Need advice on earphones (2 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I bought the Audio Technica sony mh750 headphones 2 hours ago for use in the gym and work

cheap and good Quality
share your opinion

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
these are not earphones, but they get my recommendation:

they're called nad viso hp50, and they sound warm, dynamic, open (despite being some closed cans), very musical. also, you can drive those from almost any source, including phones, mp3 players, etc.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
these are not earphones, but they get my recommendation:

they're called nad viso hp50, and they sound warm, dynamic, open (despite being some closed cans), very musical. also, you can drive those from almost any source, including phones, mp3 players, etc.
Damn those look expensive :)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
these are pretty rad, have a pair

the colour is kind of strange, but it's the only choice. but you don't buy headphones to look at them so who cares

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@Marty those are not cheapo, but far from being too expensive. you can get one for around 250 euros i guess. high-end headphones cost 3-4000 dollars or more.
@ZoSo i've been eyeing those too, but open cans won't isolate too much, so i went for the closed hp50 instead. i dig the beige, btw

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
@Marty those are not cheapo, but far from being too expensive. you can get one for around 250 euros i guess. high-end headphones cost 3-4000 dollars or more.
@ZoSo i've been eyeing those too, but open cans won't isolate too much, so i went for the closed hp50 instead. i dig the beige, btw
Depends what you need them for really

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
exactly. we have a 5 month old kid, so what i needed this time was near perfect isolation.

btw i've had these for around 5-6 years or so:

these are called goldring dr150, and these are basically some sennheiser inspired open cans. great sound for the price, very clear, transparent, neutral, awesome with female vocals. some call them a hidden gem, highly recommended if one can live with the cheap plastics used. but as they are open, they ended up in a box in the loft after the baby arrived.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Btw what would be the best way to stream wirelessly from Xbox One to headphones (I don't have any yet). It seems Xbox One only supports their own bluetooth headset.

Perhaps some RF headphones connected to my AV receiver? I have an Onkyo TX-SR875 receiver which is a few years old but it's pretty good.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
exactly. we have a 5 month old kid, so what i needed this time was near perfect isolation.

btw i've had these for around 5-6 years or so:

these are called goldring dr150, and these are basically some sennheiser inspired open cans. great sound for the price, very clear, transparent, neutral, awesome with female vocals. some call them a hidden gem, highly recommended if one can live with the cheap plastics used. but as they are open, they ended up in a box in the loft after the baby arrived.
Grados and Shure are good too I hear (no pun intended)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Grados and Shure are good too I hear (no pun intended)
try any pair of grados, man. you'll love them, guitars sound special with grados. they have a certain bite what's hard to find in any other brand in any price category.

i used a pair of shure srh440s before i bought that red nad, and for guitar playing, it was just about perfect. it's a good monitoring/studio/recording headphone, i could hear every single mistake i made. for general music listening, it was a bit cold and maybe too revealing though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)