New Italy jersey; 2009 Conf. Cup (2 Viewers)

OP
Matteo4Azzurri
Jan 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    It's only used for this summer, so they will go back to their current kits once the WC qualifiers resume. I always hold judgement until I see it in person (same with Juve shirts). No matter what the kit looks like, if they win in it, it's beautiful to me ;)

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    i don't know why i had the impression that it is changed...that white instead of gould..the number in the front..anyways..this 2009 conf cup it's like android said..i kind of a vintage shirt..so if you'll buy it..you frame it

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I dont think this is the one...they are supposed to be wearing a throwback-style jersey from the 1930's, and that certainly doesnt look like it

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
    Italy will wear a specially designed vintage jersey for the 2009 Confederations Cup

Puma has designed Italy's kit for the tournament as a tribute to the Italian sides that won the World Cup in 1934 and 1938. The colour and style of the jersey are reminiscent of the era with a v-neck and the Italian tri-colour symbol just above the heart. The oblique background stripes of the jersey will also have the word 'Italia' repeated.

That's the same kit as Matteo's, so it must be it.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    That looks dreadful. If they really wanted a throwback jersey (and by throwback I mean a style reflective of a period prior to 1990, as Dru already mentioned) they would slap a on a collar, lose the Puma logo on the front so it's just on the sleeves (à la Kappa), and put an older looking crest on it. The only positive is the colour.

Anyone want to tell me why there are only two stars on the FIGC logo, but four above the "ITALIA" enscribed in the fabric?

EDIT: Nevermind, there's four. I couldn't see from that picture, my bad.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I friggin' have pretty much the same thing made by Diadora 20 years ago. :p
    believe me, the Diadora shirt looks much better than this rag

this will go down as the ugliest jersey to ever be worn by a winning team against the USA :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)