Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Imagine uprooting the entire clubs image over the last decade and then hiring a chain smoking banker to lead your squad. I just can't see it lol

Would prefer Sarri to Inzaghi but even me as somebody who is glad Allegri is out after the most boring to watch football I've ever witnessed here was expecting the Juve job to attract a bigger name than Sarri ffs

Guaranteed trophy if you don't fuck it up, CR up front, leaders like Chiellini still around. Fans that aren't as demanding as Barca, Madrid and probably Bayern.

Hope we have something up our sleeve because right now the managers in the running are from a list I'd expect after Delneri got sacked. Very underwhelming if we never had a guarantee from a top manager.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Maurizio Sarri is the favorite for the Juventus bench. Ramadani (his agent) has a scheduled appointment with Chelsea in the aftermath of the EL finale. Simone Inzaghi is plan B. Juve monitoring the situations of Klopp & Pochettino in case of a surprise departure. [Di Marzio]

- - - Updated - - -

Di Marzio: Sarri is the favourite & Inzaghi is plan B for Juve but the club will wait until after the UCL final to choose their new Coach. Even if LFC/Spurs are convinced Klopp/Pochettino will stay, Juve are ready to dive in should any or both of them attempt to leave.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Maurizio Sarri is the favorite for the Juventus bench. Ramadani (his agent) has a scheduled appointment with Chelsea in the aftermath of the EL finale. Simone Inzaghi is plan B. Juve monitoring the situations of Klopp & Pochettino in case of a surprise departure. [Di Marzio]
I have to say It would be interesting to see Sarri at Juve (still would rather get the really great managers aka Klopp Pep)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I stand corrected. Got confused.
Still, why is Gasperini less appealing to the Juventus hierarchy as compared to Sarri or Inzaghi?
Gasp is strictly back 3, which isn't seen as ideal for Europe.

He also needs fast young players. We have slow old ones. Think of Gasp's Genoa with fast players vs a more expensive Genoa squad with slower ones.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What the hell are you talking about? When have I said Serie A is a washed up league and what tune?

I wonder how some people become Juve fans. We play in Serie A, we are an italian team, it is our league, and I hope we compete as best as possible to win it every year.
This is exactly what I believe and for me the league is always a priority over the CL but getting Sarri means we are not even winning the league. And saying that Sarri collected 91 points with Napoli but still lost the league is not an argument that means he can win the league with us. It only means that he did great but came short, like always with this bum.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Imagine uprooting the entire clubs image over the last decade and then hiring a chain smoking banker to lead your squad. I just can't see it lol

Would prefer Sarri to Inzaghi but even me as somebody who is glad Allegri is out after the most boring to watch football I've ever witnessed here was expecting the Juve job to attract a bigger name than Sarri ffs

Guaranteed trophy if you don't fuck it up, CR up front, leaders like Chiellini still around. Fans that aren't as demanding as Barca, Madrid and probably Bayern.

Hope we have something up our sleeve because right now the managers in the running are from a list I'd expect after Delneri got sacked. Very underwhelming if we never had a guarantee from a top manager.
Just look at the state of our MF.

Imagine playing Sarriball two touch passing, vertical movements and high rhythm with them.

Players would be dead by half time.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
This is exactly what I believe and for me the league is always a priority over the CL but getting Sarri means we are not even winning the league. And saying that Sarri collected 91 points with Napoli but still lost the league is not an argument that means he can win the league with us. It only means that he did great but came short, like always with this bum.
So if Sarri, with his 91 point record, means we are not winning the league because he came up short against Juve, then who means we are winning it? Can't think of anyone that has won the league in the last 5 seasons that isn't named Allegri.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So if Sarri, with his 91 point record, means we are not winning the league because he came up short against Juve, then who means we are winning it? Can't think of anyone that has won the league in the last 5 seasons that isn't named Allegri.
allegri offered a certain guarantee: he won the league with the strongest squad, reached the cl knockout stage every time, and with a little margin of error, he also won the cup. that's outstanding consistency, better than any team in the last 5 years, including barcelona, city and bayern. and especially remarkable if you consider how the club (marotta? paratici? agnelli? nedved?) handled the summer mercati each year, by selling key players left and right without proper replacements.

sarri had his ups and downs throughout the years. finishing behind shakhtar, losing ties against inferior teams several times are telling me that we can't be so certain about him - but that might also down to the difference between the two clubs. winning is juve's identity, whining and blaming others is napoli's.

back to your point: basically no one knows what results might sarri bring. i simply despise his personality, and i'm not fond on his "brand of football" either. :boh:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That is why I am saying it is a downgrade and it looks like the decision to stop working with Allegri is not thought through. It is so random and whoever is achievable is a downgrade. I am willing to take risks but if that's the case then I will take the risk with a young manager, one who has the pedigree and knows the club like we did with Conte. I am willing for example to try Pirlo even with no experience whatsoever. But we are taking a risk with a 60 year old who has worked for 30 years and have been an almost coach the entire time. Why would this change all of a sudden? Humans are like that, the older you get the more difficult it becomes to change.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
depends what you're expecting of Sarri's teams. If you expect to win a scudetto against Juve with Napoli, then yeah, 2nd place makes him almost coach. If you expect him to win the Prem in the first season with a team that came in 5th then yeah, he was nowhere near even challenging for the Prem. for me he's mostly met expectations in Empoli, Napoli and Chelsea, just like Allegri has done at Juventus, we could certainly do a lot worse than him. would certainly take him over Gasp, Inzaghi, Miha and the rest of current coaches in Serie A. bummed if Conte goes to Inter and Jardim to Milan, pretty certain those two are better coaches than Sarri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 394)