News that makes you say WTF! (23 Viewers)

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
http://newsone.com/nation/crime/ruthlogan/joshua-smith-brutally-shoots-mom-as-she-lay-sleeping/

14-Year-Old Brutally Shoots Mom As She Sleeps?

Written by Ruth Manuel-Logan on February 28, 2012 11:08 am

On Monday morning, Joshua Smith, 14 (pictured at an earlier age), allegedly shot his mother, Tamiko Robinson, 36 (pictured below), to death, because she would not allow him to hang out with an older crowd of boys, reports The Detroit News.

Reportedly, the teen wanted to join a gang, and Robinson, who was battling the autoimmune disease lupus and receiving kidney dialysis, refused to give her son to the streets.

After Smith, who stands about 6’2,” allegedly ran away from home in a fit of anger, Robinson reportedly found her son and brought him back home, an act of love that tragically ended her life.

According to police, the enraged youth broke into his stepfather Chiko Lewis' room shortly after midnight and got his hands on a 12-gauge shotgun. The high school student then began shooting throughout the house. While Robinson’s fiancé Lewis and her 5-year-old daughter were able to escape the shots by breaking a window frame and jumping out, Robinson wasn’t so lucky.

LaShawn Roberts, the victim’s brother, says that his sister, who was asleep on the couch, was shot at least a dozen times at close range. He also says there was blood everywhere and that Lewis and the little girl slid on blood as they attempted to escape. Lewis told the Detroit News, “He brutally murdered her. It was overkill.”

---

Almost 190 cm at 14? Should have joined the NBA.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
http://newsone.com/nation/crime/ruthlogan/joshua-smith-brutally-shoots-mom-as-she-lay-sleeping/

14-Year-Old Brutally Shoots Mom As She Sleeps?

Written by Ruth Manuel-Logan on February 28, 2012 11:08 am

On Monday morning, Joshua Smith, 14 (pictured at an earlier age), allegedly shot his mother, Tamiko Robinson, 36 (pictured below), to death, because she would not allow him to hang out with an older crowd of boys, reports The Detroit News.

Reportedly, the teen wanted to join a gang, and Robinson, who was battling the autoimmune disease lupus and receiving kidney dialysis, refused to give her son to the streets.

After Smith, who stands about 6’2,” allegedly ran away from home in a fit of anger, Robinson reportedly found her son and brought him back home, an act of love that tragically ended her life.

According to police, the enraged youth broke into his stepfather Chiko Lewis‘ room shortly after midnight and got his hands on a 12-gauge shotgun. The high school student then began shooting throughout the house. While Robinson’s fiancé Lewis and her 5-year-old daughter were able to escape the shots by breaking a window frame and jumping out, Robinson wasn’t so lucky.

LaShawn Roberts, the victim’s brother, says that his sister, who was asleep on the couch, was shot at least a dozen times at close range. He also says there was blood everywhere and that Lewis and the little girl slid on blood as they attempted to escape. Lewis told the Detroit News, “He brutally murdered her. It was overkill.”

---

Almost 190 cm at 14? Should have joined the NBA.
The crime scene would have been a fucking mess, probably nothing left of the poor woman...

---

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Girl eats 4,000 washing-up sponges

Kerry's weird craving

A DENTAL nurse told yesterday how she has EATEN 4,000 washing-up sponges due to a rare disorder.

Kerry Trebilcock, 21, has also munched more than 100 bars of SOAP.

She suffers from pica, which causes victims to crave objects that are not food.

Kerry, of Mylor, Cornwall, said: "One day I will beat this and be able to have a shower or do the washing-up without feeling hungry."

Sponge eater Kerry said she likes to spice up her bizarre snacks with hot sauce or mustard.

Sometimes, she dips them in tea or hot chocolate like biscuits.

She also chomps on chunks of soap — but only organic fruit-flavoured varieties, with lemon and lime her favourite.

Kerry said: "I have been very particular about the type of sponges and soaps I'd eat and how I'd prepare them.

"If I went out for the day I'd carry a small plastic bag of cut-up pieces of sponge with some tomato and BBQ sauce in Tupperware. I was never without a 'snack'."

Other pica sufferers eat metal, coal, sand, chalk — or even lightbulbs and furniture.

Petite Kerry, who weighs just 8st, has endured shocking stomach cramps, constipation and diarrhoea.

