Need advice on earphones (2 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
try any pair of grados, man. you'll love them, guitars sound special with grados. they have a certain bite what's hard to find in any other brand in any price category.

i used a pair of shure srh440s before i bought that red nad, and for guitar playing, it was just about perfect. it's a good monitoring/studio/recording headphone, i could hear every single mistake i made. for general music listening, it was a bit cold and maybe too revealing though.
I heard they are really harsh though, not a fan of that

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
today i attended an organized headphone meeting and i had the chance to listen to 20+ headphones. none of them were cheaper than 150€, the most expensive one was this one with a price tag of around 1500€:

i can highly recommend the following cans:
- hifiman he560
- audeze el-8 (open version; we've heard the closed back version, too, which was nowhere near the open sibling)
- beyerdynamic dt1770

also, the akg k551 are very nice for the price. i've heard them before, today's meeting just confirmed how fun they are.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Imo you want two pairs of studio headphones with different characteristics, one pair of quality hifi headphones and a pair of cheap earbuds for mixing.
I think you want neutrality above all. More than one pair is of course better though

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
today i attended an organized headphone meeting and i had the chance to listen to 20+ headphones. none of them were cheaper than 150€, the most expensive one was this one with a price tag of around 1500€:

i can highly recommend the following cans:
- hifiman he560
- audeze el-8 (open version; we've heard the closed back version, too, which was nowhere near the open sibling)
- beyerdynamic dt1770

also, the akg k551 are very nice for the price. i've heard them before, today's meeting just confirmed how fun they are.
this type of headphone does not suit if you go to gym or walk I prefer a good headphones' sound, but never use big headphone Can't even get them to turn back because the the size is matter imo small siza with good Sound quality.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this type of headphone does not suit if you go to gym or walk I prefer a good headphones' sound, but never use big headphone Can't even get them to turn back because the the size is matter imo small siza with good Sound quality.
of course, these are mostly suited for home use, and also require a proper source to sound as they can. for any kind of sport-related use, earphones are more convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

:drool:

What do you work with?
it had nothing to do with my work, it was organized for the members of a headphone-specific topic on a hungarian board, like if it was a 'tuz meeting. but some professionals also attended the meeting and brought some interesting stuff like headphones, headphone amps, dacs, portable players. it was a real fapfest for headphone geeks...

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
of course, these are mostly suited for home use, and also require a proper source to sound as they can. for any kind of sport-related use, earphones are more convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

it had nothing to do with my work, it was organized for the members of a headphone-specific topic on a hungarian board, like if it was a 'tuz meeting. but some professionals also attended the meeting and brought some interesting stuff like headphones, headphone amps, dacs, portable players. it was a real fapfest for headphone geeks...
I wanna get in on that. :drool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)