News that makes you say WTF! (19 Viewers)

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #401
    He filled in the hole in the wall and painted over it. He spent the rest of my pregnancy watching me to make sure I didn't start eating any more of our walls.

After my son Gaurad was born the craving died down a bit but it is still there. My husband still watches me like a hawk and if any paint or wallpaper comes off the wall, he fills it in immediately. He wants me to tell my story so it shames me into never eating a wall again.

I have spoken to my mum and grandmother and they said they have the same urges and have eaten wall before.

We are a normal family, I really don't know where this desire comes from.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/4179827/We-like-to-eat-walls-ice-cream.html
    What a cunt.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Apr 15, 2006
    Man's genitals chopped off in Bihar

PATNA: A man's genitals were chopped off by a woman and two of her family members for asking them to return his money, police in Bihar said Sunday adding the victim is now battling for life at a hospital.

According to police, the victim, Ram Biriksh Prasad, 35, is a resident of Ushwaha Tola of Kemai village in Nawada district, about 140 km from here.

The man's private parts were chopped off in his village by a woman named Pratima Devi along with two of her family members, said police official P.C. Yadav.

Prasad told police he gave a credit of Rs.7, 000 to Pratima Devi nearly eight months ago.

"After my repeated demands for four months to return yhe money, Pratima Devi Friday night invited me to her residence. After I reached, she along with her two family members chopped off my private parts with a sharp knife," said Prasad.

"Prasad told police he was punished for demanding his money back," an official said.

Prasad was admitted in the Sadar hospital after being found in pool of blood.

Police have lodged a case against Pratima Devi and her two relatives, including her father-in-law Budhan Mahto.

Two days ago, a shocking case came to light of a 20-year-old's hands being chopped off after he failed to repay a loan in Arwal district.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...mily-members-arwal-village-in-nawada-district

---------------

Fuck that shit! :shifty:

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
    Baby Dies of Herpes in Ritual Circumcision

NEW YORK -- New York City is investigating the death last September of a baby who contracted herpes after a "ritual circumcision with oral suction," in an ultra-Orthodox Jewish ceremony known in Hebrew as metzitzah b'peh.

In a practice that takes place during a ceremony known as the bris, a circumcision practitioner, or mohel, removes the foreskin from the baby's penis, and with his mouth sucks the blood from the incision to cleanse the wound.

The district attorney's office in Kings County Brooklyn is investigating the death of the 2-week-old baby at Maimonides Hospital, but would not disclose the name of the mohel or whether there would be a prosecution.

"We are looking into it, that's all I can say," a D.A. source told ABCNews.com.

The 5,000-year-old religious practice is seen primarily in ultra-Orthodox and some orthodox communities and has caused an alarm among city health officials. In 2003 and 2004, three babies, including a set of twins, were infected with Type 1 herpes; the cases were linked to circumcision, and one boy died.

The mohel who performed the procedures, Yitzchok Fischer, was later banned from doing circumcisions, according to The New York Times. It is not known if he was involved in this recent death.

"It's certainly not something any of us recommend in the modern infection-control era," said Dr. William Schaffner, chair of preventive medicine at Vanderbilt University.

"This is a ritual of historic Abraham that's come down through the ages, and now it has met modern science," he said. "It was never a good idea, and there is a better way to do this." (The modern Jewish community uses a sterile aspiration device to clean the wound in a circumcision.)

In the 2004 death and the more recent one, a mohel infected the penile wounds with Type 1 herpes I (HSV-1), which affects the mouth and throat. It is different from Type 2 or genital herpes (HSV-2), which is a sexually transmitted disease and can cause deadly infections when a newborn passes through an infected birth canal.

Neonatal herpes is "almost always" a fatal infection, according to Schaffner. "It's a bad virus. [Infants] have no immunity and so it's a very serious illness. Now we have another death -- an unnecessary, incredibly tragic death."

Infections are rare, according to a 2009 study in the New England Journal of Medicine, affecting only one infant in 3,200 births. ('RARE?!' WTF?!) But it is a serious infection, with a fatality rate of about 64 percent even with antiviral treatment. And fewer than 20 percent of those who survive develop normally.

Schaffner was a medical consultant in the 2004 death of the twin, when city and state officials butted heads with religious leaders who defended their freedom to continue the traditional practice.

"Unfortunately, adults can carry the herpes virus without any symptoms," he said. "Applying the mouth to an open wound can transmit the virus, which can disseminate throughout the body of the infant."

Type 1 herpes is common, and 90 percent of all Americans have experienced infection by the age of 50, the vast majority without symptoms, according to Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/30658126/detail.html

---

So much wrong in one news item.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    ... Ummm...

---

And this:Type 1 herpes is common, and 90 percent of all Americans have experienced infection by the age of 50, the vast majority without symptoms, according to Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases.

:shifty: Fo real?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    they suck the blood out of the baby penis? wtf wtf wtf did i just read wtf i didnt even know they do that ahhhhhhh wtf why did i read that

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    In a practice that takes place during a ceremony known as the bris, a circumcision practitioner, or mohel, removes the foreskin from the baby's penis, and with his mouth sucks the blood from the incision to cleanse the wound.
    I'd expect anyone who does this to be charged with sexual assault.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    As would i that is so fucked up no matter what way you look at it, i don't see under any circumstances how this sort of thing can be acceptale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)