New York Red Bulls v Juventus (friendly) (16 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I honestly don't know what we are doing the first night, other than watching the CL match.

I think Burke and Andy have things planned. I'm sure we can figure something out.

Apr 12, 2004
Do you guys have any banners planned? :D
Yea:

"Del Piero: Most overrated fucktard ever"
Any of you guys driving up there? If so can you guys give us a ride back to our hotel by the end of the night on Saturday? :D
Where are you going to be saturday?
It's still up in the air; either the Hyatt or the Sheraton by Newark Airport.
Two words will get you anywhere you need to go:

PATH train.

Look at the stops in relation to the hotels you are thinking about. We are probably going to park at our hotel and take the train everywhere as there is a stop right outside our hotel and a stop at the stadium. All the bars in Hoboken are within walking distance from the W.
I honestly don't know what we are doing the first night, other than watching the CL match.

I think Burke and Andy have things planned. I'm sure we can figure something out.
That, going to the bar and chilling with some girls I know up there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Was checkin out this site called openbook, anyways i ran a search for juventus and landed on this dudes page.. he is trying to sell some front row tickets and also claims that juve will be practicing at montclair university

thats all for now ... now back to andy for the weather report
Damnit, that's way out of the way. The PATH train doesn't head there, nor any metro service obviously. It's almost as far out as fucking Parsippany, and I don't feel like driving out towards that clusterflock again.

The weather? Possible showers moving in associated in a weak low over the Mid-West. Hopefully it will bugger off.

Now back to Dru on his editorial on how much he loves to suck cocks.

Any of you guys driving up there? If so can you guys give us a ride back to our hotel by the end of the night on Saturday? :D
We booked a hotel by the PATH train specifically so we wouldn't have to drive. And trust me, you wouldn't want us driving you around during a weekend like this.

Burke trying to get up to 135 is much different in West Virginia than it is on the Garden State Parkway...

It's still up in the air; either the Hyatt or the Sheraton by Newark Airport.
You probably could get a cab for $12 one way. The stadium is about 4 miles from the airport.

Instead of staying there by the airport, check out the Doubletree or Holland Motor Inn in Jersey City. They are under $150 and near the trains.

We will probably watch the CL final at a pub called Mulligans in Hoboken, which is all about the real football.

http://www.mulligansonfirst.com/

I'd like to check out Nevada Smith's in Manhattan, the premier footie pub on the East Coast, but that's all the way on the lower east side. We'd have to take the PATH and two different subway lines to get there, all about two hours before the match begins, which won't be possible since we are heading up Saturday morning.

Mulligans looks good enough, just five blocks from the W in Hoboken.

After that we will probably just head out to other bars in Hoboken, unless Mikey's girl drags him elsewhere.

Then it is off to the match on Sunday. There are bars in Harrison by the stadium where we can pregame, and one Red Bull fan I know from school may take us to a couple. Probably around 11am. After the match we will probably head to the bus port to try to get some autographs like we did with Chelsea. Then after that we'll probably head back to Hoboken for more shenanigans.

Aziz said he can get late checkouts, and we will probably need one. :pint:

That, going to the bar and chilling with some girls I know up there.
Whatever we do, lets not try to drive to Manhattan at 6:30am wasted again...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have compiled a list of most of the 5-star hotels in Manhattan and Northeast Jersey.

In my view, I have a feeling they are either staying at the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan, one of the W's in Manhattan, The Plaza in Manhattan, The Four Seasons, the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City, or our W in Hoboken. So I'd say we have a 20% chance or so they will stay at our hotel.

Have a few other hotels compiled but they don't seem as likely.

Anybody know the exact date they arrive in the states?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)