Neymar - Forward - PSG (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Where do the people that thought we could get Ronaldo rank?
Ronaldo looked somewhat possible. Ronaldo wanting Juve made perfect sense. Just didn't realize he pays his own salary.

As marketable Neymar is, he doesn't have as big a pull. We can't afford his salary. And there are two days left for such a big operation.

Apr 19, 2007
Ronaldo looked somewhat possible. Ronaldo wanting Juve made perfect sense. Just didn't realize he pays his own salary.

As marketable Neymar is, he doesn't have as big a pull. We can't afford his salary. And there are two days left for such a big operation.
Looking back it all made sense. At the time no one thought it was possible. The point is if we ever had a chance at Neymar we have been dealing for a while. Trying to move a bunch of players in order to free cap room. Maybe trying to force out a big player for "no reason". I agree that neymar isnt coming but we also said De Ligt was improbable and Ronaldo was a long shot to say the least.
My whole point is clearly we are capable of making Big moves if our board justifies it

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Looking back it all made sense. At the time no one thought it was possible. The point is if we ever had a chance at Neymar we have been dealing for a while. Trying to move a bunch of players in order to free cap room. Maybe trying to force out a big player for "no reason". I agree that neymar isnt coming but we also said De Ligt was improbable and Ronaldo was a long shot to say the least.
My whole point is clearly we are capable of making Big moves if our board justifies it
It seemed possible to me even if not very likely. Not till rumors of Exor helping out with salary surfaced. At that point I thought it was more possible. Juve was simply the best destination for Ronaldo, and I believed he actually did want or prefer a move to Juve.

Yes, we're capable of big moves. I thought Higuain was very much possible too (didn't think for 90m but 70m), and I think a lot of us thought de Ligt was possible even if improbable (seemed to prefer Barca more). De Ligt wasn't impossible financially. Neymar is different.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I sincerely hope so.
Who thinks that? I think we're pretty solid financially.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say it's good for us that he stays there. If he goes to RM or Barca, they suddenly become unplayable I'd say. If things stay as they are, the power is spread more evenly xD
Thats how I felt when PSG signed him too; was the first star in his prime to be snatched away from the two LaLiga giants in a long-ass time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)