NEW USERS:announce yourselves and get your balls cupped here (6 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hello Juventini i'm Davide and i'm a big juve fan i want to become a Part of this nice Site ;)
Hello Davide.
You won't understand me now, but the mere fact that I'm replying to you will be the reason why you'll be called Alen from now on.

Tell us how did you become a Juve fan, how old are you, who is your favorite player etc. Also, we appreciate when new members post a photo of themselves, so we'd know who are we dealing with.
Welcome. We look forward to your posts.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Hello Juventini i'm Davide and i'm a big juve fan i want to become a Part of this nice Site ;)
Hi Davide. Don't, just don't. Evil lurks here. It will get you and then you'll be a lost soul forever.

LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Davide.
You won't understand me now, but the mere fact that I'm replying to you will be the reason why you'll be called Alen from now on.

Tell us how did you become a Juve fan, how old are you, who is your favorite player etc. Also, we appreciate when new members post a photo of themselves, so we'd know who are we dealing with.
Welcome. We look forward to your posts.
Oh, evil already got to you.

Robert E

Jan 22, 2015
Hello. Respect to Juventus! I'm more a fan of the very old days, specifically when Il Gigante Buono joined you in 1957 from my team. John Charles, what a fantastic man:thumbs::wink::smile:

I'm writing a novel about his first season with Juventus and I was lucky enough to visit Turin last year, as part of the research for the book. We really like the place and the people, and I hope to make new like-minded friends on here!

- - - Updated - - -

And the stadium tour and Museum were superb.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Hello. Respect to Juventus! I'm more a fan of the very old days, specifically when Il Gigante Buono joined you in 1957 from my team. John Charles, what a fantastic man:thumbs::wink::smile:

I'm writing a novel about his first season with Juventus and I was lucky enough to visit Turin last year, as part of the research for the book. We really like the place and the people, and I hope to make new like-minded friends on here!

- - - Updated - - -

And the stadium tour and Museum were superb.
Hi Robert. Awesome :tup:

Advice: Stay away from @Völler

Robert E

Jan 22, 2015
Thanks Maddy and Dule 90, much appreciated. I'm a gentle giant (well, not really, I'm 6 foot tall :) ) but I'm only interested in good vibes and healthy discussion.

I didn't mention, I travelled across to Bergamo to meet Umberto Colombo. What a wonderful fellow!

Robert E

Jan 22, 2015
I know it's a slim chance but what the heck - are there any Juventuz members who were around in 1957 and remember watching Juventus with Charles, Sivori, Colombo and of course Boniperti? A difficulty with writing a book about those years is that I wasn't there, and there isn't much football TV coverage from that era (though YouTube has been helpful anyway). The book involves Turin the city too.

I've spent a small fortune buying old copies of Guerin Sportivo from 57/58, as well as the match report publications like Calcio/Cyclismo and Campione etc. Brilliant reads actually, very helpful, as is the online resource of La Stampa. But it's been very difficult to get a good grasp of what life in general was like for John & Peggy Charles when first moving to Turin (31 via Susa).

an early story in the book is when John C visits Superga, with Colombo and Gigi Peronace. I visited it myself last year, but would be delighted to find old photos or writings about the furnicular, the drive up the hill and the scenery around the memorial site etc.

i'm really keen to learn more about the press bias against Juventus too - Guerin Sportivo was disgraceful in their prejudice against the club, apparently. They used to invent gossip about John Charles having an affair with actresses, things like that. I know Mr Colombo is STILL very bitter about such things :( . I haven't managed to trace any of these damning articles of Guerin Sportivo so far though.

Thanks for reading, even if you can't help! :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I know it's a slim chance but what the heck - are there any Juventuz members who were around in 1957 and remember watching Juventus with Charles, Sivori, Colombo and of course Boniperti? A difficulty with writing a book about those years is that I wasn't there, and there isn't much football TV coverage from that era (though YouTube has been helpful anyway). The book involves Turin the city too.

I've spent a small fortune buying old copies of Guerin Sportivo from 57/58, as well as the match report publications like Calcio/Cyclismo and Campione etc. Brilliant reads actually, very helpful, as is the online resource of La Stampa. But it's been very difficult to get a good grasp of what life in general was like for John & Peggy Charles when first moving to Turin (31 via Susa).

an early story in the book is when John C visits Superga, with Colombo and Gigi Peronace. I visited it myself last year, but would be delighted to find old photos or writings about the furnicular, the drive up the hill and the scenery around the memorial site etc.

i'm really keen to learn more about the press bias against Juventus too - Guerin Sportivo was disgraceful in their prejudice against the club, apparently. They used to invent gossip about John Charles having an affair with actresses, things like that. I know Mr Colombo is STILL very bitter about such things :( . I haven't managed to trace any of these damning articles of Guerin Sportivo so far though.

If watching VHS tapes counts, I think I know a guy.

@Zacheryah

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

i think the only one who we "know" could be @Tanu_Mzs father

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014

hi there, my dad is 75 and watched his first Juve game in Bari back in 1949, he does talk about Charles, Sivori and Boniperti but I am afraid he has no magazines from that era and even I started reading GS around 1980. If you want I can ask him what he remembers from these days but I am not sure how accurate he can be and what exactly are you looking for in terms of information etc.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance
Tanu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)