Need a driver. (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Erm....

:angel:

off topic: I need help, DESPERATELY!

I need to reinstall my scanner, a Genx Smart Scan 1200. Unfortunately, the CD's scratched, and I can't find the drivers online.

Please can someone help me with a valid link to somewhere I can download the drivers (their site is shyte), or in the alternative, if you have such a driver, please zip it up and send me by email, [email protected] :sad:

I am desperate.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I've never even heard of that manufacturer, I've no idea. But I know from experience that it's usually a good idea to stick with well known brands, cause in some cases drivers are *really* hard to find.

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I've never even heard of that manufacturer, I've no idea. But I know from experience that it's usually a good idea to stick with well known brands, cause in some cases drivers are *really* hard to find.
    Thanks for answering man. I appreciate.

Oct 1, 2002
    here is the manufacture website
    http://www.onlinegenx.com/
    and unfortunately they don't provide drivers you needed there.

and here is one review I found from the googling..

With a sudden surge of new models in the scanner segment we have devoted a part of our First Looks to a handful of them. First off the block is the GenX Smart Scan 1200. This is a smart looking, slim flatbed scanner that supports a resolution of 600 dpi. Quite peculiarly, the GenX Smart Scan is a spitting image of the Rhombus OpticSlim 1200 that we reviewed in our October 2003 issue, and the specifications were identical too.
    The Smart Scan 1200 draws power through the USB interface, reducing the clutter that would usually accompany a power adapter. The top half of the shell is dressed in ivory white and furnishes five quick function buttons on the front. You can scan documents and images equivalent to an A4 sized paper and if you were to use the software driven interpolation process then you can scan at 19 200 dpi.
    The GenX Smart Scan 1200 came with no documentation at all. A USB cable is provided but the driver CD was completely unusable. These sorts of lapses in product packaging could put off a lot of users, which sad because there was nothing wrong with the build quality or the product itself, and as far as the design is concerned, GenX could have gone with a removable lid to make the scanner more flexible.
    Considering this is a 600 dpi scanner, we expected it to give us respectable reproduction of scanned text documents. Document scans were alright, but lost a bit of focus when it came to depth and folds on documents. A scan preview took 18 seconds and our magazine cover scan produced dithering on sections of the scanned image.
    In the end it can be said that for just $46 this is a very affordable entry level scanner. This would be a good choice for scanning receipts and other day-to-day mundane office documents. People looking for a high end scanner should not consider this unit though.
    Scanner Type Flatbed Optical Resolution 600 x 1 200 Interface USB 2.0 (Full speed) Power Supply Powered by USB Dimensions 373 x 256 x 32 mm Weight 1.4 kg Scanning Method Single pass Maximum Scan Area A4 size and letterhead size paper (216 x 297 mm)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    this reminds me, i need a driver too. I have this printer, Compaq A900. Is there a driver for XP? one some website it said to download the driver for a Lenxmark printer or something, and it could work for my A900. But when i try to install the driver, the computer warns me that something could go wrong that couldn't be fixed. So i don wanna do that, unless it's cool. Any suggestions?

Oct 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by iBianconeri ] ++
    this reminds me, i need a driver too. I have this printer, Compaq A900. Is there a driver for XP? one some website it said to download the driver for a Lenxmark printer or something, and it could work for my A900. But when i try to install the driver, the computer warns me that something could go wrong that couldn't be fixed. So i don wanna do that, unless it's cool. Any suggestions?
    well, if the source is trustable, I'll say go for it.
    Microsoft wants every drivers to be whql certified else XP will give warnings, even when the drivers come from the manufacturer itself.
    Hell, I believe M$ got some money before they release the certification.
    btw, if you're not so sure maybe you can try some software(such as shadowuser, recommended by Mikhail) before installing the driver.
    good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)