And although she has cut down on her sponge munching, she has been unable to totally shake the condition.

At one point Kerry was eating five a day topped with hot relish, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, jam or honey.

She said: "The sauces and dipping the sponges in drinks softened them — and I'd chew them until the flavour was gone. Then I would swallow the sponge."

Sponges are commonly made from cellulose wood fibres or foamed plastic polymers.

Organic soap contains olive or palm oil, glycerin and plant scents, plus oatmeal to lift off dead skin.

Kerry's eating habits changed after a holiday to Morocco in 2008, during which she picked up an infection of hookworm, a parasite that lives in the small intestine.

At first, she began craving junk food. But then something strange happened.

She said: "After one dinner where I ate a double helping of lasagne and a tub of ice cream, I still felt hungry.

"To distract myself, I decided to wash the dishes. I took out a new sponge from a packet and had an overwhelming desire to eat it.

"I sat down with a glass of water and chewed the sponge until it was gone.

"It tasted of nothing but I found eating it enjoyable.

"Finally my hunger was gone and my stomach felt satisfied."

Afterwards, though, she felt embarrassed and scared — and cried herself to sleep.

But the next morning, as she washed herself with lemon and lime soap, she had an urge to eat some and swallowed a chunk.

She said: "I knew something was very wrong with me but I didn't want to tell anyone as I felt like a freak. But after a week I'd eaten nine sponges and over a pound of organic soap."

Her hookworm infection was diagnosed by her GP but she kept quiet about her cravings in case he thought she was mad.

She said: "I would go to the supermarket and buy over 40 sponges and different types of organic soap.

"It made me hungry just smelling all the different soap products in the cleaning aisle. The cashiers joked that I must love cleaning!"

Kerry, who also eats normal food, finally confided to a friend in 2009.

And after seeing the doctor again, she was told she had pica and could seriously damage her digestive system.

A programme of counselling and vitamins has set her on the road to recovery. And she is determined to succeed. But it is a slow and arduous process.

Kerry said: "I still have a one-inch square of sponge and three teaspoons of organic soap with each meal.

"But I am making progress and speak to other sufferers of pica on internet forums, which helps.

"There are some out there far worse than me who eat car tyres, spoons and even sofas."

Kerry is trying to curb her pangs with Floral Gum sweets.

She said: "They taste like soap so they help me get the flavour I desire without doing any damage. I know one day I will beat this."

Kerry's student sister Jody, 20, told how the family initially found her sponge munching hard to understand.

She said: "Watching her eat a sponge or soap was extremely weird. But Kerry has educated us all about pica.

"I'm so proud she has worked hard to fight this condition and is recovering through counselling.

"She is really brave to talk about it so openly."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4161108/Girl-eats-4000-brwashing-up-sponges.html

---

Disgusting.

Aug 1, 2003
Girl eats 4,000 washing-up sponges

Kerry's weird craving

A DENTAL nurse told yesterday how she has EATEN 4,000 washing-up sponges due to a rare disorder.

Kerry Trebilcock, 21, has also munched more than 100 bars of SOAP.

She suffers from pica, which causes victims to crave objects that are not food.

Kerry, of Mylor, Cornwall, said: "One day I will beat this and be able to have a shower or do the washing-up without feeling hungry."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4161108/Girl-eats-4000-brwashing-up-sponges.html

---

Disgusting.
:lol:

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Damn, Iraqis killing people over wearing tight jeans and what not now? I'm not a fan of that style but wow...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rep...rgeted-stoned-to-death-by-religious-radicals/

Reports: At Least 90 'Emo’ Iraqi Youth Targeted, Stoned to Death by Religious Radicals

Posted on March 10, 2012 at 12:20pm by Madeleine Morgenstern Madeleine Morgenstern

Reports have emerged that so-called “emo” teenagers are being methodically targeted and killed by religious radicals in Baghdad.

According to Al-Akhbar English, activists say at least 90 “emo” teenagers have been stoned to death in the last month following a statement from an Iraqi interior ministry that referred to the lifestyle as “devil worshiping.”

The “emo” trend — an abbreviation of the word “emotional” — originated in the U.S. as a style of punk rock music, and subsequently developed into its own alternative subculture, including with specific clothing styles and behavior, primarily among young people. “Emo” youth generally have distinctive haircuts, piercings and other accessories.

