New Juve coach: Part Deux (17 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How the fuck Sari failed with Napoli? Th guy collected +90 points while playing amazing football.
He lost his best player in Higuain and the club never replace it but he kept winning nonetheless.

I konw people hate his personality, i do too but calling his Napoli career failure is bullshit.
He failed miserably in Europe in two of his three years there, going out against minnows.

Villarreal Rof32 europa first year with Higuain. His beautiful football could not score.

And then going out of group stage CL in his 3rd year to Shaktar which is embarrassing, and then getting spanked by RB Leipzig in Europa. Another team he had a clearly superior squad too.

He also got knocked out of Coppa Italia by smaller clubs in 2 of his 3 years (by us the middle year).

So I’d say he outperformed expectations significantly in Serie A, and failed miserably in cup competitions.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
So I’d say he outperformed expectations significantly in Serie A, and failed miserably in cup competitions.
Do you not think those two are intertwined?

I believe that Sarri’s Napoli put low effort in Europe because they were fully focussed on overthrowing Juve in Serie A. If Sarri put more effort in Europe, he probably wouldn’t have been able to challenge Juve for the title in 2015/16 or 2017/18.

Ironically, the one year where Sarri’s Napoli was decent in Europe (2016/17) was the one season where they finished third in Serie A, also behind Roma.

I believe that Napoli’s squad was just too thin to be competitive in both Serie A and Europe, it had to be one or the other.

The Europa League final will be interesting to watch. Sarri is up against a team with roughly similar quality, and up against a manager who has won the competition three times. This is perhaps his biggest test yet as a manager.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
How the fuck Sari failed with Napoli? Th guy collected +90 points while playing amazing football.
He lost his best player in Higuain and the club never replace it but he kept winning nonetheless.

I konw people hate his personality, i do too but calling his Napoli career failure is bullshit.
Based on your logic, lets hire Spalletti and EDF...
They maneged to do so with Roma ....!! (Collecting points and so close to win the league)

7ECE6F6A-A744-4754-9696-A34501130097.jpeg

EA7BB3A9-0F91-46C5-973B-4314BFC17EB8.jpeg

429ADCED-5184-4C16-AB26-211C735D2D7A.jpeg

Sarri and 3 seasons with Napoli and yet doesnt learn how to rotate and still beaten by Max many times even with Higuain with him.....

If you followed the league closely , many critics blame the failure to win the scudetto to his week tactical ability .... starts well... then mid season fail miserably and the funny part it is exact the same with Chelsea ....

Same crtics in Italy and England ...same losing patterns happened during those 4 years....

He lacks the tactical intelligence ....

What you expect from 60 years old fart never won something in his life !!!!!
78C2EB1D-FD99-48DB-873F-A6623BC1C1D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Do you not think those two are intertwined?

I believe that Sarri’s Napoli put low effort in Europe because they were fully focussed on overthrowing Juve in Serie A. If Sarri put more effort in Europe, he probably wouldn’t have been able to challenge Juve for the title in 2015/16 or 2017/18.

Ironically, the one year where Sarri’s Napoli was decent in Europe (2016/17) was the one season where they finished third in Serie A, also behind Roma.

I believe that Napoli’s squad was just too thin to be competitive in both Serie A and Europe, it had to be one or the other.

The Europa League final will be interesting to watch. Sarri is up against a team with roughly similar quality, and up against a manager who has won the competition three times. This is perhaps his biggest test yet as a manager.
Oh please. No other manager gets such excuses made for them. Napoli had numerous players on the bench, especially in that 3rd year. ADL bitched about Sarri not using them and not rotating more. He used his best players in CL in that 3rd year and still crashed out of the group behind a terrible Shaktar.

So no, i don’t buy the bullshit excuses that others are not afforded. Instead I think it’s evidence of a manager who sucks at rotating and utilizing more players than he has fit into one specific starting XI that works, and he rides it until it crashes and burns. Which has shown up again at Chelsea, where his team was awful in the last half-dozen rounds of the season.

You’re also ignoring his domestic cup competition failures each year. 2 of them against smaller clubs with inferior players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What’s traditional juve? The juve I grew up on was a dominant side that challenged on every level. If anything, we’re going back to that. It’s precisely why Sarri won’t be hired.
Yeah precisely, he's won nothing.

That aside I'm talking less about winning and challenging as changes we see off the pitch. Maybe it's just modern football, or maybe I'm just nostalgic. Firing Allegri for one doesn't sit right with me, but again that could be something the club sees off the field that us as fans only judge by small things like results, or big things like style of play. Agnelli is not a dumb guy but he does seem very ambitious in the world of football, to the point where he seems prepared to try anything.

Last edited:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
He is the King!

- - - Updated - - -

From VS:

It's really been a long time since I wrote, but in the last 4 days I am excitedly following the corner and Momblano.

I share with you my banal experience tonight; Hotel Starhotels Michelangelo, Rome. My barman friend gives me the tip that in the evening for a Vatican event Eto'o, Seedorf, Sacchi and Pessotto are staying with his wife and I suppose son, a boy with the Juve suit (there was also Sacchi)

On his return from dinner an inevitable photo, unique kindness and a specific phrase of mine. "ready to win with Guardiola?" He smiles at me with a really sly look, adding "We can't talk"

It is not a gurata also because it is not the least exposed, but that smile really told me a lot .. Suggestion? Luca Marchetti would say yes.

