Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Agreed there was little wrong with poch's tactics yesterday, spurs actually did well to react to what I thought was a harsh penalty given that the ball hit sissoko in the chest before the arm, but we've seen it here in Italy how dodgy these handball decisions are. They were the side that played with better initiative. Agreed regarding kane, I guess it was a bit of a catch 22 for poch as people would have equally questioned poch for not starting him.

All I'll say is does anyone else think allegri would have taken this spurs side this far in the CL? Like hell he would
Little wrong? Meh, they were behind from minute one and had about zero real chances...

Doesn't matter 'though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Agreed there was little wrong with poch's tactics yesterday, spurs actually did well to react to what I thought was a harsh penalty given that the ball hit sissoko in the chest before the arm, but we've seen it here in Italy how dodgy these handball decisions are. They were the side that played with better initiative. Agreed regarding kane, I guess it was a bit of a catch 22 for poch as people would have equally questioned poch for not starting him.

All I'll say is does anyone else think allegri would have taken this spurs side this far in the CL? Like hell he would
Poch himself if asked to recreate Spurs reaching the final probably couldn't do it. They're the 4th team in England and it's pretty much their place, not Top2 in Europe. At least 16-17 Juve played good counter with rock solid defense and looked like a genuine top team that year.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
All i’ll say is does anyone else think Pochettino would have taken our 16-17 team to a CL final? Like hell he would.

I like Pochettino too, but you can like him without this constant ridiculous diminishing of Allegri’s accomplishments here. It’s dumb and disingenuous.

Some teams suit certain managers and their tactics. Hence why Pochettino took this Spurs team to a CL final, and hence why Allegri took 16-17 Juve to CL final and domestic double.
Look let's get one thing straight here. Theres a big difference between diminishing someone's history and records and actually taking stock at the present time and saying is this the right man going forward, I belong in the latter. At the same time it's ridiculous that people are slagging off poch for his achievement taking a spurs side that has spend 0 for a year.
Spurs were by no means outplayed yesterday if anything it was the other way around, poor finishing and some contentious refereeing re the penalty was their downfall, the actual game plan was right as liverpool could barely string a pass, the liverpool defence were hoofing balls from the back as they could barely play out of there. I can only dare imagine how allegri would have set up this current juve side if we played liverpool yesterday and I doubt it would have been pretty neither knowing how we struggle against provincial sides who high press us, hard to imagine that attitude changing looking into next season and beyond if we kept allegri

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The movement was alright til they got to the final third where barely anyone was willing to make a run into the box or play crosses in. Spurs' overall quality of play improved immensely after Lucas Moura was introduced.

Starting Kane was a MAJOR mistake. Throughout the season Spuds have enjoyed far superior results with Kane injured and overall their style of play is just superior. You can't bench Lucas Moura after scoring a hattrick in the CL and Llorente after scoring the winner vs City+changing the game vs Ajax for 70+ minutes in the game. Both should've started but atleast one of em had to start.

Not basing my judgement of Poch off one game. Overall I have never been all that impressed with Spurs style of play and they've have had many failures over the years (2nd behind Leicester).

- - - Updated - - -

Will really be funny to see all the shit talkers riding Sarri's dick after he wins the CL for Juve....

- - - Updated - - -

It's happening and theres nothing you all can do to stop it

- - - Updated - - -

1559456356873.png
Yeah, weird lineup. Max-like cept Allegri often leaves more than one better player on bench.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
When will we finally know? Euro soccer (football .... sorry) and the drama with everything. Awesome! :vidal:

Yesterday withstanding, Poch is still my man! Old man Sarri OK after that. I mean so Chelsea won THAT title but look at the competition they got through to get to the final. Middle of the table Seriesque?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That's missing the entire point. They had 89 mins + extra time twice to create one real chance and failed...
Liverpool are very good and are very good defensively - You are making it sounds like Tottenham has 3 Messis and 3 Ronaldos and were still unable to cut it against that Livorno defense.. Seriously Tottenham are not remotely as good as Liverpool players wise yet they controlled the game + overachieve every season and who is to blame for Tottenham loss - According to you its the coach.. according to logic its Tottenham despite all their miracles couldnt make another miracle
Miracle = Something that is not a given. Something that shouldnt naturally happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)