“The 'Emo phenomenon’ or devil worshiping is being followed by the Moral Police who have the approval to eliminate [the phenomenon] as soon as possible since it’s detrimentally affecting the society and becoming a danger,” a statement posted on the interior ministry’s website said, according to Al-Akhbar English.

It continued: “They wear strange, tight clothes that have pictures on them such as skulls and use stationary that are shaped as skulls. They also wear rings on their noses and tongues, and do other strange activities.”

Religious extremists reportedly heeded the statements and began targeting and harassing teenagers with “emo” appearances.

Al-Akhbar English:

A group of armed men dressed in civilian clothing led dozens of teenagers to secluded areas a few days ago, stoned them to death, and then disposed their bodies in garbage dumpsters across the capital, according to activists.

The armed men are said to belong to “one of the most extremist religious groups” in Iraq.

“First they throw concrete blocks at the boy’s arms, then at his legs, then the final blow is to his head, and if he is not dead then, they start all over again,” one person who managed to escape told Al-Akhbar.

Iraq’s moral police was granted approval by the Ministry of Education to enter Baghdad schools and pinpoint students with such appearances, according to the interior ministry’s statement.

Al-Arabiya English reported lists have turned up with the names of dozens of teenagers who have been warned that if they don’t drop the “emo” culture they will be murdered.

The publication reported it’s hardly the first time people in Iraq have been singled out for living different lifestyles, with gays having been brutally murdered before.

A man, Abu Sajat, told Sumaria News that gays were warned before they were killed then, too.

“There is no doubt that there are serious groups that are intending to kill the “emos.’” he said, according to Al-Arabiya.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
We like to eat walls, ice, cream
After sponge-eating girl, more women with bizarre food cravings

TV ENGINEER Devi, 27, eats plaster off the walls of her home in Birmingham. At first, husband Amo, 32, a sales manager, blamed it on rats. Devi says:

When I was a little girl my grandmother owned a shop. If I was naughty I was forced to stand against the wall in the corner. The walls were not painted and the plaster was exposed and would easily fall off if touched.

One of my first memories is putting some of this plaster in my mouth. I enjoyed it. From then on I used to stand and eat the plaster off the wall.

I liked the smell and I loved the taste. To me, it was like chocolate. I knew it was wrong but I couldn't help myself. The plaster also fizzes on your tongue. It was quite exciting!

When I was about 12 my family painted over the walls and I tried not to think about it again. Then three years ago I fell pregnant with my first child. One afternoon I noticed a piece of exposed plaster behind the bed, where the wallpaper had come away, and all the urges I felt when I was younger came rushing back.

I leant behind the bed and started eating the plaster. It tasted good, just like it did when I was younger.

I did this every day for a few weeks. My husband noticed that there were bits of plaster on the carpet and was convinced we had rats.

I was too embarrassed to say anything, so I went along with it.

I didn't know how to tell him that I like to eat the wall. Then one morning a few weeks later, he came home early from work.

He walked into the bedroom and caught me eating the wall! He was stunned — why was his wife eating the wall?
I had to come clean and tell him about what I was like as a child and that my pregnancy had brought back these urges.

After a while, he understood but he still thought I was a bit weird.

He filled in the hole in the wall and painted over it. He spent the rest of my pregnancy watching me to make sure I didn't start eating any more of our walls.

After my son Gaurad was born the craving died down a bit but it is still there. My husband still watches me like a hawk and if any paint or wallpaper comes off the wall, he fills it in immediately. He wants me to tell my story so it shames me into never eating a wall again.

I have spoken to my mum and grandmother and they said they have the same urges and have eaten wall before.

We are a normal family, I really don't know where this desire comes from.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/4179827/We-like-to-eat-walls-ice-cream.html

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Has become? When was it safe then? :D
I knew someone would say this. Saddam was a horrible dictator, he was as much a dictator as Gedaffi and Bashar el Assad. But this is a case of bad and worse, Iraq's current situation is so much worse than it was under Saddam. Under Saddam you didn't have explosions in Sunni and Shiite mosques almost everyday, you didn't have al Qaeda and all those radical groups running around Iraq freely. There is no doubt that Iraq was safer under Saddam, even though it was a terrible dictatorship.

I'd have preferred if the Iraqi people rose up against Saddam, instead of foreign invasion based on economic and geopolitical interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)