Need advice on earphones (3 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Even something small like Q Acoustics 3010s would probably be way better
agreed, but that would still require a dac and an amp to run from a computer, and that's still just a barebone system without bluetooth connectivity.

these swiss army knife pc systems are not completely pointless. i listen to these in my office, and while i can hear they're far from perfect, for like $100, it's hard to find better active speakers, let alone dac+amp+speaker systems.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
agreed, but that would still require a dac and an amp to run from a computer, and that's still just a barebone system without bluetooth connectivity.

these swiss army knife pc systems are not completely pointless. i listen to these in my office, and while i can hear they're far from perfect, for like $100, it's hard to find better active speakers, let alone dac+amp+speaker systems.
I use a bookshelf hi-fi setup and it's great but yeah that's true.

Audioengines would also be a good choice

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I use a bookshelf hi-fi setup and it's great but yeah that's true.

Audioengines would also be a good choice
same here, i have a pair of monitor audio bronze speakers with a marantz integrated network player, and it's cool, but lacks some real bass and presence compared to a tower speaker. i won't replace them until my son grows up a bit and won't threaten to "fix" my stuff, guitars and hifi stuff included :D

true dat, even audioengine a2+ is some nice powered system for a reasonable price :tup: won't have the lower bass of a 2.1 desktop system, but will have some better mids and highs.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
same here, i have a pair of monitor audio bronze speakers with a marantz integrated network player, and it's cool, but lacks some real bass and presence compared to a tower speaker. i won't replace them until my son grows up a bit and won't threaten to "fix" my stuff, guitars and hifi stuff included :D

true dat, even audioengine a2+ is some nice powered system for a reasonable price :tup: won't have the lower bass of a 2.1 desktop system, but will have some better mids and highs.
Nice :tup: I'm using Krix bookshelf speakers (Australian, probably haven't heard of them) with a Rotel amp, sounds great :D Same with the bass here but I don't really care much about lots of bass.

The bass on those creative/logitech systems is just exaggerated to wow people who haven't heard good speakers before :p

Apr 15, 2006
Even something small like Q Acoustics 3010s would probably be way better
It's slightly more expensive, plus I've never heard of it. And yes, I'll need a DAC n stuff which is not what I was looking for. I just wanted an upgrade on my current ones with more connectivity options. I'll just plug in my HD 558 if I need proper sound. 😃

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
aliexpress will start a 7th anniversary sale in a couple of days. if you have some headphones/earphones on your wishlist, you might want to check it, it might get a price cut. i'll probably buy an astrotec ax35 which will cost $50 instead of $70, but there will be plenty of earphones for sale, in almost every price bracket.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Watch carefully on the charger thingie, mine is defect

wich is also why i'd like to ask an advice on cheap ass bluetooth solutions ?

I need to film parts of my training, but on the smartphone this interrupts music, so its either a gopro(that costs a ton) or a different audio transmitter

enzo

May 14, 2012
AKG is nice most of the time. It's sad they moved all their production sites to China, even for the high end stuff.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Globalization and slavery

majority of the car parts even from the best car brands are made in Serbia nowadays.
That's not true. While I have no problem with parts being made in Serbia (as long as it leads to growth and rising salaries), Austria has a comparably large car component industry. But they have widely specialized on building more complex parts.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That's not true. While I have no problem with parts being made in Serbia (as long as it leads to growth and rising salaries), Austria has a comparably large car component industry. But they have widely specialized on building more complex parts.
Might be a false info. However not so long ago there was a car show in Belgrade and there were one of the best cars out there. I remember they said on TV how it's crazy that 80% of their parts were made in Serbia. I, myself, thought how that's crazy. It's not like we have a developed car component industry lol. It's probably companies like Bosch and others that make parts for majority of those brands, dunno.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Might be a false info. However not so long ago there was a car show in Belgrade and there were one of the best cars out there. I remember they said on TV how it's crazy that 80% of their parts were made in Serbia. I, myself, thought how that's crazy. It's not like we have a developed car component industry lol. It's probably companies like Bosch and others that make parts for majority of those brands, dunno.
Hmm. I remember how parts of the industry moved to the Czech republic. Maybe they now moved on to Serbia :)
But it's probably hard to say, imagine Bosch assembling a bigger part in Austria or Germany consisting of smaller parts from Serbia. Hard to tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)