Neymar - Forward - PSG (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The kid may be a potentially huge force in football for the next decade but I have a few issues.
Firstly, if that 30m fee is true then that's far too much. He has virtually no experience in a big league, which I understand because he's 18 but that doesn't excuse the price tag.
Secondly, his attitude looks pretty shit from what I've seen. He always whines like a bitch when he doesn't score and I've seen several instances where he kicks the ball away when the opponent gets a free kick. Plus there's that incident which got his coach sacked. I don't want the new Balotelli at Juve, there's no place for that attitude here.

If he takes up an EU spot I'd get Dzeko. But there's also the issue of funds. Even if he does have a Portuguese passport, we're still playing 30 million for him which would probably still mean no Dzeko because we would be spending on full backs, another striker, or a left wing plus Aquilani.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Those supposed 3.5/4m wages Mark posted, are these on a yearly basis or spread out over the entire contract?

Regardless, spending 30 odd million on an unproven, (over)hyped Brazilian youngster doesn't exactly sound like a good idea. Especially not for a club like Juve.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
The kid may be a potentially huge force in football for the next decade but I have a few issues.
Firstly, if that 30m fee is true then that's far too much. He has virtually no experience in a big league, which I understand because he's 18 but that doesn't excuse the price tag.
Secondly, his attitude looks pretty shit from what I've seen. He always whines like a bitch when he doesn't score and I've seen several instances where he kicks the ball away when the opponent gets a free kick. Plus there's that incident which got his coach sacked. I don't want the new Balotelli at Juve, there's no place for that attitude here.

If he takes up an EU spot I'd get Dzeko. But there's also the issue of funds. Even if he does have a Portuguese passport, we're still playing 30 million for him which would probably still mean no Dzeko because we would be spending on full backs, another striker, or a left wing plus Aquilani.
Totally agreed.:tup:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
let us be spending money on 18 years olds...he has what it takes to be here and since we have amauri and iq we need his type of forward.

better than cassano or pazzo

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Big talent but we should only take a risk if he indeed has a Portugal passport. We can't waste our 1 non-EU spot for someone unproven like him. The old Juventus maybe could have but we can't afford another flop at this point when we are trying to get back into the top.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Big talent but we should only take a risk if he indeed has a Portugal passport. We can't waste our 1 non-EU spot for someone unproven like him. The old Juventus maybe could have but we can't afford another flop at this point when we are trying to get back into the top.
We aren't City of Real, we can't buy Dzeko (33 m) and Neymar (30 m)

It's not the time for Juve to take risks, so I'll choose safer and go for Dzeko.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We'll see what people say when he's scoring goals for Chelsea or Madrid in 3 seasons.

I remember similar sentiment about Aguero when Liverpool were interested in him, now we feel stupid.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:howler:

We want to pay an 18 year old almost 4m a year and spend 30m on him? LMAO!

Get Dzeko, a guy to knows how to outscore his entire team whom will score even more goals with a guy like Cassano next to him. Cassano-Dzeko is the way to go.

Unless we get Neymar for like 15m, 2m for the first two seasons or so with a Portuguese passport then no thank you. Let him earn his 3-4m a year contract over time.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:howler:

We want to pay an 18 year old almost 4m a year and spend 30m on him? LMAO!

Get Dzeko, a guy to knows how to outscore his entire team whom will score even more goals with a guy like Cassano next to him. Cassano-Dzeko is the way to go.

Unless we get Neymar for like 15m, 2m for the first two seasons or so with a Portuguese passport then no thank you. Let him earn his 3-4m a year contract over time.
Better get a Misimovic/Diego player too. Oh wait, they don't fit into the 4-4-2.

Juve won't by Neymar and I doubt they get Dzeko either. Probably end up with Cassano and Pazzini/Quag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)