Next coach (14 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
No, he was cheated. Llorente scored with his arm.
No he didn't, Llorente scored with his hip as was checked by VAR.

Pep lost to Tottenham who we beat last year, who just lost to Ajax, who where playing City without Kane.

Just like he lost to Liverpool both matches to a 5-1 aggregate.

Right after he lost to Monaco of all teams. The same Monaco that Max dispatched 4-1.

All while having an infinite checkbook. Let's have some perspective. The ONLY teams that Pep has beat in the knockouts with City in 3 seasons are Basel and Schalke.

It would be an exciting stylistic change, let's just not pretend that Max hasn't been outperforming Pep post-Barca.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Well, if you actually think Allegri always does the same thing, then I guess you missed our formation and gamestyle switches... 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1,... You name it, we played it under Allegri.

That's not saying we should keep him at all. But the man builds a team with what he has. If we actually deliver him different characteristics, he will change the style.
Different formation, different clothes, same idea... Attack in block without a really plan, just let individuality excel by themselves and put a large number of players behind the ball to occupied space in defense involving everyone in that task so... same

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Different formation, different clothes, same idea... Attack in block without a really plan, just let individuality excel by themselves and put a large number of players behind the ball to occupied space in defense involving everyone in that task so... same
If you actually think we played like this in the seasons where we made the finals, we're done here.

And yes, being led by individual talent and defending in group is something every big team does. Put Guardiola in front of this seasons' team. I'd love to see it.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
If you actually think we played like this in the seasons where we made the finals, we're done here.

And yes, being led by individual talent and defending in group is something every big team does.
If we are talking about 14/15, we have a WC MF better than anyone else in the entire world plus Tevez and Alvaro on fire so our game plan was the same, let individuality excel and they were great on it... Now, I can give you 16/17 when I think the team were playing like one, it means the whole were greater than the sum of its part, I put all that on Max, however since then he regrets as hell, at the same level AS and Paulo did this season so go figure

I think a change is need it, I know It's a bet to change him, it's always is, but you need to be bold if you wanna dominate this sport

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
No he didn't, Llorente scored with his hip as was checked by VAR.

Pep lost to Tottenham who we beat last year, who just lost to Ajax, who where playing City without Kane.

Just like he lost to Liverpool both matches to a 5-1 aggregate.

Right after he lost to Monaco of all teams. The same Monaco that Max dispatched 4-1.

All while having an infinite checkbook. Let's have some perspective. The ONLY teams that Pep has beat in the knockouts with City in 3 seasons are Basel and Schalke.

It would be an exciting stylistic change, let's just not pretend that Max hasn't been outperforming Pep post-Barca.
:tup:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If we are talking about 14/15, we have a WC MF better than anyone else in the entire world plus Tevez and Alvaro on fire so our game plan was the same, let individuality excel and they were great on it... Now, I can give you 16/17 when I think the team were playing like one, it means the whole were greater than the sum of its part, I put all that on Max, however since then he regrets as hell, at the same level AS and Paulo did this season so go figure

I think a change is need it, I know It's a bet to change him, it's always is, but you need to be bold if you wanna dominate this sport
14/15 as well, we had a great streamlined attack. But if you filter out individula brilliance, no CL winner of the last 10 years actually had a decent plan. They were all overreliant on Messi, Cristiano,... That's just football, man. Individual quality wins games.

I too think a change might benefit us (we definitely need someone more attack minded with our quality upfront) but the blame on Max' is being blown way out of proportion.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
14/15 as well, we had a great streamlined attack. But if you filter out individula brilliance, no CL winner of the last 10 years actually had a decent plan. They were all overreliant on Messi, Cristiano,... That's just football, man. Individual quality wins games.

I too think a change might benefit us (we definitely need someone more attack minded with our quality upfront) but the blame on Max' is being blown way out of proportion.
We have Cristiano now but I see your point and I think the same about last CL winners: individuality (skill and mentality), ref helps and good luck

However I might be wrong but IMO Ajax and Liverpool are playing way up to their individuality skills, they aren't as great as they look right now, again just my opinion

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We have Cristiano now but I see your point and I think the same about last CL winners: individuality (skill and mentality), ref helps and good luck

However I might be wrong but IMO Ajax and Liverpool are playing way up to their individuality skills, they aren't as great as they look right now, again just my opinion
Don't know about that.
For one because they have many players with great quality, despite their low budget.
Second because we could argue Ajax could've easily been knocked out by Real or even by us... Real had multiple chances in their home game. And if Douglas Costa hits the inside instead of the outside of the post, we're through. Also there first goal in the return leg was one lucky bastard...
But third and most importantly; no they wouldn't have gone through if we didn't have this injury crisis, which is what I blame Allegri the most.

Liverpool is a amazing as a team but again they start form quality. Salah, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Fabino, that's class we barely possess apart from Ronaldo. Each of our players has decent attibutes but those guys & especially those teams are complete. Ours simply isn't.

I think we agree here 'though. The time has come for something new. Allegri just hasn't performed up to standards with this team. And that injury crisis at that exact moment with the Scudetto in the bag, is his responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)