I can't attach the photo, the file is too big

Greetings

---------------

Last year the waiter, this year the barman

It's happening :tuttosport:
WeakQueasyFowl-size_restricted.gif

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Oh please. No other manager gets such excuses made for them. Napoli had numerous players on the bench, especially in that 3rd year. ADL bitched about Sarri not using them and not rotating more. He used his best players in CL in that 3rd year and still crashed out of the group behind a terrible Shaktar.

So no, i don’t buy the bullshit excuses that others are not afforded. Instead I think it’s evidence of a manager who sucks at rotating and utilizing more players than he has fit into one specific starting XI that works, and he rides it until it crashes and burns. Which has shown up again at Chelsea, where his team was awful in the last half-dozen rounds of the season.

You’re also ignoring his domestic cup competition failures each year. 2 of them against smaller clubs with inferior players.
It's Napoli, you're talking about gunning for treble as if they're Juventus, Real or Barca.

what did Ancelotti, one of the most decorated Italian coaches of all time, achieve with the very same team? Went out of Serie A race before winter was over, kicked out in CL groupstage, embarrassed in EL by fucking Arsenal of all teams and finally lost to Gattuso in Coppa Italia lol. Still people insist it was a decent season and no one is thinking about sacking Papa Carlo because it's Napoli, season like this for them is meeting expectations not failing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's Napoli, you're talking about gunning for treble as if they're Juventus, Real or Barca.

what did Ancelotti, one of the most decorated Italian coaches of all time, achieve with the very same team? Went out of Serie A race before winter was over, kicked out in CL groupstage, embarrassed in EL by fucking Arsenal of all teams and finally lost to Gattuso in Coppa Italia lol. Still people insist it was a decent season and no one is thinking about sacking Papa Carlo because it's Napoli, season like this for them is meeting expectations not failing.
Who is saying Napoli had a good year? No one that I can see. Although they may end up with 82 points again, the same number as Sarri's first year. I was told by Sarri fanboys that Chelsea needs to take a step back to move forward under Sarri. Does that not apply for other coaches, only Sarri? :lol3:

And still, Ancelotti got kicked out of group stage by PSG and Liverpool, not by Shaktar. And went further in EL than Sarri did with Napoli last year, before going out to Arsenal under 3X winner Emery, not a mediocre RB Leipzig.

And all the same, no one is calling Napoli's season good. Lol that what i'm saying means Napoli had to go for the treble under Sarri. Though they all talked about shit like that enough. Failing is getting knocked out of competitions by inferior teams. Which Napoli did under Sarri in both Europe and Coppa Italia in 2 of his 3 years there. In 15-16 he got spanked by an awful Inter 2-0 at home in Coppa QFs. Embarrassing. In 17-18 he got beat at home 2-1 by Atalanta in Coppa QFs. Embarrassing again. In 15-16 his team scored 1 goal in 180 minutes against Villarreal to get knocked out of Europa. Last year he got spanked at home in Naples by Leipzig 3-1 which was why he went out of Europa. He also managed to lose 4 of 6 matches in CL group stage, in a weakass group aside from ManCity. Dude lost to both Shaktar and Feyenoord.

SO yeah, failure. Losing to weaker sides constantly in cup competitions. Just like we, under Allegri, got knocked out of CL by an inferior team this year, and Allegri was sacked probably in large part because of it.

Stop making excuses for this turd's failures. He did well in the league with Napoli, but was a joke in cup competitions. The results speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Who is saying Napoli had a good year? No one that I can see. Although they may end up with 82 points again, the same number as Sarri's first year. I was told by Sarri fanboys that Chelsea needs to take a step back to move forward under Sarri. Does that not apply for other coaches, only Sarri? :lol3:

And still, Ancelotti got kicked out of group stage by PSG and Liverpool, not by Shaktar. And went further in EL than Sarri did with Napoli last year, before going out to Arsenal under 3X winner Emery, not a mediocre RB Leipzig.

And all the same, no one is calling Napoli's season good. Lol that what i'm saying means Napoli had to go for the treble under Sarri. Though they all talked about shit like that enough. Failing is getting knocked out of competitions by inferior teams. Which Napoli did under Sarri in both Europe and Coppa Italia in 2 of his 3 years there. Just like we, under Allegri, got knocked out of CL by an inferior team this year, and Allegri was sacked probably in large part because of it.

Stop making excuses for this turd's failures. He did well in the league with Napoli, but was a joke in cup competitions. The results speak for themselves.
I mean this applies exactly to Pep to. So I guess we should only go for Mou?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I mean this applies exactly to Pep to. So I guess we should only go for Mou?
It applies to all sorts of coaches. All coaches eventually lose to a weaker side here or there. But Pep at least has a history of winning shit in cup competitions (and he still does so in domestic cups). And also beating top teams. As does Allegri. Amongst others. Sarri has no history of this, and in general has lost to weaker teams in each of his campaigns to go out of cup competitions. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)