News that makes you say WTF! (20 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66286800

Lol at this prick thinking this shit would work in every country.

Litterally the worst possible way to do it, by the worst possible person do it. What a bellend.

The intended message is one thing, but everything else is peak entitlement and disregard for everyone else involved, the community he endangers in Malaysia, the fans who came there from whole region for a long festival that got shut down. The festival artists who traveled for so long to perform.

One thing if it was a levelheaded individual doing innocent mistake. But the moron trying to be an ally is extremely offensive to other races, genders and religions is also peak wtfness.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Litterally the worst possible way to do it, by the worst possible person do it. What a bellend.

The intended message is one thing, but everything else is peak entitlement and disregard for everyone else involved, the community he endangers in Malaysia, the fans who came there from whole region for a long festival that got shut down. The festival artists who traveled for so long to perform.

One thing if it was a levelheaded individual doing innocent mistake. But the moron trying to be an ally is extremely offensive to other races, genders and religions is also peak wtfness.

Actually I have an issue with the message as well.

I am all for sexual freedom and if it were up to me no act of homosexuality would be punishable by law. But at the very least this has been quite the historic debate. His own country had Alan Turing killing himself in the fifties for example. Clearly this is something that has been punishable in a lot of societies, past and present, and you need genuine debate to understand where you want to go with this as a society. His message is basically: you are wrong and you should go fuck yourself, my laws are superior.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I am all for sexual freedom and if it were up to me no act of homosexuality would be punishable by law. But at the very least this has been quite the historic debate. His own country had Alan Turing killing himself in the fifties for example. Clearly this is something that has been punishable in a lot of societies, past and present, and you need genuine debate to understand where you want to go with this as a society. His message is basically: you are wrong and you should go fuck yourself, my laws are superior.
It also doesn't help that he isn't far from donning blackface to protest racial discrimination.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh yeah as said he did it in the worst possible way. By message I mean the intended act might started off as support to an oppressed minority (why gay activists in malaysia said his intent may been genuine before calling out what an idiot he was), but it ends there in anything being understandable by him. Everything that followed was idiotic. Was a me me me fuckery.

Certainly not the way to start a debate that's understanding and appropriate for the culture of the country he is in. Worst possible candidate to do this, since he seems like bigot at everything else too.

Don't even know this band, but he ruined any chance of them ever being able to tour in Asia again.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Oh yeah as said he did it in the worst possible way. By message I mean the intended act might started off as support to an oppressed minority (why gay activists in malaysia said his intent may been genuine before calling out what an idiot he was), but it ends there in anything being understandable by him. Everything that followed was idiotic. Was a me me me fuckery.

Certainly not the way to start a debate that's understanding and appropriate for the culture of the country he is in. Worst possible candidate to do this, since he seems like bigot at everything else too.

Don't even know this band, but he ruined any chance of them ever being able to tour in Asia again.
He's a massive coke/recovering addict and so is his mother. I think most of it is persona for attention, as is all the playing gay stuff that this generation laps up (he isn't gay), but also get the impression that he's either off his face or just generally a bit of a mong. He did this before in Dubai so bit of a one trick pony tbh.

They have a couple of catchy songs if you like this kind of whiny indie pop stuff.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

I had the same sort of situation when I lived in Latin America. Especially in Uruguay a lot of the humour is based on the type of casual homophobia which was all the rage in the 00s in the UK and I guess also across Europe and the USA. It made me uncomfortable joining in at first so I tried to avoid it.

But for example because 'puto' as an adjective can mean two things (ie. Mi puto teléfono can mean both 'my fucking phone' and 'my gay phone') it all got way complicated to avoid if I was gonna swear, which of course I was. In the end I realised that as a European living in Latin America it wasn't my place to lecture or disapprove or look down (last time that didn't work out so well), and I just had to accept I'd never fully understand the nuances of the language as a reflection of the culture. I did call some of my friends out for being assholes or whatever but for stuff that's more black and white like heckling women out their car window.

Also because all the nouns and adjectives are gendered in Spanish there's a lot of wordplay if a sort that was kinda new for me and it's not simply 'ure ghey' a lot of it is really fucking funny jokes lol

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Well, hook up some of these puto jokes, faggot.
Sabés que te dicen a vos? Te dicen el bondi sin frenos. Porque comés todas las paradas.

A vos te dicen La Tortuga. Xq dormís con la cabeza adentro

A tu hermana le dicen Evita. Xq es la mujer del pueblo.

Fotógrafo de aviones sos. Xq vivís tomando de arriba

Por ultima, sos el gato de la iglesia. Que te mantiene el padre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)