New deal for Del Piero? (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Juventus are ready to offer Alessandro Del Piero a new contract, according to whispers in the peninsula.

The club are intent on keeping the symbol until he hangs up his boots by offering him a deal which will see him take on a directorship position once he does retire.

Although Del Piero is no longer guaranteed a starting shirt in Turin, the Old Lady are prepared to offer him an extension until 2010.

Reports in Italy suggest that the club’s triad of Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and Roberto Bettega came up with the plan.

The move would be seen by many as reward for a player who has won 14 major honours since his move from Padova in 1993.

Del Piero, who has been recently linked with a shock move to Arsenal, may be tempted by the proposal seeing as his present deal runs until 2008.

The opportunity to remain at a club who adore him would also be a major factor for the now 31-year-old.

Del Piero has also recently installed himself in the club’s history books by joining Giampiero Boniperti as the outfit’s record scorer with 182 goals.

Should Del Piero accept, there is talk that he could become the outfit’s Vice-President along with Roberto Bettega when he does bring his illustrious career to an end.<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Pretty cool if it's true. On one hand, if he leaves, he can have a better carrear at Arsenal for example, and lead them to glory, play more freely and be in the starting lineup every match perhaps... on the other hand, it's a risk, big risk, as he may not succeed in the end and be a sub and end his carrear in a bad tone. At Juve, he can have 4 more beautiful years, some on the bench, but some presitgious moments and end his carrear in utmost respect and honour and special status no doubt, first ever in Juventus and a unique bandiera.

Jul 5, 2005
Alex is a symbol for Juve i grew up with this player and i would like to stay forever in Bianconeri and why not to become a president one day.

Jan 1, 2006
It is expected of Juve to let Del Piero end his career with this club. He's adored by all and represents Juve for a lot of fans, myself included.

If what this news suggests is true then I, for one, am content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)