New fifa Idea? (1 Viewer)

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Blatter 'La Fifa vuole introdurre un limite agli stranieri'
Lunedì, 12 dicembre @ 13:24:00 CET
Il presidente della FIFA, Sepp Blatter ha ribadito la necessità di limitare il numero di giocatori stranieri nelle squadre di calcio: "La nostra idea è di obbligare i club a schierare almeno 6 giocatori della nazionalità del paese in cui giocano".

blatter; fifa wants to limit the amount of foreign players in ateam

The president of fifa has said that there is the need to limit the number of foreigners in any team of football, our idea is to make it a rule that any club has to play in any match at least 6 players of their nationality.

i say that its a great idea and should be introduced to imddeiate effect the only problem is that with juve we start with only 4/5 italians per match so i prefer the rule to be 5 players of their national team!

if this rule was to be true inter, would have to use their primavera italian players..if they ahve any :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
djleli said:
Blatter 'La Fifa vuole introdurre un limite agli stranieri'
Lunedì, 12 dicembre @ 13:24:00 CET
Il presidente della FIFA, Sepp Blatter ha ribadito la necessità di limitare il numero di giocatori stranieri nelle squadre di calcio: "La nostra idea è di obbligare i club a schierare almeno 6 giocatori della nazionalità del paese in cui giocano".

blatter; fifa wants to limit the amount of foreign players in ateam

The president of fifa has said that there is the need to limit the number of foreigners in any team of football, our idea is to make it a rule that any club has to play in any match at least 6 players of their nationality.

i say that its a great idea and should be introduced to imddeiate effect the only problem is that with juve we start with only 4/5 italians per match so i prefer the rule to be 5 players of their national team!

if this rule was to be true inter, would have to use their primavera italian players..if they ahve any :)

Buffon, Canna, Zambrotta, Camoranesi... Chiellini, yep, we've got 5. Stupid idea tho.

OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    i think its a good idea, mostly because it will give chance for the local players to be stars as well so reinforcing the national team of each country, its a shame that inter for example dont play any italians because they arent giving them experience in cup ties etc u got what i mean?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, but I wonder hoe much better the local players will become by this. I mean, IMO you get better by competing with better than yourself. Match experience is important, but players have what 15-20 hours of training a week compared to, say, 3 hours of match time. IMO trying harder in training to become better than the South American, African, etc, will make a player better, less competition will only make him try less, and hence a worse player.

I'm for the idea that the best should play. If an Italian wants to play than he needs to become better than the Brazilian, or Nigerian already playing there, that will make him progress. If we just give him a place based on nationality and not quality in the end that will only make the NT weaker.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Zlatan said:
    Yeah, but I wonder hoe much better the local players will become by this. I mean, IMO you get better by competing with better than yourself. Match experience is important, but players have what 15-20 hours of training a week compared to, say, 3 hours of match time. IMO trying harder in training to become better than the South American, African, etc, will make a player better, less competition will only make him try less, and hence a worse player.

I'm for the idea that the best should play. If an Italian wants to play than he needs to become better than the Brazilian, or Nigerian already playing there, that will make him progress. If we just give him a place based on nationality and not quality in the end that will only make the NT weaker.
    Not necessarily true. In many cases foreign players are cheaper than domestic ones. Belgian players for instance are very expensive because of taxes. Therefore a lot of Belgian clubs tends to go for the surrogate: a less expensive and equally good foreign player. So there's no way in hell you can compete with that as a youth product.

You're basically saying that 20 Serie A teams wouldn't be able to have 200 good Italian football players. I'm not buying that.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    djleli said:
    i think its a good idea, mostly because it will give chance for the local players to be stars as well so reinforcing the national team of each country, its a shame that inter for example dont play any italians because they arent giving them experience in cup ties etc u got what i mean?
    djleli,I agree with you.
    We alredy talked about that on other thread "3 foreigners rule".
    I think that it is a gret idea,and that will produce more quality domestic players.
    Inter----well I heared at several occasions yesterday(match against milan)that inter players are screaming :"VAMOS ,VAMOS"!!!That is a shame,is this an Italian league or Argentinian?!!!!

vippy84

Oct 22, 2005
    If you find a determine player, they will stay at the club and fight for the a place in a team.... but some weak players...they will want to be transfer listed and move to another place where there is not that competitive.... this can kill all the young players from the country!!!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    There's already a slow move towards that with the requirements for a certain number of your own youth products and nationality in the CL squad. Just squeeze that up over the years and you'll see an improvement.

The points made by everyone above are correct - domestic players are generally more expensive, which doesn't help at all. I think there's a balance to be had, and the requirements on the CL squads will do it in time. The trick is not to overdo it.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Interesting discussion about domestic salaries, etc. It's good for me once in a while to get past the word "Blatter" when taking any news article seriously.

Aug 1, 2003
    Im against this whole idea. Yes sure some clubs are Italian, Dutch, English or any of that stuff and play in their own country's respective leagues, but limiting the no. of foreigners would just destroy the beauty of the game and inter cultural football. This is a club, not country. Clubs will also suffer massive losses if this rule is applied!

Why not just continue with the whole 'survival of the fittest' idea. Im sure if there are really good players in the youth systems, they'll carve their names in football one way or the other, even if not for the team they trained with.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    but when clubs like inter field a team with no italian on it,then where does the aspect of nationality come from?
    at the end of the day,it is an ITALIAN club playing in an ITALIAN league,and the nation is bigger than the club.so there should be local players on the field.and anyway,if u dont restrict the number of foreigners at the club,then the young home based talent would never get its chance because the clubs would prefer going for foreign talent which would harm a country's national team severley.

Aug 1, 2003
    axlrose85 said:
    but when clubs like inter field a team with no italian on it,then where does the aspect of nationality come from?
    at the end of the day,it is an ITALIAN club playing in an ITALIAN league,and the nation is bigger than the club.so there should be local players on the field.and anyway,if u dont restrict the number of foreigners at the club,then the young home based talent would never get its chance because the clubs would prefer going for foreign talent which would harm a country's national team severley.
    the current system works fine, why change it? it doesnt harm a country's national team, because not a lot of teams can afford foreigners, and foreigners are only taken if they're good. we have italian players making their names in the 'smaller' teams and that gives them a chance to shine in the league and later join the bigger clubs. in the end new talents are still rediscovered.

I am not Italian so probably my perspective is different, but I dont see how the nation is bigger than the club. Yes its an Italian league with Italian teams, Inter having 99% percent foreigners on the pitch doesnt affect it IMO, because in the end the majority of players playing in the league are still italians, with italian coaches, italian fans and italian media which ultimately still makes it.. italian.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    yes,but if the italians dont play,that will effect the national team.so it all comes down to the home players playing.the quote of foreign players at juventus,milan etc is fine.but when it gets to what inter and arsenal do,that i belive should not happen.

Aug 1, 2003
    but Inter is just one team, a minor glitch in the whole of serie a. the rest of the teams in the league have italians as majority of the players that make up their teams. and that I believe is enough for the national team.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    yes but if no one keeps a check over the number of forieng players,and when teams start noticing that the federation has no problem with what inter are doing,then they would be tempted to follow suit too.so SOME check should be there on the foriegn players.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Free market people! why the hell is FIFA intereferring with institutions older than it. i say if inter is such an anomaly why do they sell more seats that Juve(i know it's not saying much). As far as the national teams, i think the real issue here is the closing of the gap between the once mighty footbalistic nations and the rest. The wrold has become a smaller place in more than just one sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)