Poll for the Pole. Matic yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
We can brush off the Pogba sale as being too good to refuse (Even if it's not) But if we sell our star to a Europa league bound United and also replace him with a United reject we'll pretty much $#@! our own reputation.
In the end it comes down to United's inability or lack of will to fit Schweinsteiger in the team so the reject etiquette doesn't really carry a lot of weight other than pure symbolism. He's certainly strong enough, both as a player and character, to make his way into a top squad, be it United's or ours. That being said, I think we should opt for targets with a bit more longevity but only if strong enough targets are available. And for some reason - despite their qualities and benefits of not committing much - I'd hate for us to grab an ageing CDM like Schweini or Motta on a 1-year loan but I don't think it's unlikely we'll look for deals like that, should the door be slammed on both Matuidi and Matic.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck Schweinsteiger. Seriously, some of you need to wake the fuck up. The year is 2016! Schweinsteiger might have been good/relevant 2-3 years ago, but now he is just a corpse. Making a signing like that wreaks of weakness and lack of ambition.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The last thing we need is a physically broken midfield player. We'd spend more time playing our B team than starting XI with Schwein, Marchisio and Khedira our first choices and Asamoah and Pereyra on the bench.

And I don't even see the ability he used to have in him. This would be a provincial move, and we'd be the laughing stock of football selling a 23 year old superstar and replacing him with a broken United player. I would not stand up for Beppe if that happened. Inexcusable.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
In the end it comes down to United's inability or lack of will to fit Schweinsteiger in the team so the reject etiquette doesn't really carry a lot of weight other than pure symbolism. He's certainly strong enough, both as a player and character, to make his way into a top squad, be it United's or ours. That being said, I think we should opt for targets with a bit more longevity but only if strong enough targets are available. And for some reason - despite their qualities and benefits of not committing much - I'd hate for us to grab an ageing CDM like Schweini or Motta on a 1-year loan but I don't think it's unlikely we'll look for deals like that, should the door be slammed on both Matuidi and Matic.
Pigmounter is finished mentally. As in finished, end if career finished. Bayern did a great deal there. United got anal probed

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fuck Schweinsteiger. Seriously, some of you need to wake the fuck up. The year is 2016! Schweinsteiger might have been good/relevant 2-3 years ago, but now he is just a corpse. Making a signing like that wreaks of weakness and lack of ambition.
I think it's obvious that Schweini is done with the game. And honestly, why wouldn't he be? He has won everything there is to win. If I were him, I'd seriously consider retirement, if you watch him play it's obvious he has no joy left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)