude to how Roberto Carlos is not a good defender compared to Onyewu? Not sure if I understood what you meant by that comparison.
That's what I meant. At least in that aspect of the game. Whereas Onyewu is useful for his team in attack and times his runs well, Roberto Carlos is utter shit when attacking and often causes problems for his team.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Look, I said I don't hate Liverpool supporters for what they did. It's just not something to forget about though, and you not being a Juventus supporter I can see why you would say "let it go." Well for some people it's not that easy. I just don't want there to be retalliation because there is no need for it.
Andy, What exactly is the correlation between.. not forgetting and the attitudes some hold... (obiously people wont forget, and they shouldnt but that doesnt mean you should have this negativity... The people should be remembered, nothing else) Im sorry i cant see it.... and as for the idea of someone who isnt a juve fan feeling differently... its a human issue not a sporting or loyalty issue.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Andy, What exactly is the correlation between.. not forgetting and the attitudes some hold... (obiously people wont forget, and they shouldnt but that doesnt mean you should have this negativity... The people should be remembered, nothing else) Im sorry i cant see it.... and as for the idea of someone who isnt a juve fan feeling differently... its a human issue not a sporting or loyalty issue.
What I meant by the attitudes certain fans hold is the mocking or lackadaisical attitude towards the event. It's certainly not a subject to be joked around with and not an event to forget about either. Like I said I suppose there is no reason to hate Liverpool fans for what they did and we're all human, however I can see how people would not look at Pool fans the same way. It's a rather difficult subject to grasp.

Mar 7, 2005

Exactly, that's why it's called antagonizing.
No.

My post had two points.

1) Using your logic of a dislike to Liverpool over the actions of a small amount of people, you should have a dislike to your own nation over the actions of a small amount of your soldiers,

2) I would think it better for someone to keep relative things in their head rather than to use the word lightly, insignificant things. Maybe then the place we live would be better.

I rate all life equal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)