Nick Against the World (256 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I'm glad Zambrotta transfered to Barcelona if he did not want to remain with Juventus. That way, Burke and I will be seeing him play at Giants Stadium on August 12th. Perhaps not only seeing him play, but also, inshallah, meeting our former number 19. What a fucking awesome day that would be.

But just as I did with the Chelsea match, I will have to find which hotel Barcelona will be staying at and when. Chances are they will stay at one of Manhattan's luxury five star hotels, so perhaps another trip into the Big Apple is on it's way. I will do whatever it takes to meet these guys, because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity...only in America could Ronaldinho NOT be surrounded with thousands of photographers and more approachable than ever. God, this is going to be so sick. We're going to meet Ronaldinho and Messi and Zambrotta.

And damn, we need to find someone who wants this extra ticket we have. Any takers?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yo Burke, you're going to have to use that magical personality and coerse the English-speaking Barca players to hook us up with a room at their hotel if we indeed chill with them. You know very-well that could be a possibility if we play our cards right.

Mark van Bommel seems to be one cool guy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
When Juventus came to play at Giants Stadium a few years ago, the day prior they took a tour of Manhattan and went sight seeing as a team.

How sick would it be if we joined Barcelona in a tour of Manhattan..

Apr 12, 2004
:lol:

Yo, markey-mark, this is trigga-mike burke....you may have heard of me, I once had a trial as a bench warmer's boot licker with NAC Breda. But in any case, I think me and my thug nasty need to be rolling up into that hotel with you, because if not, Osama bin-Burke may be on your plane tomorrow out of La Guardia, so I hope we can work something out.

Mark: You are cool, but I don't know about this Pavel Nedved looking mother fucker over here.

Me: Hey, hey, you're talking to my man all wrong, your tone, it's all wrong.......talk to him like that again, and I'll stab you in the face with a soddering iron.

mark: :shifty: MMMMMMM......okay, you guys want a suite?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Andy said:
Well, I'm glad Zambrotta transfered to Barcelona if he did not want to remain with Juventus. That way, Burke and I will be seeing him play at Giants Stadium on August 12th. Perhaps not only seeing him play, but also, inshallah, meeting our former number 19. What a fucking awesome day that would be.

But just as I did with the Chelsea match, I will have to find which hotel Barcelona will be staying at and when. Chances are they will stay at one of Manhattan's luxury five star hotels, so perhaps another trip into the Big Apple is on it's way. I will do whatever it takes to meet these guys, because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity...only in America could Ronaldinho NOT be surrounded with thousands of photographers and more approachable than ever. God, this is going to be so sick. We're going to meet Ronaldinho and Messi and Zambrotta.

And damn, we need to find someone who wants this extra ticket we have. Any takers?
do I hear another prank call to a players hotel room from one Michael De Cock ??

playing a sick joke on Zamby sounds like a great idea, right about now

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Vinman said:
do I hear another prank call to a players hotel room from one Michael De Cock ??

playing a sick joke on Zamby sounds like a great idea, right about now
I think the sick joke is going to be aimed at Thuram this time, because I simply don't like him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßömßärdîër said:
:lol:

Yo, markey-mark, this is trigga-mike burke....you may have heard of me, I once had a trial as a bench warmer's boot licker with NAC Breda. But in any case, I think me and my thug nasty need to be rolling up into that hotel with you, because if not, Osama bin-Burke may be on your plane tomorrow out of La Guardia, so I hope we can work something out.

Mark: You are cool, but I don't know about this Pavel Nedved looking mother fucker over here.

Me: Hey, hey, you're talking to my man all wrong, your tone, it's all wrong.......talk to him like that again, and I'll stab you in the face with a soddering iron.

mark: :shifty: MMMMMMM......okay, you guys want a suite?
:D

See, it's all in the verbiage.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Suspending Materazzi for 2 days is an absolute disgrace. It's based on three things if you ask me:

1) It's Materazzi
2) He's Italian
3) Zidane's name has to be somewhat cleared

Not to mention that:

1) The ever so classy Zidane called the ref of the semi-final a son of a bitch (which for very obscure reasons did not result in a straight red)
2) Zidane should have had a yellow in the semi-final which would have seen him miss the final
3) Poulsen never even received an official warning after the incident with Totti
4) Giving the golden ball to Zidane was scandalous

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:howler:

Though you have to admit it's true to some extent, Erik.
Whenever an Italian does something that looks remotely wrong the world cries foul. Had Materazzi been French no one would have cared.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
:howler:

Though you have to admit it's true to some extent, Erik.
Whenever an Italian does something that looks remotely wrong the world cries foul. Had Materazzi been French no one would have cared.
Nah that's not true. For example- the Italians are being praised all over the world for having invented catenaccio and giving football yet another face: which allows for many intercultural clashes on the European and global level between many different styles of football. Criticised as it may have been, the world also admires and respects Italy for it. Contrary, if any other nation were to play the same style that Italy have shown in the past, they would be flamed to the ground. Hell, the Germans gave us hell this past world cup for failing to produce total football when our players simply weren't good enough to produce any form of attacking play. Nobody takes that type of shit from us, but the Italians can get away with it.

Many Italians have a sense of an inferiority complex that rivals that of the Israelis ("Everyone hates us") only that of the Italians is based on nothing but their own paranoia...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 256)