NEW USERS:announce yourselves and get your balls cupped here (15 Viewers)

Robert E

Jan 22, 2015
hi there, my dad is 75 and watched his first Juve game in Bari back in 1949, he does talk about Charles, Sivori and Boniperti but I am afraid he has no magazines from that era and even I started reading GS around 1980. If you want I can ask him what he remembers from these days but I am not sure how accurate he can be and what exactly are you looking for in terms of information etc.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance
Tanu
Thanks very much, Tanu, that is brilliant of you to offer. I'll pm you but the gist is - anything your dad remembers about John's first season at Juventus (he arrived May 1957 but didn't play until the new season. Anything your dad remembers would be a big help - for instance, when John arrived via Rome to Turin Airport, what the reception was like there and the following day when he was 'unveiled' as a new signing at the club's Combi training ground. And any small detail about specific matches, the Comunale stadium, the crowds, conditions, did he ever meet John or see him around the town? etc etc. Many thanks! :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
Hi guys, long time reader and first time poster here. I am an indonesian juventus fan, have loved juve since as long as i can remember. nice to meet you all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)