Newcastle vs Juventus (3 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I think Salas isnt good enough to clean off DP's boots after a game- damn right he should not be on the roster !!!

Newcastle will be tough at home, playing for pride.

Juventus 3 Newcastle 1

btw- here in the U.S. , we wont even have a CL game to watch on Wednesday

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I think Salas isnt good enough to clean off DP's boots after a game- damn right he should not be on the roster !!!

Newcastle will be tough at home, playing for pride.

Juventus 3 Newcastle 1

btw- here in the U.S. , we wont even have a CL game to watch on Wednesday
Come on... Give Salas another chance. It must be a hard time for him now..
Come on SALAS. You can make it

juvefan

Jul 13, 2002
1 Gianluigi BUFFON
2 Ciro FERRARA
3 Alessio TACCHINARDI
6 Salvatore FRESI
8 Antonio CONTE
10 Alessandro DEL PIERO
11 Pavel NEDVED
12 Antonio CHIMENTI
13 Mark IULIANO
14 Cristian ZENONI
15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
16 Mauro CAMORANESI
18 Marco DI VAIO
19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA
20 Davide BAIOCCO
21 Lilian THURAM
22 Antonio Mirante
23 Ruben OLIVERA
24 Emiliano MORETTI
25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
26 Edgar DAVIDS

Why no Salas?

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
we should win this one because we will play hard match againest dinamo kieiv in kieiv and that is not easy to win so we can't rest del piero that he really need rest so what about di vaio - salas in udinese and dinamo kiev so we can rest del piero

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
DP is a champion he doesn't need rest! All the money he earns in a week, im sure if you ask Ale now to sit out one match cause he deserves it after his excursions in the last week he'll say no!Superstar or no superstar you should still be treated equal. Its down to Ale and the coach if he should miss out a game. I doubt he will though, maybe be subbed off! Peace!

7.00pm Wednesday ITV News Channel on Sky Live Juve match. BO:D

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
we should play trident attack with di vaio, zalayeta and salas.
del piero should sit on the bench.

the reason is that i have confident in di vaio, zalayeta and salas even that he not play good but he is a great player and we should help him get over with the bad time and start with the good form. Com'on we got to help him!!!

del piero played too many matches and it's very hard to play saturday/sunday AND tuesday/ wednesday, it means two games in one week, and thats continue since the start of the season. del piero is the best but if he continue to play too many matches he will be so tired and exhausted that he will lose his form and we will suffer from this!! captian, star, leader.... all don't matter because he is... human!!
besides, thats the reason we have many good strikers- to help him and trezeguet.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
You have a point there, Oded .. I mean if we returned to statistics Del Piero will be the one who played the most, starting from the summer friendlies .. I can't remember him being substituted in any Juve game (which means he plays the whole 90 minutes), besides - with Buffon - he is the only Juve player to play the 2 Italy games in the Euro2004 Qual ..

I also agree in that we should trust Salas, he messed up in one important match against Inter .. but that doesn't mean that he's not good enough anymore .. Forza El Matador :strong::) !!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Forza El matador!! i think he is just in bad time and thats all and we souldn't make his time even harder, we should support him!!!

buffon is a keeper so he's not getting tired like del piero whose don't just played all the matches but give 100% in every game.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Fatigue is a dangerous factor! Especially when you have to play teams that counter a lot... Luckily Newcastle isn't one of those teams. Since it's an away match I think we should take it easy and grab a point!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Ask any player in the world and he will tell you he wants to be a part of big matches, anyone who is tired after playing for his country, against Inter and in Cl, should look for another job imo

Dp is playing well and scoring so the last thing on his mind right now is resting, he is not mentally tired so he should play

We have not qualified yet and can quite easily go out and to play Salas, Zala and Di Vaio against Newcastle at St. James's park is looking for huge trouble

The time to rest players is when you are playing lowly teams in the league, after you have qualified for next round of Cl or coppa Italia and I am sure Dp has one eye on world player of the year award so resting is the furthest from his mind as he is in good nick

But he should be ready for a hot reception at St. James' as they felt he dived and was offside for the first goal

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
Damn ITV, they're showing it on ITN news but only for cable customers, those of us with Sky Digital get jack sh*t!:fero:
i just heard its available for both cable AND satellite customers

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
I think Salas is a great player. I dont expect him to score goals simply because he's not prima punta. He's Ale's sub. He's played a great pre-season last year, and this year as well. Especially considering the fact that he hasnt played for more than a year now. He needs time and the right opportunities.

Its easy for someone like a mid or a defender to prove himself, but its harder for a forward, because chances are relatively few and far between, especially for second forwards....

And Dp's A a great piece, some errors but great othewise

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Once again, I totally agree with Denco.

Has anyone actually watched Salas play this season ??Unfortunately for me, each game I was able to watch, "El Chumpador" played in. I watch how he plays, and I'm not the least bit impressed. At least with Zalayeta, you know that he is always giving 100%, and he is always part of the attack. When Salas plays, you start to lose track of where he is , and even sometimes wonder if he is even on the damn field !!!!

Like I said before, he's past his prime, get rid of him !!!!!

He is becoming the Paramatti of this season !!!!!!!!!!!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
looking at the previous match against newcastle,lippi should now know what robson's game plan is:pass the ball to dyer.
so watch out for the speed demon,we need someone who can keep up with him(which we don't have).

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
We'll let Dyer do the running but we'll make sure it's in the opposite direction :D

Nice sig Paranoia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)