Neymar - Forward - PSG (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you, this page makes zero sense for most of it.

He was playing 3rd wheel in Barcas trio, essentially more AM/pure winger then attacker, and he had one season were he had more assists then goals...you figure, not impressive, must be because he had so little goals...he had 26 assistant and 21 goals. Fairly crazy. And he was criticised for it. No wonder he left (essentially doing a Kevin Durant lol), go somewhere he had to prove he is capable he to carry most of the attacking load. As he has done.
Yeah. Neymar is a beast. Playing third wheel at Barca and seeing what he did there even so. That season (15-16) Messi missed 6 weeks or whatever it was, and Neymar-Suarez formed a duo up front, he had like 13 goals - 8 assists in the 10 games in league and CL. But of course with Messi fit, it always made sense to run the play through him and the Messi-Suarez partnership was deadly, with Neymar most often playing off ball as third option. And he’s dominated in Ligue 1, regardless of it being a shit league. And it’s not like he has underperformed in CL for them with 11 goals - 5 assists in 13 matches.

Neymar’s skills would compliment Ronaldo far better than they did Messi IMO.

I can see not wanting him because of his attitude and behaviour off pitch... I’m of mixed mind there. But not rating him as a footballer is just dumb.

Silly hypothetical though. There is no way we can afford him right now.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The comparison to Dybala :lol:

Neymar was a MONSTER at 17 years old, carrying his club to titles including a continental trophy, golden ball and everything else. He was the real deal since the beginning like all the greats were. He's just unlucky to be playing in the era of Ronaldo-Messi or would've won multiple ballon d'ors by now. Bitch please...
where was that experence in that defeat to germany 7-1 in world cup?

oh yeah he was out like a little bitch injured. just like he has been over past season for psg.

in b4 another rant by osman. no one cares neymar we dont need. nor should this discussion even be iup

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
This is pure fantasy. No way I can see this deal happening from a financial viewpoint. His injuries make it worse unless PSG and the player are willing to accept much lower numbers which I think is unlikely.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Yeah. Neymar is a beast. Playing third wheel at Barca and seeing what he did there even so. That season (15-16) Messi missed 6 weeks or whatever it was, and Neymar-Suarez formed a duo up front, he had like 13 goals - 8 assists in the 10 games in league and CL. But of course with Messi fit, it always made sense to run the play through him and the Messi-Suarez partnership was deadly, with Neymar most often playing off ball as third option. And he’s dominated in Ligue 1, regardless of it being a shit league. And it’s not like he has underperformed in CL for them with 11 goals - 5 assists in 13 matches.

Neymar’s skills would compliment Ronaldo far better than they did Messi IMO.

I can see not wanting him because of his attitude and behaviour off pitch... I’m of mixed mind there. But not rating him as a footballer is just dumb.

Silly hypothetical though. There is no way we can afford him right now.
I agree with this he stepped up alot for barce when messi was injured and he also was more important than messi in CL as he was the one that turned games around like that psg one after they got trashed. But since hes moved to PSG hes turned into a bigger bitch and diva who wants to spend most hes time doing party tricks with that ball, setting records for how many rolls he get in one foul and think he prefers spending more time with hes sister than actually playing football these days. The last 2 CLS hes missed because of injury and also now just missed the entire copa with injury far too much risk with how much silly money he would want.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Just thinking this through though......

PSG paid EU222m for his 5 year contract. Their annual amortization is therefore ~45m a year. His residual value would now be 133m. So they would make a profit on his sale above that amount.

His salary is what I am not sure about. My understanding is that he gets around 30m a year but what is not certain is whether that is before or after taxes. If its pre tax then its more plausible financially if Juve just met his wages.

So, assuming we bought him for 150m on the same wages, he would cost us 60m a year pre-tax between amortization and wages.

Now....

If Juve decided to sell Dybala in order to fund it.....

If Dybala could be sold for 80m, we would book a profit on his sale of 72m (his residual value is only 8m now). His amortization was to be 8m this year and his wages are around 7.5m NET or 15m gross. So Dybala is costing us 23m a year before tax.

So assuming the above happened.....

The P&L would be impacted by +35m in the FY19/20 year but then -37m in the FY21 and FY22 years

-----

So....whether we want to do it or not is another question but financially its actually not as completely out of the question as you might think particularly if Neymar's wages are GROSS 30m. That I am not sure of.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Just thinking this through though......

PSG paid EU222m for his 5 year contract. Their annual amortization is therefore ~45m a year. His residual value would now be 133m. So they would make a profit on his sale above that amount.

His salary is what I am not sure about. My understanding is that he gets around 30m a year but what is not certain is whether that is before or after taxes. If its pre tax then its more plausible financially if Juve just met his wages.

So, assuming we bought him for 150m on the same wages, he would cost us 60m a year pre-tax between amortization and wages.

Now....

If Juve decided to sell Dybala in order to fund it.....

If Dybala could be sold for 80m, we would book a profit on his sale of 72m (his residual value is only 8m now). His amortization was to be 8m this year and his wages are around 7.5m NET or 15m gross. So Dybala is costing us 23m a year before tax.

So assuming the above happened.....

The P&L would be impacted by +35m in the FY19/20 year but then -37m in the FY21 and FY22 years

-----

So....whether we want to do it or not is another question but financially its actually not as completely out of the question as you might think particularly if Neymar's wages are GROSS 30m. That I am not sure of.
I think Neymar is around 36m a year. I think Dybala(80) + Bonucci(30) + 60m or something would do it, so it definitely ain't out of the question. If PSG ain't willing to take Dybala then we have absolutely no chance.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Normally I’d lol at these rumours, but these days, who knows? I’m sure it would absolutely destroy us financially, but if we sold Dybala/Cancelo plus all of the scrubs, it could be a possibility. Never say never in this crazy new football world.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Amazing..... Juve's forecast revenue for FY19 IS 585m.... That is more than double what it was 5 years ago! And more than triple what it was the year after calciopoli.

How things have changed

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Neymar currently is on 36 or 37 neto, considerably more than Ronaldo. Pretty sure though that he understands that he needs to bring it down 20-30% for anyone to be able to afford him.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
The comparison to Dybala :lol:

Neymar was a MONSTER at 17 years old, carrying his club to titles including a continental trophy, golden ball and everything else. He was the real deal since the beginning like all the greats were. He's just unlucky to be playing in the era of Ronaldo-Messi or would've won multiple ballon d'ors by now. Bitch please...
His talent is unquestionable but his mentality is what is missing for him to be on Ronaldo/Messi's level. If he was a bit more humble and a hard worker- the sky would be the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)