Nhl (3 Viewers)

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #242
    Not necessary to start a new topic for the world cup so I'll just add it here.

I only saw two games this year, the quarter final and the final.
    The final was one of the best hockey games I've seen. It was a shame we lost it. At least we didn't deserve to win this year.

Rob Niedermayer's cross-checking on Forsberg was really horrible, one of those times you stand with your fists wanting to pump the shit out of a player. But I fear it won the game for them.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #243
    The finals begin tonight. Once again it is two outsiders Calgary and Tampa Bay. I don't know how to analyze this but it can't be a coincidence that two years in a row we have had small teams in the finals while Detroit and Colorado have spent millions on players.

My prediction is of course that it will be Calgary who will take home the Stanley Cup. It would be nice if a canadian team could finally win this.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #244
    It looks as if it is going to bea lock-out. Experts say it is 90% chance. And it might verywell last over several years. Sad that it had to come to this in order to stop the greed amongst the players.
    Well, I would be very happy if it happened as we would get several class players to Sweden.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I'm thinking that Tampa will win in 6 games, but it won't be easy. They seem to have trouble with big,physical forwards, but Calgary only has one in Jarome Iginla. Philadelphia had several, and that caused a lot of problems for them.

Fortunately for Calgary, Iginla just might be the best player in the NHL.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #246
    Yeah it is really impressive how great he became all of a sudden. After last year's rather crappy season he is now even better than two seasons ago. Not a new Gretzky but very well superstar.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
    I'm thinking that Tampa will win in 6 games, but it won't be easy. They seem to have trouble with big,physical forwards, but Calgary only has one in Jarome Iginla. Philadelphia had several, and that caused a lot of problems for them.

Fortunately for Calgary, Iginla just might be the best player in the NHL.
    And Mikka Kiprusoff is probably the best goalie in the league, unfortunatly.

Well, Tampa Bay is off to a good start. Final Score: Calgary 4 Tampa Bay 1

Iginla had a lucky goal, Khabibullin looked terrible, and that stupid forechecking system that the Flamers use dominated play. I hate to say it, but the Flamers look like their name will go on the cup for the first time in about 15 years.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I was watching the pregame for the game tonight, and I saw a picture of a person wearing a Juve shirt. I think it might have been Kiprusoff.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    hmmm I like both teams...the fact that it is 3-2 shows that these teams deserve to be in the finals-besides Philly, Calgary is the only team to really challenge Tampa, and same for Cagary

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    ye not a bad game at all, although we do want calgary to win
    No we don't. :groan:

I say Brad Richards and Vincent Lecavalier are gonna have a great game Monday. Go Tampa.

I say 3-2 Tampa Bay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)