Nhl (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
The National hockey league started this week.
I'm a bit late with my predictions but here they are:

1. Colorado
With the new Teemu Selänne and Paul Kariya plus Foppa, Sakic and Blake anything but the stanley cup would be a complete failure.
2. Vancouver
A little outsider, but I believe that Näslund and his chain will produce a lot this year aswell. If the Sedin brothers can start to show some skills they might prove to be worth this spot.
3. Detroit
They lost one of my favourites Sergei Fedorov but they got back a classy goalkeeper in the dominator Hasek. They still have Yzerman and the best defender in the world Nicklas Lidström. For some reason I feel that they will flop this year though.
4. Pittsburgh
Extremely unrealistic I know, but they are my favourite team and perhaps Lemieux can come back to his 2.0 points/game form.

I certainly hope we will see some better icehockey than last year when boring boring devils and the mighty duck were in the finals. One good thing about last year was that Colorado and Toronto were eliminated at an early stage so that I could see Forsberg and Sundin in the World cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
My favorite team is Detroit. Fedorov was way to kewl :thumb:
I don't think they'll flop though... but you probably know more about them than me, cuz you're swedish ;) :D, and I rarely get to see them play anymore.

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    This years NHL has a bitter start after the tragic death of the 25 year old Atlanta player Dan Snyder.
    Ths supertalent and rookie of the year Dan Heatley was driving his Ferrari with Dan Snyder when something suddenly went wrong and the car lost the grip. It went up in the air and landed in such a bad way that they both were badly injured. After about five days Snyder died.
    Heatley is still in the hospital and he can expect to go to prison for 2-5 years. SNyders death is the worst part of this but the Heatley part is extremely tragic as well especially for the sport. He was the biggest talent we had seen since Eric Lindros, he is a lot bigger talent than Rooney, Aimar or Kaka. Up front with the russian supertalent Kovalchuk they would have dominated the NHL for years. He had the potential of becoming a new Forsberg, Lemieux or perhaps even Gretzky.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    My favorite team is Detroit. Fedorov was way to kewl :thumb:
    I don't think they'll flop though... but you probably know more about them than me, cuz you're swedish ;) :D, and I rarely get to see them play anymore.
    I rarely watch the NHL either, it is too late. I know quite a lot about it though. Especially from collecting cards when I was smaller.

By the way, I added you on MSN but it seems like you haven't accepted me.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    Tonights results:

Minnesota-SanJose 2-3 (1-3, 1-0, 0-0)
    Minnesota: Brandner, Burns
    San Jose: Ricci (Nils Ekman),
    McCauley, Marleau

Colorado - St Louis 1-2 (0-1, 0-0, 1-1)
    Colorado: Kariya
    St Louis: Tkachuk 2

Chicago -Los Angeles 2-4 (0-1,1-2,1-1)
    Chicago: Bell, Calder
    Los Angeles: Klatt 2, Visnovsky,
    Modry

Anaheim - Phoenix 0-2 (0-1,0-0,0-1)
    Mål: Nagy, Langkow

My #1 Colorado lost their first game of the season, but there are more than 70 games left and still it is the playoffs that matters. Congratulations to Tkachuk and his 400:th goal though.
    Anaheim and Minnesota didn't work tonight. :)

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    Swedish news:

Mixed performances from the swedish players last night.
    Torontos Mats Sundin was blamed for Torontos pointloss against Washington, he took and unnecessary penalty in the last period which they scored on.
    The ex Djurgården Marcus Nilsson scored the 2-1 goal and Kristian Huselius scored the break.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #7
    It is time to stop the rookie salaries!

The salaries of the players in the NHL are sick and of course they should be changed, but today I will concentrate on rookie salaries.

