News that makes you say WTF! (25 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Wait what? Did they find a way to be even more illegal :howler:?
Apparently it's insanely difficult to rescind Iranian citizenship as well, so there's nothing even those dual-citizens can do about it, thousands of Austrians also suffer from that.

The good news is that it's way too much too soon. Even Nazi Germany knew a slow descent into madness at first.
Yeah I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong from a historical point of view. The Nazis went from Hitler being appointed chancellor to opening the Dachau concentration camp in less than two months.

It's terrible, but obviously Trump is still quite a bit away from anything that would allow literal Nazi comparisons. You don't even need to though, I mean he's still moving the country towards some sort of pseudo-democracy/protofascism at an alarming rate

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Not only are you dismissing the fact that people of the "First world" countries are far more willing to stand for their fellow humans than are the people of the underdeveloped countries (simply because we barely get to practice such civil exercises), you're also forgetting that the very calamity that you are talking about will affect people of the underdeveloped world a lot harsher and for a much longer time.
Honestly have got a very different impression here, personally :D

You got completely different experiences of courses, and it's kinda unfair to lump all people and cultures of developed/developing countries together given the huge heterogeneity of course.

- - - Updated - - -

33, but this guy is nearly 50. He was 16 when he signed the petition. About 19-20 he tried to visit the States and got a politely-worded letter back from the DoS in reply to his Visa application saying that they felt it was only right that he wouldn't be allowed to visit the US given that he didn't think their president should visit his home country :D
That's amazingly petty :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm from Quebec city (not living there), and my mother is a casual to that Mosque. Still in disbelief that happened, my family knows some of the victims.
Damn, my condolences (as much as than can mean from a random guy on the internet)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I guess it's all fine because it's daddy Trump's minion but still....
"Calls to ban muslims". This isn't a muslim ban at all. The five countries with the highest muslim populations are not banned (Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Nigeria), so how could it be a muslim ban? It's simply an increased measure of protection from the countries previously identified by OBAMA as security risks years ago. It's also only for 90 days, not permanent.

Schumer basically advocated for the same thing as what Trump has done, not a muslim ban. At least get your facts right.

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/2...lim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

His tears are an act, he's crying in front of the media over something he previously advocated for. He's a politician ffs.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
"Calls to ban muslims". This isn't a muslim ban at all. The five countries with the highest muslim populations are not banned (Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Nigeria), so how could it be a muslim ban? It's simply an increased measure of protection from the countries previously identified by OBAMA as security risks years ago. It's also only for 90 days, not permanent.

Schumer basically advocated for the same thing as what Trump has done, not a muslim ban. At least get your facts right.

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/2...lim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

His tears are an act, he's crying in front of the media over something he previously advocated for. He's a politician ffs.
I don't know if he was down for revoking green cards. But it's been almost 2 years. With the new information about the US vetting process, the guy may have changed his mind. There are many possibilities.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't know if he was down for revoking green cards. But it's been almost 2 years. With the new information about the US vetting process, the guy may have changed his mind. There are many possibilities.
So he (career politician) goes from advocating for a refugee ban to crying in front of the media about it in 2 years? Ok

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So he (career politician) goes from advocating for a refugee ban to crying in front of the media about it in 2 years? Ok
What is the sufficient amount of time in which to change one's mind?

I'm not saying he is or he isn't. Just seems like folks tend to warp information to fit their feelings a bit too much.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
What is the sufficient amount of time in which to change one's mind?

I'm not saying he is or he isn't. Just seems like folks tend to warp information to fit their feelings a bit too much.
I really don't see how a politician trying to appeal to emotion is an unlikely scenario. Anyway this debate is pointless and meaningless.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

The ban doesn't need to include all muslims to be a muslim ban, as long as people who are banned are singled out, partly or entirely, because of their religion. It's a blanket ban against nations who haven't contributed to terrorism in the US, is racist, and is mainly meant to make things like you happy. What happened under Obama was wrong too, where do you stand? With Obama or against him? Do you agree with this ban, an Obama "invention", or not?

Regardless, never have kids.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm from Quebec city (not living there), and my mother is a casual to that Mosque. Still in disbelief that happened, my family knows some of the victims.
That's awful. I'm really sorry to hear it. Condolences.

- - - Updated - - -

The ban doesn't need to include all muslims to be a muslim ban, as long as people who are banned are singled out, partly or entirely, because of their religion. It's a blanket ban against nations who haven't contributed to terrorism in the US, is racist, and is mainly meant to make things like you happy. What happened under Obama was wrong too, where do you stand? With Obama or against him? Do you agree with this ban, an Obama "invention", or not?

Please don't quote this "bozo", I have him on ignore so I don't have to read his puerile nonsense. :p

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Honestly have got a very different impression here, personally :D

You got completely different experiences of courses, and it's kinda unfair to lump all people and cultures of developed/developing countries together given the huge heterogeneity of course.
The support I have received the past couple of days (both in words and action) has been incredible, and I'm not even that affected by this, I can always simply leave. Taking action in underdeveloped societies is much more costly, and when you don't practice you don't learn and you can't even defend yourself anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

That's awful. I'm really sorry to hear it. Condolences.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't quote this "bozo", I have him on ignore so I don't have to read his puerile nonsense. :p
lol sure :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It's literally not a muslim ban, being melodramatic and throwing buzzwords around doesn't make you right. The words "muslim, islam or islamic" appear 0 times in the executive order. You do realise that people from certain countries have been singled out for years? It's nothing new and it's not to make people happy, but because of national security. Contrary to what you may believe in your fantasy land, there are people who do exist who wish to come into countries like the US and do harm.

What kind of stupid argument is "haven't contributed to terrorism in the US"? So the US needs to wait for a terrorist attack by perpetrators of certain countries before they can be banned, even though they've committed acts of terrorism in Europe and other countries? I'm glad the people in charge aren't this dumb.

Why do I have to be 100% against Obama or 100% for him? Why is there nowhere in between? Don't be so simple minded. I just think it's funny people are so outraged because of a temporary ban, but haven't been anywhere near this outraged for the past 15 years of bombing innocent civilians from the same countries. It must finally be trendy to pretend to be super moral now. Of course it's not racist when Israelis are banned from 16 muslim countries right? ::lol3::

If Trump hates muslims so much, why is he trying to set up safe zones for them in Syria?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)