Neymar - Forward - PSG (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Balotelli, Alexis Sanchez, Pastore, they all turned out shit abroad :seven:

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 00:43 ----------

I don't think Jovetic is overrated, he's a great talent don't get me wrong. But Serie A fans tend to overrate Serie A talents, its funny seeing people comparing Jovetic to Neymar for example, and only Serie A fans would make such a comparison.
:confused: Are you sure you are a PL fan? :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Balotelli, Alexis Sanchez, Pastore, they all turned out shit abroad :seven:

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 00:43 ----------

:confused: Are you sure you are a PL fan? :D
I don't understand the point your trying to make?

Btw, Pastore was bought for a record fee in French football, the expectation was that he'd take the Ligue by storm, he isn't even PSG's best player this season, not even close.

May 22, 2007
I don't think Jovetic is overrated, he's a great talent don't get me wrong. But Serie A fans tend to overrate Serie A talents, its funny seeing people comparing Jovetic to Neymar for example, and only Serie A fans would make such a comparison.
I think a lot of it is due the exposure to someone like Jovetic, even though I think it's a weird comparison as well.

Kjær used to benefit from the hype as well, despite not being that good. I also thought that Pastore was overrated as well, even though he was pretty good.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Man, we don't even need to wait that long, if Neymar moves to Europe next season, you'll see how much more superior he is to Jovetic(lol). You Serie A fans, have this annoying knack of overrating Serie A talents too much.
I know there are some peeps here that would replace the Juve squad with only Udinese players (Armero, Isla, Benatia, lol), but that's not me.

No doubt Neymar is quite a bit more talented, but I don't fall for just mere talent. When I see him, I see a player whose mercurial ability gives him a clear advantage over a player like Jovetic. But by virtue of his personality, Jojo is overcoming having "only" 50% of Neymar's talent and making himself an important player, which I think could take him much further.

I don't know much about Neymar - only seen him a handful of times - and I'm not trying to undermine him, but the difference in talent between the two doesn't make it as obvious to me as it is to you that he'd turn out to be the better player.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't understand the point your trying to make?

Btw, Pastore was bought for a record fee in French football, the expectation was that he'd take the Ligue by storm, he isn't even PSG's best player this season, not even close.
Seems pretty obvious, Jovetic is one of the better young talents in Serie A, just as they were before they left.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think a lot of it is due the exposure to someone like Jovetic, even though I think it's a weird comparison as well.

Kjær used to benefit from the hype as well, despite not being that good. I also thought that Pastore was overrated as well, even though he was pretty good.
I agree. and finally someone doesn't equate "overrated" with being a bad player :tup:

I know there are some peeps here that would replace the Juve squad with only Udinese players (Armero, Isla, Benatia, lol), but that's not me.

No doubt Neymar is quite a bit more talented, but I don't fall for just mere talent. When I see him, I see a player whose mercurial ability gives him a clear advantage over a player like Jovetic. But by virtue of his personality, Jojo is overcoming having "only" 50% of Neymar's talent and making himself an important player, which I think could take him much further.

I don't know much about Neymar - only seen him a handful of times - and I'm not trying to undermine him, but the difference in talent between the two doesn't make it as obvious to me as it is to you that he'd turn out to be the better player.
There is still the chance that Neymar would do an Adriano or a Ronaldinho(him being Brazilian and all :p) but barring that, i think the difference in ability between the two players is too high/

Seems pretty obvious, Jovetic is one of the better young talents in Serie A, just as they were before they left.
I didn't say Serie A didn't have good talents, i didn't say they weren't any good, they have just as many good talents as the other top leagues. I said that Serie A fans tend to overrate them, theres a big difference.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
There is still the chance that Neymar would do an Adriano or a Ronaldinho(him being Brazilian and all :p) but barring that, i think the difference in ability between the two players is too high/
Well it is an important consideration to factor in, you know :D Not necessarily becoming a fat, tranny-luvin' drunk, but you know, just not adapting because European coaches wanna ask him to press hard, track back a little, put on some weight, cut out the party tricks.

Ooh, ooh! Btw, I wasn't a Pastore fanboy either. Sanchez and Jovetic all the way :agree:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well, that's your opinion of course, even if it seems off to me. I live in England so know that it isn't just a Serie A trait.
Oh you don't need to live in England to know that its a bigger problem with EPL pundits and fans :D

We get Sky Sports commentators, and we have English studios where they bring pundits like Trevor Francis, Venables, Curbishley, Townsend and co.

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 05:21 ----------

Pastore's really good, can't wait to see him in CL.
Everyone, himself included expected him to take the Ligue by storm, but like i said before, he isn't even PSG's best player. Flopped so many times in the big games too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think its a mental thing, he came to the Ligue saying that it was an easy league and that he was just using it as a springboard for bigger things.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
meh, that's your opinion.
Ligue 1 overrated players :p
I am basing my opinion on both of them playing in the same league and one being obviously superior to the other. They're close in terms of ability and potential and any one of them could develop into a better player than the other, but there is no doubting that Hazard is performing better and more consistently than Pastore this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)