Nick Against the World (210 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As far as I know, Arabic has 26 origins and it is the vocabularies richest language. Also, it is the only language that has the letter "َض" pronounced as Daad in English, hence, it is called the Language of Daad.

Answering your question, yes, it's called the Mother of all languages. Perhaps because Arabic has lent hundreds of words to other languages. Such an influence might be related to major roles played by the Arabic culture and their development in almost all fields; science, medicine, astrology, mathematics, etc..during the middle ages.
So did Latin and Greek. Only they didn't do that during the middle ages, but many years before. Arabic definitely isn't the mother of all languages and neither are Greek and Latin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
How is Avellino the fourth in the ranking??:D
Former Revolution forward and assistant coach Giuseppe Galderisi has been fired as coach of US Avellino despite guiding the team to second place with a 17-5-8 record in Italy's Serie C1B. Avellino has had 2 points deducted for financial irregularities and trails Rimini (61 points) by 4 points. Avellino is fourth among Italian professional teams (behind Inter, Roma, and Juventus) with 59 goals. But Avellino lost to Cavese, 3-1, last Sunday. Giovanni Vavassori succeeds Galderisi, a former Italian national team star and the first international player signed by the Revolution in 1996.
http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2007/04/20/point_taken_despite_giveaways/

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
So did Latin and Greek. Only they didn't do that during the middle ages, but many years before. Arabic definitely isn't the mother of all languages and neither are Greek and Latin.
That's right. There is no language that can be described as the mother of all the languages as we know there had been many families to the languages, and Arabic was in one of those families..Look at this map:

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Rustum might be of Persian origin. Rostam (rstm) is the name of a Shahname hero and while I don't know the meaning of the name, heroes tend to be have a lion's strength. :D
Yes very true, I don't know how it seeped into the the Arabic vocabulary, but perhaps Rustum was feared over in Arabia, and by time the word changed from a Shah's name to a Lion's name.

I think that a plausible theory :)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Wasn't Rustum the guy who brought elephants with him in Al-Qadeseyya battle?? It was a real surprise for people who knew that camel was the most giant animal they could see :lol2:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's right. There is no language that can be described as the mother of all the languages as we know there had been many families to the languages, and Arabic was in one of those families..Look at this map:

Exactly. Obviously there must have been a first language at some point, but we'd have to go back in time a lot more. And even then I'm not sure you could call it the mother of all languages. Not all languages use words ...

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Wasn't Rustum the guy who brought elephants with him in Al-Qadeseyya battle?? It was a real surprise for people who knew that camel was the most giant animal they could see :lol2:
Yup, and he got his ass kicked :p

I am not sure if he was the only one though...Sadomin might confirm.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
No .. from what i remember from history classes it was Ramhurmuz or just Hurmuz ...

however, Rustum was in the Nahawand Battle or the Persian capital, Al-Madayin.((I don't know how it got it's Arabic name .. it has to have a Persian origin))

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
damn ... I confused them ... however I looked it up here ... and this is what I found ...

Yes, Rustum was in al Qadisiyya got killed a year later (14 ah)...

and Hurmuzan was the leader in the Ramhurmuz treaty (17 ah) which ended months later for their violation and also got killed in the battle ... and he was the last Persian Main leader .. He got killed even after Kisra the King ...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
:lol: Rustum turns out to be Armenian....Hear that Znoop, my grandfather kicked your grandfather's ass all over Iraq :D
we have Armenian names Rosdom, he could be an Armenian, If he is, the he is the shizzle, and I am sure he kicked your grandfather's ass more than once :D

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
damn ... I confused them ... however I looked it up here ... and this is what I found ...

Yes, Rustum was in al Qadisiyya got killed a year later (14 ah)...

and Hurmuzan was the leader in the Ramhurmuz treaty (17 ah) which ended months later for their violation and also got killed in the battle ... and he was the last Persian Main leader .. He got killed even after Kisra the King ...
we have Armenian names Rosdom, he could be an Armenian, If he is, the he is the shizzle, and I am sure he kicked your grandfather's ass more than once :D
as a matter of fact he didn't have the chance to pay back .. hehe

however ya was kicking our grandfathers asses before that :) ... In "Thee Qar" battles between Jahili Arabs and Persians for an instance ...

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Michael, I was undertanding many words in the "Maltese thread" because in Arabic it has the same meaning...:eyebrows:

For example, "Fox Ommak" or something like that (forget about the spelling) is very close to an insult in many Arabic countries...
maltese is derived from Arabic and Italian, and we have some french and english. I understand when arabs speak but can't understand their written language

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 210)