New Fifa Rankings (1 Viewer)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
not sure about United but Inter are 3rd :D
LOl nice one michael.

but seriously how can italy start theior campaign so badly and still rise ahead of brazil?why arent france 1st or 2nd? the fifa rankings are terrible and make no sense, i thought italy should have risen to first in the last set but they ahve been awful since and france(apart from the scotland defeat) have been excellent in qualifying

OP
Christina

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
  • Thread Starter #27
    Brazil went down because they lost to Portugal, and Italy went up by like 2 points. I don't get how though, they haven't played in like 4 months:p.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    11 Ukraine 1018 2 -36

18 Denmark 876 5 11

19 Mexico 857 2 -26

20 Scotland 854 6 7

23 Poland 844 2 -10

27 Russia 817 -3 -41

28 USA 783 3 -9
    :wth: That's a load of garbage, to be honest. I'm not sure how Scotland and Mexico can be that far ahead of the United States, and there is no reason for Ukraine to be in 11th place. But we have always observed these FIFA rankings are pure rubbish and never really conclude anything... it's simply a list. Everybody loves ranking lists.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    :wth: That's a load of garbage, to be honest. I'm not sure how Scotland and Mexico can be that far ahead of the United States, and there is no reason for Ukraine to be in 11th place. But we have always observed these FIFA rankings are pure rubbish and never really conclude anything... it's simply a list. Everybody loves ranking lists.
    scotland qualifying campaign got off to a flier and beating france was a massive boost for our countries ratings, losing in teh next game to ukraine wasnt so clever though. i think if they are to be taken seriously then they shoudl work out points with quality of opposition in mind, i by no means think that scotland are superior to teh USA but when we play france, italy,ukraine in qualifying your only real opposition comes against the mexicans.

however these ratings are a joke, always have been and people only really seem to care about them when they get an unexpected boost

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    New Fifa Rankings is stupid , i mean the azzuri with donadoni made bad results and IMO will not qualify to Euro 08

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    exactly, scotland would have made an arse of it anyway and now we have lost our coach. so IMo italys only obstacle will eb italy, even ukraine wont be strong enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)