I think a NHL player deserves a high salary. He sacrifices so much. A lot more than a footballplayer does. They play almost every night and have to do all kinds of commercial stuff. But when rookis who haven't played a single game can get 15million us dollars, someone has got to do something.
    In the 2001 draft Rick Di pietro was the overall first pick, he got a salary of 15.000.000 dollars, this without playing a single game in the league.
    This year another goalie was elected first Marc-Andre Fleury, this time by Pittsburgh Penguins. He rejected a great offer of 8million dollars because he ment that Di Pietro got a better salary two years ago. Just four minutes before deadline he had signed a similar contract as Di Pietros.
    Players will for all time look att what the previous players salaries, and probably ask more. It is not like the salarys will go down. Something has got to be done before this goes even more inzane, if that is possible.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #8
    Scoring leagues:

Top ten:
    1 Zigmund Palffy Los Angeles 5 2 8 10 2
    2 Ilja Kovaltjuk Atlanta 5 5 2 7 0
    3 Radek Bonk Ottawa 5 2 5 7 2
    4 Peter Forsberg Colorado 4 1 6 7 -2
    5 Brian Rolston Boston 6 4 2 6 5
    6 Robert Lang Washington 6 3 3 6 1
    7 Daniel Alfredsson Ottawa 5 3 3 6 1
    8 Marian Hossa Ottawa 5 3 3 6 3
    9 Marc Savard Atlanta 5 2 4 6 1
    10 Lubomir Visnovsky Los Angeles 5 2 4 6 0

Swedish top ten:
    1 (4) Peter Forsberg Colorado 4 1 6 7 -2
    2 (7) Daniel Alfredsson Ottawa 5 3 3 6 1
    3 (24) Nicklas Lidström Detroit 4 2 3 5 -1
    4 (44) Andreas Johansson Nashville 5 2 2 4 -2
    5 (83) Fredrik Modin Tampa Bay 3 1 2 3 4
    5 (83) Marcus Nilson Florida 5 1 2 3 1
    5 (83) Mattias Öhlund Vancouver 5 1 2 3 4
    5 (83) Henrik Sedin Vancouver 5 1 2 3 0
    5 (83) Andreas Dackell Montreal 5 1 2 3 3
    10 (119) Daniel Sedin Vancouver 5 0 3 3 0

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    My favourite team is Colorado, but it's been a while since I've payed much attention, I was playing lots of Nhl games at the time.

Jul 28, 2002
    :down: where are my Coyotes??? i guess the greatest player of all time couldnt manage to make phoenix any good then:down:

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    :down: where are my Coyotes??? i guess the greatest player of all time couldnt manage to make phoenix any good then:down:
    They shouldn't have sold Jeremy Roenick. At the time he was sold I thought they made a good deal as they got so much money for him but they didn't replace him with a new star. They seem to lack a leader which Roenick is.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #12
    Hattrick by Forsberg!!!

His seventh hattrick during his NHL career.
    30 NHL captains were asked what player they thought was the best in NHL. 24 answered Forsberg.
    He is the best.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #14
    Forsberg reached 700 points tonight. He still has more than 2000 points to go to beat the great one.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I'm a Canadiens Fan.

A Big One.

So you can imagine the amount of pain reducing substances I've had to partake in over the past decade to numb myself every season

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

They shouldn't have sold Jeremy Roenick. At the time he was sold I thought they made a good deal as they got so much money for him but they didn't replace him with a new star. They seem to lack a leader which Roenick is.
    I believe Roenick left as a free agent after coming to Phoenix in that trade that they made with Chicago. There wasn't much that Phoenix could do. He didn't want to stay there. Gretzky was slashing payroll, anyway.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #17
    Wait a minute, didn't they trade him to Philadelphia and get like 40 million dollars but no players?

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Wait a minute, didn't they trade him to Philadelphia and get like 40 million dollars but no players?
    no, the trade included daymond langkow , brian boucher and a first round pic

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    I'm a Canadiens Fan.

A Big One.

So you can imagine the amount of pain reducing substances I've had to partake in over the past decade to numb myself every season
    :LOL:

I'm glad you like Montreal, I would very much like to see a canadian team win the Stanley cup this year. They still have some kind of soul with real fans and no stupid maskot.
    I haven't been following them lately is Brisebois still there?

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #20
    Cool avatar, USA Juventini.

Have you seen the episode when Triumph goes to he star wars premiere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)