Status
Not open for further replies.

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
Or maybe Juventus takes revenge on Sarri, we like to repay the enemies in a nice quiet way. And Sarri was Juve enemy, besides showing the middle finger to Juve supporters in front of the media....meh. That's why maybe Juve talked to Sarri, they gave him hope but in fact Guardiola is the one who is already Juve coach. Just a pure smokescreen made by the board membes of Juve.

I'm very sure that Pep is the new coach.

Last edited:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Or maybe Juventus takes revenge on Sarri, we like to repay the enemies in a nice quiet way. And Sarri was Juve's enemy, besides showing the middle finger to Juve supporters in front of the media....meh. That's why maybe Juve talked to Sarri, they gave him hope but in fact Guardiola is the one who is already Juve coach.
Or maybe it's Sarri's agent trick to convince Chelsea to give Sarri a pay rise. "Our manager is wanted by the Italian champions, hmmm"

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Yes, last night
I didn’t see it but I take your word. Then again a lot of shit has been reported/flying about.

Anyways, on to Sarri. Should it be him I seriously wouldn’t mind. Not my first choice but like I’ve said in the past, I trust our board. Sarri has his own identity. And I like managers like him who want to play the game and go for the win. All this talk about being crap defensively. So why is it that both Barca and Real have won CL? by playing the game and grabbing it by the throat. Yes I get that we’ll get exposed at times but I’m sure we’ll get it right. I’m willing to give him a shot. I’m not talking about “fancy football” but I want to play as a team. We’ll have more chance in winning the CL with Sarri than other Italian in charge and that I’m sure about. We’ve been wasting our talent sitting back instead of finishing teams off. We need to beat the old Italian style out of us to progress in Europe.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I didn’t see it but I take your word. Then again a lot of shit has been reported/flying about.

Anyways, on to Sarri. Should it be him I seriously wouldn’t mind. Not my first choice but like I’ve said in the past, I trust our board. Sarri has his own identity. And I like managers like him who want to play the game and go for the win. All this talk about being crap defensively. So why is it that both Barca and Real have won CL? by playing the game and grabbing it by the throat. Yes I get that we’ll get exposed at times but I’m sure we’ll get it right. I’m willing to give him a shot. I’m not talking about “fancy football” but I want to play as a team. We’ll have more chance in winning the CL with Sarri than other Italian in charge and that I’m sure about. We’ve been wasting our talent sitting back instead of finishing teams off. We need to beat the old Italian style out of us to progress in Europe.
It's a downgrade from Max or a weak lateral move at best

Hiring him shows the shortsightedness and lack of ambition of the club as a whole which I find hard to believe

Plus, the only italian that is qualified to coach this club just mutually parted ways with us. Every other Italian coach out there is sub par including my guy Di Fra

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Real under Zidane played very pragmatic football, based on being solid at the back and controlling games through the midfield with a dominant set of CMs, and then being ruthless up front. They were anything but some all-out attacking team. They were also very tactically versatile, playing possession based football at times, ceding possession and playing on the counterattack at others.

Barcelona has failed time and again in Europe since the Pep era because they can't defend. They managed to overcome it once, in 14-15 by having Messi-Suarez-Neymar in scintillating form and just outscoring everyone, but they have failed every year since, because they can't keep the ball out of their net.

To the second bolded bit. Allegri had us 1-1 in the second half of two different CL finals in his first 3 years. Sure, it didn't work out from there, but that's about as close as it gets without winning it. So no Sarri is not some certainty of giving us a better chance to win CL. At Napoli he failed miserably in CL in his best year there, losing 4 of 6 group stage games, including to Shaktar and Feyenoord and dropping into Europa League where he was embarrassed by RB Leipzig.

It's obviously possible Sarri could figure it out here, but his past results suggest nothing to be sure about in Europe, thus far.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005

I’m 100% with all you said, especially that last sentence. Our style of playing has to develop more along the lines of Guardiola and Pochettino and what they have achieved with an attacking style that gives midfield ball carriers the opportunity of selecting two available attacking players to pass that peach of a ball to. Freely available goal scorers that create space to receive the ball like Ronaldo, Kean and so on. These players must create that space!

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Yeh. Totally agree.
If you dont dare to win you will get punished sooner or later by the team who has the will to dare and has the tools to make that daring concrete.

That has been the story of our CL runs as of late. We come short when we start having doubts about ourselves and get grabbed by the throat. This needs fixing. That said, i dont want sarri, but i do want a daring coach who can instill the players the belief they can outscore the enemy team and win.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I remember when we signed Ronaldo one of my friends sent me a Snapchat of the official confirmation and I was actually annoyed I didn't read it on Tuz first. I always prefer to read all the comments here in the build up first before checking sky or any of the news sites.

Last edited:

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Sarri is abandoning a sinking ship.The fans hate him , mocked him.chelski has a transfer ban ,hazard is leaving .What can you do with that squad seeing how players can turn on you in any game.
He is coming to Italy to either Juve melan or Roma.
If it ain’t juve he can stay in England.

Manchester needs someone like him because Ole isn’t doing the right thing.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
It's a downgrade from Max or a weak lateral move at best

Hiring him shows the shortsightedness and lack of ambition of the club as a whole which I find hard to believe
You’ve got to give Sarri more credit. What Sarri lacks tactically from Allegri he sure makes up for it in other departments. You just need to have the right balance and you name me one manager who has all that??
We as a team look shakey on the ball. Sarri plays a certain way which allows options and installs confidence. This is why I said only yesterday there are some players who I don’t think will be up to it playing this style and we need to bring a few in that can especially midfielders.
And I don’t for one second think if it is Pep that joins that it will be a bed of roses. The complete opposite in fact. New country, very tactical league. It’ll be a lot harder for him than Sarri. But if we’re looking long term and have the pulling power for players then Peps your man. That’s the route Agnelli should be looking at and I’m sure he is. If not then I wouldn’t get annoyed with Sarri as a plan B.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

You didn't see it because it is not official yet.Just some rumors spread by pedulla until now.
https://www.chelseafc.com/en their official site isn't saying a thing about sarri.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You’ve got to give Sarri more credit. What Sarri lacks tactically from Allegri he sure makes up for it in other departments. You just need to have the right balance and you name me one manager who has all that??
We as a team look shakey on the ball. Sarri plays a certain way which allows options and installs confidence. This is why I said only yesterday there are some players who I don’t think will be up to it playing this style and we need to bring a few in that can especially midfielders.
And I don’t for one second think if it is Pep that joins that it will be a bed of roses. The complete opposite in fact. New country, very tactical league. It’ll be a lot harder for him than Sarri. But if we’re looking long term and have the pulling power for players then Peps your man. That’s the route Agnelli should be looking at and I’m sure he is. If not then I wouldn’t get annoyed with Sarri as a plan B.
Yeh pretty much. Sarri knows the league while pep doesnt (asa. Coach). Sarri would maybe have a better starting phase then pep.

But if pep comes and he pull his shid togteher fast and finds the right offensive balance , he will be able to handle the players and the pressure much better than sarri. Sarri imo will have a HUGE pressure over him from juve fans, Napoli fans, Juventus Board, players, allegri's legacy..... I just cant see him having the experience to cope with that, without something breaking. In summary, he will come here with a negative welcome and a lot of responsability. Not optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 226)