Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our free-kick dynamics were pretty clear anyways. Ronaldo took the ones that were a bit further from the goal, Pjanic took the shorter ones from the left and Dybala the shorter ones from the right. This kind of sharing of set-pieces is nothing new. At one point Real had Becks, Zidane, Figo and Carlos sharing them. Some just like to find drama everywhere, especially if it involves having a dig at Allegri.
Its not drama but we are clearly misusing our free kicks. The dynamic wasnt even but pretty clearly Ronaldo took almost all freekicks from good spots, and never got closed to scoring. Plus it's clear that Pjanic and Dybala need attempts to get into scoring proficiency with them, and they arent getting it. They scored 4-5 a season past couple seasons on that. Used to be a lethal weapon for us but isnt anymore because they dont get to take it enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
feels like we are stuck in the speculation stage there’s always some form of decent evidence before things really get rolling so this could drag on a few more days yet

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He's been coaching THFC since 2014 & has won nothing, even Sarri pipped him to 3rd spot this season. Max also started the same year re his tenure @ Juventus & won 11 trophies? I also hasten to add that during this period, even Ranieri pipped Poochie to the EPL title..............nothing to see here move on:euromax:
You can only argue about things that have happened in the past. You cant even look at the present and future, if you honestly think if we kept allegri looking at how we've regressed in the last 2 seasons and think that next season we would push in Europe again you're deluded. You picked your loyalties to football over friendship weeks ago so quit hassling me

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Paratici said we should wait for both finals to end before doing anything. If it was Sarri, we wouldn't care about the CL final being over. That is why I believe Poch has something to do with all of this. Now the only theory that I've heard so far is that is because Poch is going to City. I've not heard any strong rumors about Poch joining us.
Yeahh come onn.
6c12203e65be6b9cd8573b2751e8e7b3.gif

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Its not drama but we are clearly misusing our free kicks. The dynamic wasnt even but pretty clearly Ronaldo took almost all freekicks from good spots, and never got closed to scoring. Plus it's clear that Pjanic and Dybala need attempts to get into scoring proficiency with them, and they arent getting it. They scored 4-5 a season past couple seasons on that. Used to be a lethal weapon for us but isnt anymore because they dont get to take it enough.
The issue is, that Ronaldo, up until the 2016-17 season was one of the greatest free kick takers of all-time with 51 goals from them. And he holds the all-time CL record as well.

But in the past two seasons, he has two free kick goals total (one with Spain, one with Madrid), and that's just sad as shit.

Thankfully, he only attempted 16 free kicks (well, as of May 2nd, so it could have gone up one or two since then) for us this year. It's still too many, given how appalling he has been at them the last two seasons, but it's a fight, with a GOAT level player with a huge ego, that a coach has to decide if it's worth having. Neither Zidane nor Ancelotti thought it was, and nor did Allegri, though Allegri clearly created a FK platoon based on location, which allowed Dybala and Pjanic some opportunities, if not enough.

Anyways, it's an issue, but not something to blow out of proportion or bash Allegri for. This one's entirely on Ronaldo and his ego.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He is a loser for failing to over-overachieve - Isnt that CL final already an overeacheivement?!
The world is full with ignorant people who see one coach doing miracle after miracle but after lots of miracles he fails and then he is the biggest loser, a disgrace for coaches...

This thing is ridiculous but in any case regarding yesterday`s game - I dont think he got the tactics wrong - He just had a bad luck as Tottenham were at least on par with Liverpool
Agreed there was little wrong with poch's tactics yesterday, spurs actually did well to react to what I thought was a harsh penalty given that the ball hit sissoko in the chest before the arm, but we've seen it here in Italy how dodgy these handball decisions are. They were the side that played with better initiative. Agreed regarding kane, I guess it was a bit of a catch 22 for poch as people would have equally questioned poch for not starting him.

All I'll say is does anyone else think allegri would have taken this spurs side this far in the CL? Like hell he would

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agreed there was little wrong with poch's tactics yesterday, spurs actually did well to react to what I thought was a harsh penalty given that the ball hit sissoko in the chest before the arm, but we've seen it here in Italy how dodgy these handball decisions are. They were the side that played with better initiative. Agreed regarding kane, I guess it was a bit of a catch 22 for poch as people would have equally questioned poch for not starting him.

All I'll say is does anyone else think allegri would have taken this spurs side this far in the CL? Like hell he would
All i’ll say is does anyone else think Pochettino would have taken our 16-17 team to a CL final? Like hell he would.

I like Pochettino too, but you can like him without this constant ridiculous diminishing of Allegri’s accomplishments here. It’s dumb and disingenuous.

Some teams suit certain managers and their tactics. Hence why Pochettino took this Spurs team to a CL final, and hence why Allegri took 16-17 Juve to CL final and domestic double.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The issue is, that Ronaldo, up until the 2016-17 season was one of the greatest free kick takers of all-time with 51 goals from them. And he holds the all-time CL record as well.

But in the past two seasons, he has two free kick goals total (one with Spain, one with Madrid), and that's just sad as shit.

Thankfully, he only attempted 16 free kicks (well, as of May 2nd, so it could have gone up one or two since then) for us this year. It's still too many, given how appalling he has been at them the last two seasons, but it's a fight, with a GOAT level player with a huge ego, that a coach has to decide if it's worth having. Neither Zidane nor Ancelotti thought it was, and nor did Allegri, though Allegri clearly created a FK platoon based on location, which allowed Dybala and Pjanic some opportunities, if not enough.

Anyways, it's an issue, but not something to blow out of proportion or bash Allegri for. This one's entirely on Ronaldo and his ego.
Agreed in all, and its defenitely Ronaldo ego thing only. If you keep failing you should stop taking it or less of it, but he cant bring himself to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)