Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
At Milan, Allegri’s favourite midfielders were Gattuso, Van Bommel, De Jong, Poli, Montolivo. He usually played with three defensive midfielders on the same team.

If there’s one thing Sarri is undeniably better at than Allegri, it’s picking and playing the right midfielders.
At Milan, in his 1st season Pirlo played 34 games in the league. In the 2nd season, which is the one people blame Allegri for, Pirlo played 25 games in all competitions, starting and playing 90 minutes in all their CL games he was available for. He missed 22 games because of injury (Milan played 50 games that season). So cut the nonsense about Allegri prefering others. He left because they wouldnt offer him a multi year deal because of club policy.

The last part is a personal opinion, a bogus one at that

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thats really not a coincidence, Inzaghi, Brocchi, Seedorf are like 10yo's compared to most decent coaches and Max is comfortably better than Miha, Montella and Gattuso.

Unlike Max, Sarri never failed to win a competition with the better squad, never coached the best team in Italy or England. People using the trophy argument against him or saying Max beat him so Sarri is a big downgrade is getting old. Until the old smoker is given the keys to the palace, no one knows what hes capable of
10-11 Milan is the most overrated team ever. We had the better GK, defense and midfield, we had the luxury of all key players being available all season and no CL to split forces. Only reason they stayed competitive so long is Ibra carrying them.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
The fact that we're still silent is weird. If we don't bring in Sarri on Monday, then Paratici ia cooking something better.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Poli played only 4 months under Allegri. That's pretty quick to elevate you to "favorite" status.
At Milan, Allegri liked to play with a three man midfield. His favourite midfield early on was Gattuso, Van Bommel and Montolivo.

As time went on his favourite midfielders became De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari and sometimes Poli.

All brawn, no technical ability.

We have seen something similar here at Juventus. Allegri is in love with players like Khedira, Matuidi and Can.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If there’s one thing Sarri is undeniably better at than Allegri, it’s picking and playing the right midfielders.
what an absurd statement. The difference in choice is a difference in tactical preference. Its not as if Allegri is trying to play Sarri ball and picking Van Bommel.

To have a preference for Sarri's style is fine but to claim he is "undeniably better than Allegri" at picking midfielders is top tier Nedved96

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Wait so Guardiola has a no CL release clause? lol I doubt there is any truth to that...
Yup, this release clause thing looks quite implausible. All the contracts are deposited to the league office, which is overseen by UEFA. If such a clause were there, it would basically mean that MC admitted there was some ground for it, which would by itself have caused UEFA investigation, because it cannot be a regular thing every manager's contract has.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
At Milan, Allegri liked to play with a three man midfield. His favourite midfield early on was Gattuso, Van Bommel and Montolivo.

As time went on his favourite midfielders became De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari and sometimes Poli.

We have seen something similar here at Juventus. Allegri is in love with players like Khedira, Matuidi and Can.
Yeah, surely his favourite midfield was not Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal. Surely not because that doesn't fit your narrative
And Pjanic surely wasn't the only certainty in his midfield the last two years, right? Plus look at our bench options, amazing quality there. You're trolling, right?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You don't agree to any stupid clause if there's no indication of the condition being met. There's not enough paper in the world to print possible conditions on.
None of momblo's reasons are great with kid's blood work being the worst, but I suspect these contracts can be very lengthy and sometimes may include a few unusual things like this exit clause.

In this case it just happens to be convenient for Momblano.

Fun read, google for other more stupid ones in sports: https://www.90min.com/posts/1670877-20-crazy-football-contract-clauses-that-you-won-t-quite-believe

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Oh my goodness. First of all you did not respond to what I said so I'm not sure why you quoted me. Second, I remember in 2014-15 people were complaining here that Pirlo plays too much, he can't provide any defensive cover, ... 3rd, Pogba and Pjanic were also among his favorite midfielders. Pogba was thrown straight into starting lineup after coming back from injury against Madrid in 2015 CL semis, and provided an assist.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes he is. When he returned there were 6 games left. He was out for too long and they were in a tight title race. It was anything but a time to integrate him back into the team, and definitely no reason to leave a club youre viewed as a legend at. He doesent want to admit they didnt agree to his terms so hes spinning it to look like he ditched them

Strickland

May 17, 2019
10-11 Milan is the most overrated team ever. We had the better GK, defense and midfield, we had the luxury of all key players being available all season and no CL to split forces. Only reason they stayed competitive so long is Ibra carrying them.
In hindsight you can see that Milan injury stats in 10-11 were nothing extraordinary, Max is still loyal to the same fitness enthusiasts

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
what an absurd statement. The difference in choice is a difference in tactical preference. Its not as if Allegri is trying to play Sarri ball and picking Van Bommel.
Allegri liked to play with Van Bommel and Gattuso in the same midfield at Milan. At Juve, he likes to play with Matuidi and Khedira in the same midfield.

This kind of midfield selection will give you good defensive stability, but will stifle you going forward.

I personally prefer Sarri’s midfield selections.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

1. For the 1000th time, it wasnt Max who signed these guys
2. Have you ever seen Montolivo play?
3. "Early on" his favorite mid was Pirlo, because he played him all the time.

Get your facts straight 1st before commenting

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
None of momblo's reasons are great with kid's blood work being the worst, but I suspect these contracts can be very lengthy and sometimes may include a few unusual things like this exit clause.

In this case it just happens to be convenient for Momblano.

Fun read, google for other more stupid ones in sports: https://www.90min.com/posts/1670877-20-crazy-football-contract-clauses-that-you-won-t-quite-believe
Mombly is either a genius or a madman, and I'm inclined towards the latter. 15 June deadline is so convenient for him since if we announce anyone after that he'll blame UEFA.
Of course I hope I'm wrong and Mombly is indeed a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)