New York Red Bulls v Juventus (friendly) (28 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
any good pubs on the Manhattan side?? we could hit one up then fuck around in NYC for the day whatcha think?
Not sure about Manhattan but I know a few in BK and Queens. But it would be quite the trek
Yeah, there are a few. The main footie pub is Nevada Smith's on the lower east side. Huge place, but it will be packed anyway on Saturday.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
We're rolling into Manhattan on Saturday morning. Watching the CL game at a to be determined location then we'll take the train to into Jwersy.

Maybe we can all meet up in the evening?

OP
reggaeboy

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
  • Thread Starter #537
    I have compiled a list of most of the 5-star hotels in Manhattan and Northeast Jersey.

In my view, I have a feeling they are either staying at the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan, one of the W's in Manhattan, The Plaza in Manhattan, The Four Seasons, the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City, or our W in Hoboken. So I'd say we have a 20% chance or so they will stay at our hotel.

Have a few other hotels compiled but they don't seem as likely.

Anybody know the exact date they arrive in the states?

I'm staying at one of the W's so if the team is gonna be bunking there too that wud be fucking sweet

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I need to map out my PATH route from Newark airport to The W. Does anyone know how long it takes from the airport? Also, what time does the final start on Sat?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We're rolling into Manhattan on Saturday morning. Watching the CL game at a to be determined location then we'll take the train to into Jwersy.

Maybe we can all meet up in the evening?
    Maybe so. Probably in Hoboken.

I'm staying at one of the W's so if the team is gonna be bunking there too that wud be fucking sweet
    Yes it would...

I need to map out my PATH route from Newark airport to The W. Does anyone know how long it takes from the airport? Also, what time does the final start on Sat?
    The Champions League match kicks off at 2:45pm Eastern.

Looks like you'll need to get on a train from Newark Airport to Penn Station in downtown Newark. Then you need to switch over to the PATH train at Penn Station and ride that through Harrison and all the way to Hoboken.

Looking at some explanation, it says the trip to Manhattan via that way takes 90 minutes. So you're looking at over an hour to get to Hoboken.

PATH / NJ Transit / Airtrain to Newark Airport – Cheapest Method
    The least expensive way to reach Newark Airport is via the PATH subway/NJ Transit/Airtrain method. It’s a tricky route, but if cost is a factor, it can be done in about 90 minutes. From the 33 St./6 Ave. PATH station, you ride a PATH train to Journal Square, change there (across the platform) to a Newark train. From Newark Penn Station, take a NJ Transit train to the Newark Airport Train Station, and finally, transfer to a Newark Airport Airtrain to your terminal. Total cost of this method is $9.

PATH trains run every 15 minutes during the day on weekdays, every 30 minutes at night. On weekends, PATH trains run every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day. While PATH and the Newark Airport Airtrain run 24 hours a day, NJ Transit has no service to Newark Airport between 2 and 5AM. Remember that the NJ Transit ticket you purchase in Newark also covers your Airtrain fare, so hold on to it when you leave the NJ Transit train. Only NJ Transit trains showing “EWR” on the departure board will stop at Newark Airport.

http://www.nysubway.com/airport/newark.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)