Need a bit of help (1 Viewer)

Amir

May 23, 2003
Hi, I am from Israel (NOT a Juventus supporter) and I'm doing a piece for an Israeli website ahead of the Champions League final. I've been trying to find a site which has extensive information on Marcello Lippi (deeper than when he coached in which years and so on) but have been unable to. Is there a place to find such information?

I would also appreciate if a couple of people here could answer me a few questions.

How much do you feel Nedved's absence could be important?
What are Juventus' advantages over Milan, and from what should Juventus be especially careful of?
Is it a different feelin as it's an all italian final, and if so, why? Would you have prefered to meet a side from another country? again, why?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Amir

May 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    No no, not a Lazio fan.

Don't support any one in Italy to be honest.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Amir ] ++
    Hi, I am from Israel (NOT a Juventus supporter) and I'm doing a piece for an Israeli website ahead of the Champions League final. I've been trying to find a site which has extensive information on Marcello Lippi (deeper than when he coached in which years and so on) but have been unable to. Is there a place to find such information?

I would also appreciate if a couple of people here could answer me a few questions.

What are Juventus' advantages over Milan, and from what should Juventus be especially careful of?
    Is it a different feelin as it's an all italian final, and if so, why? Would you have prefered to meet a side from another country? again, why?
    if you are not a juve fan you'll never understand juve as much as you need for your project.

so change team as soon as possible.:D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    About the nedved thing, well that is a very sad incident, and all the juve supporters that post in this forum are still hurt by that.

The advantages? jajaj im only sure about one thing: juve never gives up.

Which team in the final?, well personally, at the beggining of the tournament, i was hoping to face real madrid at the finals, because i see real like the enemy to beat, because they are very good, and when you beat the best team, youll the best. But now im just only thinking in the cup.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    I think nedveds absence would be very important in the way that the team would put even more effort to make up for his absence.

Juventus i think have a stronger mental and physcological aspect. they also never give up. but they should be careful of ac milans dangerous attacking powers ; seedorf, rui, inzaghi, and sheva, we all know how dangerous they are. also milans defence is hard to break.

Is it a different feelin as it's an all italian final, and if so, why?
    its a very different feeling because it is a sign of the italian renaissance in european football.

Would you have prefered to meet a side from another country? again, why? i kinda would have liked to face real or manchester in the finals, real because they are the champs and manchester becuase they beat us with a weakened team, right now, we would kick thier asses. :D

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    one thing am sure of it is that milan are hungrier than us.they need the title more than us because of the bad season they had(i mean no trophy).if juve are motivated as good as real madrid match nobody can stop them.but don't expect beautifull match like real especially without nedved.and about milan:we should be carefull of inzaghi a hard worker and shevchenko's dribles and long shots.and rivaldo too(ofcourse if he plays).i think rui costa (will he play?)and seedorf will have probs against a great defense.
    btw welcome to the forum amir

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Amir ] ++
    I think we'll miss him sorely. Seeing the hypothetical line-ups against Milan, there seemed to be a huge gap that the talents of Di Vaio and Camoranesi (wow, it feels so weird using DV and Camo's full names...but I must, to not confuse the neutral.) couldn't fill. Hopefully though, Juventus will show their typical fighting spirit, and we'll play:

1. That much harder because we need to without Nedved
    2. FOR NEDDY!

Our advantages:

1. Fighting spirit
    2. Better players :D:thumb:

We should be careful of:

1. Manuel Rui Costa :dazed:
    2. Milan have a great attack, an their defense is similar to ours...the seasoned veterans in Maldini and Costacurta, a not-so-old-but-pretty-damn-good player in Nesta, and the not-as-highly-rated Kaladze.

I think it's definitely a different feeling...as well as being a sort of derby, this final's significance is that it shows a revival in Italian football. It's one of the classic matches, more important to Juve (in terms of results) than the Torino derby. These clubs both have such a great history.

As for the clubs I would've liked to meet in the final, I'd have to go with the others and say Man Utd. or Real, so we could either

1. Beat one of our European nemesis' in their own ground
    2. Beat the holders and the club widely thought of as the best in the world.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002

The loss of Nedved is unquestionable. He is valuable to the team as he gives Juventus that extra threat. He contributes a lot to the workrate of the whole team and produces and creates goals. All of these things, we maay miss from Nedved on the finals. But it is also a good reason for the whole squad to step-up which may make them even more dangerous when Nedved is around.

Juventus' advantage over Milan in my personal opinion is that they have had a rougher spell in the Champions League. Because of this, they have become harder mentally and physically. This has molded them to become a more compact team. They have experienced the extremes in this tournament, learned to exert themselves to the limit, to never give-up, and therefore, they can go the extra-mile.

Milan on the other hand may have had a breeze, except for the semi-finals in which they seemed to have a hard time breaking down Internazionale.

Juventus should be careful with Milan's strikers as they are very pacey. Despite that, Juve seem to be in control of every other aspect in the game.

Is it a different feelin as it's an all italian final, and if so, why?

It surely is a different feeling having both finalists from Italy. It shows the calibre of Italian football, how much it has risen from all odds. Calcio has showed to the rest of the world on their way to the finals the overall quality of its game. How it is balanced in every aspect, from attack to defense. Come the 28th, the two teams will be more relaxed and be more comfortable to try new things as they have already achieved something in unity for one purpose, and that is to prove that their style has out-classed everyone else in the competition this year. One thing is for sure, we will see an attractive game in the finals.

Would you have prefered to meet a side from another country? again, why?

I would have preferred to meet Inter as we have had a better record against them. There would be no specific preference as to which nation to face in the final. We are just glad that we didn't have to face another Italian club on the way to the finals.

I hope this helps. But I have one question for you Amir, are you asking these questions to Milan fans too? If so, would you be able to show us their reactions? I would love to hear their thoughts. Thanks and Good Luck!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

I hope this helps. But I have one question for you Amir, are you asking these questions to Milan fans too? If so, would you be able to show us their reactions? I would love to hear their thoughts. Thanks and Good Luck!
    Me too! Sounds interesting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)