next friendly: Germany vs. Italy (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah, i does amaze me that zanetti is there. even perrotta surprises me.

Maresca is young, and is better than both those players IMO. Even Pirlo should be in that team.

Di Vaio ahead of Del Vecchio seems fair as well. But i'm sure Inzaghi will get called when he recovers from injury.

with that squad, i would have this:

-------------buffon

oddo----nesta---cannavaro---zambro

---------tacchinardi-- perrotta(forced)

------miccoli-------totti-----del piero

------------------vieri

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
I'll tell you why Perrotta is there, he and Zanetti have formed an effective, if unspectacular partnership in midfield. They have yet to come up against real quality though. They don't do any thing special but Trap doesn't want them to, we rely on Totti, Del Piero etc for that.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Is Pippo injured?
No, it was a "tecnical choice".
Same 4 Gattuso, it's from a while that Trap has problems with them.

IMO the NT need both of them, but especially 4 Pippo I think will be hard; I think he fighted with Trap during the WC cause he was often on the bench and Trap get pissed cause he criticised him trought the media.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well steveyivy, he is the only one in the team who can play that role naturally. i mean, with gattuso injured and players such as pirlo and maresca not in the team, it doesnt leave us with much.

As Holden mentioned, Perrotta and Zanetti have formed a partnership but have done so against low quality sides. i cant wait to them face up again a vieira, zidane, makelele midfield or germany's or spains.

only players such as tacchinardi, gattuso and pirlo have really faced such competition fomr their CL experiences.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Trap door open for Pippo Tuesday 19 August, 2003

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Giovanni Trapattoni has told Pippo Inzaghi that his international career is not over despite being dropped from the latest squad.

The Milan man has been left at home for Wednesday’s game against Germany but the tactician maintains he could be recalled in the future.

"I’ve spoken to Pippo and told him that I am trying a new system and that means making a few changes," said the Coach.

"It doesn’t mean that he or anyone else is shut out forever but I need players with other characteristics at the moment."

The former Juventus boss will keep faith with his 4-2-3-1 formation that relies on a big target man such as Christian Vieri or Bernardo Corradi rather than the lightweight Inzaghi.

The Azzurri will face the world vice-champions in Stuttgart tomorrow and Trap is keen to impress after his spell with Bayern Munich.

"Games like this are never friendlies and this tie is personal for me," he added. "I’m keen to entertain and get a result."

Italy will have to do without the injured Alessandro Nesta and Cristiano Zanetti which is likely to see the Juventus duo of Alessio Tacchinardi and Nicola Legrottaglie step in.

"Let’s hope that we can replicate our club form with the national side," stated Alex Del Piero. "Even if the real football starts in 15 days time.

"But nobody likes to lose and these friendly games will undoubtedly help us in preparation for the new campaign."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Italy (probable): Buffon; Panucci, Cannavaro, Legrottaglie, Zambrotta; Tacchinardi, Perrotta; Camoranesi, Totti, Del Piero; Vieri.

Juve: 6
Inter: 2
Roma: 2
Chievo: 1
Milan: SWEET NOTHIIIIIING

Germany (probable): Kahn; Hinkel, Woerns, Baumann, Rau; Freier, Ramelow, Jeremies; Schneider; Neuville, Bobic.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
personally, in friendlies, i dont want juve players in there. but i only think that del piero, legrottaglie, tacchinardi, maresca and camoranesi should be in the italina squad.
I'm assuming you didn't leave out Buffon intentionally right?

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Italy (probable): Buffon; Panucci, Cannavaro, Legrottaglie, Zambrotta; Tacchinardi, Perrotta; Camoranesi, Totti, Del Piero; Vieri.

Juve: 6
Inter: 2
Roma: 2
Chievo: 1
Milan: SWEET NOTHIIIIIING
you meean Tommasi, Gattuso, C. Zanetti and Di Biagio are not going to play together? thats a real crying shame :( damn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)