Status
Not open for further replies.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I never bought Agnelli's BS about not wanting yes-men.
Yup, it did sound pretty unnatural and like a lame excuse (probably, made in advance). It was so clumsy that it sounded almost offensive for Max, like he was a yes-man and that's why they terminated his contract. That was, probably, the first moment Andrea, as a club official, disappointed me.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don’t “buongiorno” me

- - - Updated - - -

It HAD to be Conte coaching Inter to end the streak he started :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Chelsea: Reina talks 'Sarriball'
By Football Italia staff

Ex-Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina has explained how the success of ‘Sarriball’ lies in its execution. “In Italy they are tactically stronger, better positioned.”
Sarri is increasingly likely to leave Chelsea this summer, despite a third-place finish in the Premier League and two cup Finals, with his style of play proving divisive.
“I really enjoyed playing under Sarri,” Reina, who worked under the 60-year-old at Napoli, told The Independent.
“I consider myself good at it [playing the ball out as a goalkeeper to build the play]. It depends on the philosophy of the manager and the team.
“Sarri uses it more than others because he likes to be able to exploit a good goalkeeper who has feet like that.
“At some point, it [Sarriball] came natural to us, we played this way even blind. He just wants you to be brave on the ball and eventually it came natural.
“It’s all about executing: every League requires a different approach and in England the rhythm is different. In Italy they are tactically better and stronger, better positioned.”
“Sarri is a very complete manager. He is so cynical with every detail, every detail counts.
“It’s not just that [focusing on playing Sarriball]. It can turn you crazy because he likes to think about football 24 hours per day.”

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is crazy though :lol:

Not even mad. It almost feels like as a kid when you know you fucked up big and your parents grounded you but you weren’t even mad then because you knew you were a dumbass.

That’s what this feels like.
:lol:

Once it becomes official, I’m going to hope for the best, hope that this classless moron proves me wrong and shows he can manage a top club successfully and return us to CL glory.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Agnelli ‘travels to Baku for Sarri’
Football Italia

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli will reportedly travel to Baku for the Europa League Final between Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea and Arsenal.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Agnelli wants to see Sarri’s work ‘up close’ on Wednesday before appointing him as Juve’s new Coach.

The website adds the patron wants to return to Turin with an agreement between him and the former Napoli boss.

La Stampa, meanwhile, claims there will be a meeting with Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia 24 hours later to dissolve Sarri’s contract.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

I don't want to say there is optimism but the Pep situation is now in its downhill phase, there is reason to believe it will get done

Paganini above basically said he knows everyone is saying sarri but for him a big name like pep is more likely

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Agnelli ‘travels to Baku for Sarri’
Football Italia

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli will reportedly travel to Baku for the Europa League Final between Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea and Arsenal.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Agnelli wants to see Sarri’s work ‘up close’ on Wednesday before appointing him as Juve’s new Coach.

The website adds the patron wants to return to Turin with an agreement between him and the former Napoli boss.

La Stampa, meanwhile, claims there will be a meeting with Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia 24 hours later to dissolve Sarri’s contract.
He's the president of European clubs or whatever of course he is going

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I remember when Allegri was announced I fucking hated it, especially because of how annoying he was with the goal di Muntari incident but I got over it after seeing results.

I guess the same could happen with Sarri, the difference is this guy has no fucking trophies to his name. Nada. Is he really the best we can get??

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Please. We haven’t had a result like that in like 15 years, especially against a completely shit minnow club like Bournemouth. In the space of 3 premier league matches Sarri managed to lose 6-0 to City and 4-0 to Bournemouth. We haven’t lost by 4 goals (let alone 6 :lol: ) since before calciopoli, even in our two terrible 7th place embarrassment seasons we didn’t have a loss that bad. Last time was against 2nd place Roma in 2004.

The man is a complete turd and an overrated muppet of a coach.

He came 3rd with 72 points (would be 5th last year just like Conte), an anemic 63 goals in 38 matches. His team won 1 match of their last 5 while locked in a battle for a CL spot. The only reason he came 3rd is because everyone else around them choked worse.

At Napoli he lost to both Inter and Atalanta in Coppa Italia qfs in 2 of his 3 years, teams with far inferior squads then. He lost to Villarreal and RB Leipzig in Europa Rof32, and got knocked out CL group stage by Shaktar, 3 more teams with far inferior squads.

This year he made Europa final by beating a series of garbage teams. Malmo, Prague, Dynamo, Frankfurt. He hasn’t beat a decent team yet in Europa.

Stop acting like 3rd this year and EL final is some accomplishment. It isn’t.
It depends on the club...
Coaching City finishing 3rd and winning the EL is a failure as City can accomplish much better than that...
Coaching Liverpool finishing 3rd and winning EL is a failure (same as City)
Coaching Chelsea finishing 3rd (did you really expect Chelsea to get 97pts?!) while getting as far as possible in Europe - Yeah it is a success - If you cant see it you are blind!

Im not saying Sarri is the goat of coaches as obviously no one including Sarri thinks that way.. He is just not that terrible as you present him to be..

as for your Coppa Italia reference I wont even comment on it..
CL knocked out by Shakhtar - This is what I hold against him.. Definitely not something that should happen...

P.S Didnt we get to EL SF and lost to an inferior Benfica?! The best team dont always win... League wise its easier as 38 games are enough to clear errors and keep the gap between clubs as it is..

That being said I dont like his "champagne football" and would much rather have one of Pep Klopp and Pochettino...

- - - Updated - - -

FI seems to be confident about Sarri

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Why would we even consider stooping down to this guy's level? He's foul-mouthed, arrogant and classless, especially in interviews. Definitely not juve worthy. He belongs at a hooligan club like Millwall where he'd get on well with those fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)