New Azzuri kit for Euro 2004 (2 Viewers)

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ahead ] ++
made by an englishman .. it has to be crap
Doing some research, the guy who designed the shirt also designed the previous Puma Italy maglia - he's the head of the whole Puma Italia range.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
The old one is better but there are many other teams wearing the same style .... so this new one is for Itay only ... I think

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++

Doing some research, the guy who designed the shirt also designed the previous Puma Italy maglia - he's the head of the whole Puma Italia range.
:wallbang: why should it be an englishman ?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

italy's worst jersey ever without a doubt.

my least like italia jersey would be WC 98 ( the collar makes it look boring ) followed by Kappa's EURO 2000 qualifying (the blue is too dark and purply ) ....

although generally i think all italia jersey are nice..( how much damage could one made with a plain blue jersey :stress: )

i hope after this FIGC would try another stint with diadora.. their jersey are getting better these days .. following the footsteps of PUMA and Kappa..

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
The guy who designed is English, no wonder it's ugly. What they know about style you can fit onto the back of a postage stamp.
THATS VERY TRUE! We should have stuck with Italian designers, they're the best! Dammit dammit dammit!!

Ugh.

Although IIRC the designer does have experience in Prada and all.. wait, or was that the designer for the Azzurri's suits? Im confused

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Here, I'll paste the press release..

PUMA Launches “Italia” Kit

PUMA and Neil Barrett launch the 2004 Italian National Team kit and lifestyle apparel range. Named creative director of PUMA’s Italia Collection in 2003, Neil Barrett provided the creative vision of the new football playing kit and lifestyle apparel range, and personally designed the official formalwear for the team. The team will represent Italy in the complete kit on March 31st against Portugal.

Neil Barrett’s close association with Italy and Italian design stems from his experience as Senior Menswear Designer at Gucci, Design Director of Prada Menswear and the launch of his own brand name collection. Neil Barrett worked closely with PUMA’s design team to combine the brand’s technical sport expertise with his fashion sensibility for a full spectrum of Italia products that spans performance sport, lifestyle and fashion. The inspiration for the new playing kit came from protective armour worn by Roman gladiators blended with Barrett’s signature “layered” garments.

Neil Barrett specifically designed a formal “representation suit” for the players. The team officials, both men and women, will also wear a PUMA suit designed by Barrett.

The lifestyle range accommodates both the needs of loyal fans and casual apparel consumers looking for sportswear with a twist. The “fanwear” spotlights the Italia team logo, integrating the Italian flag and crest branding. Key elements of this range include the integration of embroidered badges and stars, which represent the number of World Cup wins by the Italian National Football, and the distressed washes and treatment of the garments, which provide an aged look.

The collection includes t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, hoodies, cargo pants, 7/8 length pants, jackets and accessories featuring the colors new navy, snow white, java brown, yellow and Azzurri blue. All PUMA Italia products will be available in early April in PUMA Flagship Stores and select retailers.

--------------------------------------------------------

Taken from http://www.pumafootball.com
Which boasts an awesome Azzurri flash intro. I have a suspicion that the song used may be the official song for Italy this summer, can anyone identify/find out what song it is? It sounds appealing. :D

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

my least like italia jersey would be WC 98 ( the collar makes it look boring ) followed by Kappa's EURO 2000 qualifying (the blue is too dark and purply ) ....

although generally i think all italia jersey are nice..( how much damage could one made with a plain blue jersey :stress: )

i hope after this FIGC would try another stint with diadora.. their jersey are getting better these days .. following the footsteps of PUMA and Kappa..
what?? u didnt like WC 98 one ... i think it looks really good. in general all the jerseys since WC 98 till WC 2002 has been great.

but this new one is like ... i cant even find the words to say..

it total CRAP

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
TWO WORDS: SHIT KIT.

one of the worst italia kits in a long long time. even nike made better kits in 98.
fk, they lack so much creativity, PUMA decided to put everything in front. Why dint they even put the names in front.
on the brighter side, Italy are known to have nice jerseys, but they havent won nething in recent memory. So lets hope all that changes with this ugly, horrifying and pathetic kit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)