Nick Against the World (193 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Pado said:
We have Circle K coming out our nostrils. Dey b da ebery ware.
I saw my first Circle K in months, if not years, not far from Mendocino. It was like spotting an ivory-billed woodpecker. They used to be all over the seedier parts of the Bay Area some 10-15 years ago (i.e., usually not far from a Church's Chicken -- the king of ghetto fast food chicken). I still think they are spreading like cancer in places like SoCal (think San Dimas and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), Arizona, and even Salt Lake City. Didn't realize that they took on a Southern Thing.

Byrone said:
I found ur new tar Pado.
'Tar nothing. That's the Padovano family seal! Pado should get a big knuckle ring to press an image of that puppy in hot wax on all his correspondance -- just like the Pope. Well, that and the foreheads of some cafoni.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Zé Tahir said:
No Radioshacks in Shai-Town? :confused:
Altair: I didn't know you were in Chicago. Where abouts?

I'm a native of the Southwest Side myself. Within a one mile radius, some of the various "luminaries" that grew up alongside me in my 'hood included Ted Kaczynski (aka The Unibomber), Michael Flatley (of Lord of the Dance fame/shame), and Jenny McCarthy (of "shut up and just get naked" fame).

Talk about one f*%$ed up high school situation...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
swag said:
Altair: I didn't know you were in Chicago. Where abouts?

I'm a native of the Southwest Side myself. Within a one mile radius, some of the various "luminaries" that grew up alongside me in my 'hood included Ted Kaczynski (aka The Unibomber), Michael Flatley (of Lord of the Dance fame/shame), and Jenny McCarthy (of "shut up and just get naked" fame).

Talk about one f*%$ed up high school situation...
Well sir i knew you grew up here and your comiskey/disco-annihilation stories are still ringing. I live in yuppie town but I'm moving soon to the south loop, actually right across from soldier field.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Greg, a customer walked in today and I immediately noticed a portuguese accent, and I was right. So I started speaking portuguese with her, and she was like "are you from Portugal?", I was like nope :D and she was like, Brazil? I said nope, I'm from Pakistan, and she didn't believe me, she's like which part of Porugal are you from? lol. Finally she believed me and was like "voce fala muito bem!"

Damn I was so proud of myself :stuckup: :D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Zé Tahir said:
Greg, a customer walked in today and I immediately noticed a portuguese accent, and I was right. So I started speaking portuguese with her, and she was like "are you from Portugal?", I was like nope :D and she was like, Brazil? I said nope, I'm from Pakistan, and she didn't believe me, she's like which part of Porugal are you from? lol. Finally she believed me and was like "voce fala muito bem!"

You learned Portugese from some audio tapes, and you speak so well that you fooled someone from Portugal? You, sir, are a god! I am seriously impressed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Zé Tahir said:

Nicely done, Zé T. Portuguese isn't an easy language to "fake" your proficiency at. My wife can tell which island of the Azores someone is from based on their accent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 193)