Nick Against the World (126 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Yes, I still have a problem with Liverpool's fans because of the Heysel. I cannot separate Liverpool FC from the events of May 1985. Why anybody is surprised by this admission is beyond me.
Because it's a whole different team. Other than that I have always found Liverpool FC to have great fans. The events of May 1985 could have happened with every other team including Juventus. The stadium simply wasn't fit for it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 7, 2005
Yes, I still have a problem with Liverpool's fans because of the Heysel. I cannot separate Liverpool FC from the events of May 1985. Why anybody is surprised by this admission is beyond me.
So you cant hate all liverpool fans because some charged at italians who were throwing things at them?

Its very easy to blame one side.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Andy... sounds very much like your making excuses allready.

At the end of the day... all the remaining teams are decent and on their day can beat any of the others... thats what makes football great!
How is that an excuse? Nedved has not even returned from injury yet and Trezeguet is now out of action once again. All I am saying is that we will have a better chance of beating Chelsea with all our top players in action, especially Nedved.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Did i say it... or say i agree... No.
Im jus pointing out some people both at the stadium and here feel like that... as for why they do... couldnt care less really... they are not worth my thought
I know you don't agree. You said a lot of people here do agree and that they weren't even born back then, which surprised me.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Negative Creep ] ++

So you cant hate all liverpool fans because some charged at italians who were throwing things at them?

Its very easy to blame one side.
Exactly. Besides it's not like Italian fans are known for their great sportivity. Has anyone seen that documentary in which Lazio "tifosi" try to break in in Lazio training grounds?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I was born in 1985 and I'm a Juventus fan, so I don't think I can forget about the Heysel incident. I don't hate Liverpool fans for the disaster unless they have a negative attitude about it.

I do understand what you're saying Pado.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I think a lot of forgiveness was found when Liverpool suffered an even greater tragedy at Hillsborough. I think 98 people died there. I certainly did take a lot of dead bodies before football made changes.

I think there will only be problems at Anfield if a bunch of girls show up wearing track suits. What are the chances of that happening?

Mar 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well, I was born in 1985 and I'm a Juventus fan, so I don't think I can forget about the Heysel incident. I don't hate Liverpool fans for the disaster unless they have a negative attitude about it.
Why though? You live a million miles away and you were practically a sperm when it happened. Its completely irrevelent in the whole scheme of things.

You should just do your minutes silence like everyone else, and then forget it about because it isnt your nightmare, nor is it mine, nor is it anyones that wasnt there or wasnt directly affected by it.

For someone to hate Liverpool as a club, city, fans, whatever over that is the kind of attitude this world dosent need.

Not to mention the fact that it was as much juve fans fault, and there actions afterwards were hardly commendable. But nope, forget all that and blame Liverpool in general for a group of english men who reacted to some italians throwing things at them, like Italians do every other week at home.

Mar 7, 2005
I think a lot of forgiveness was found when Liverpool suffered an even greater tragedy at Hillsborough. I think 98 people died there. I certainly did take a lot of dead bodies before football made changes.

I think there will only be problems at Anfield if a bunch of girls show up wearing track suits. What are the chances of that happening?
Thats certain. Kinda the scouse dress code. Though girl tracksuits have been refined to pretty neat little numbers.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
What really sticks with me are comments made by Brian Glanville, the editor of World Soccer, an English publication and one of the most respected periodicals on world football. Glanville was at the Heysel that terrible day, and reported witnessing several Liverpool fans breaking though police lines in the parking lot of the stadium and kicking the dead bodies that were lined up and covered with sheets. I can't get that image out of my head. No matter how drunk those people were, there really is no justification for that behavior.

Mar 7, 2005
What really sticks with me are comments made by Bian Glanville, the editor of World Soccer, an English publication and one of the most respected periodicals on world football. Glanville was at the Heysel that terrible day, and reported witnessing several Liverpool fans breaking though police lines in the parking lot of the stadium and kicking the dead bodies that were lined up and covered with sheets. I can't get that image out of my head. No matter how drunk those people were, there really is no justification for that behavior.
Your right. Generalise it on the entire city.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Why though? You live a million miles away and you were practically a sperm when it happened. Its completely irrevelent in the whole scheme of things.

You should just do your minutes silence like everyone else, and then forget it about because it isnt your nightmare, nor is it mine, nor is it anyones that wasnt there or wasnt directly affected by it.

For someone to hate Liverpool as a club, city, fans, whatever over that is the kind of attitude this world dosent need.

Not to mention the fact that it was as much juve fans fault, and there actions afterwards were hardly commendable. But nope, forget all that and blame Liverpool in general for a group of english men who reacted to some italians throwing things at them, like Italians do every other week at home.
Look, I said I don't hate Liverpool supporters for what they did. It's just not something to forget about though, and you not being a Juventus supporter I can see why you would say "let it go." Well for some people it's not that easy. I just don't want there to be retalliation because there is no need for it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

I could always count on you to throw it in my face Salma. Well yes Milan is out...pros and cons. No triple crown this season. On the other hand, get the "Coppa's" out of the way and time to concentrate on Serie A and CL.

Given the starting line-up I don't think Carlo was that PUMPED to win the match.

SEVEN: Stop infesting this thread like a bona fide CROTCH ITCH .
i know you started this thread,but that doesnt give you the right to stop people posting here.

my best regards and i hope you start playing basketball:)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What really sticks with me are comments made by Brian Glanville, the editor of World Soccer, an English publication and one of the most respected periodicals on world football. Glanville was at the Heysel that terrible day, and reported witnessing several Liverpool fans breaking though police lines in the parking lot of the stadium and kicking the dead bodies that were lined up and covered with sheets. I can't get that image out of my head. No matter how drunk those people were, there really is no justification for that behavior.
I read his comments as well. Horrible images have never left my mind either.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
BTW, I prefer Liverpool to Manchester United. So, I'm not completely angry.
I think I detest Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea all equally now. The only teams in the EPL I do like are those with Americans.

Hmm, after that maybe Man U is not ranked so highly because of Howard and Spector.....

Mar 7, 2005

Look, I said I don't hate Liverpool supporters for what they did. It's just not something to forget about though, and you not being a Juventus supporter I can see why you would say "let it go." Well for some people it's not that easy. I just don't want there to be retalliation because there is no need for it.
No thats not my point. My point is I can understand how some people wont let and go and perhaps they shouldnt. But for you to have 'something' about it is not something I can get my head around.

But do as you will, just what this world needs.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I think I detest Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea all equally now. The only teams in the EPL I do like are those with Americans.

Hmm, after that maybe Man U is not ranked so highly because of Howard and Spector.....
no offence Andy,but other than Donovan American players blow.

btw,have you heard of Arsenals rising american defender Daniel Karbassiyon?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

No thats not my point. My point is I can understand how some people wont let and go and perhaps they shouldnt. But for you to have 'something' about it is not something I can get my head around.

But do as you will, just what this world needs.
The world doesn't need anything and this hardly matters for world view. Each to his/her own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)