Nedved Wants to Play On (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Nedved unsure of future Monday 30 May, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Nedved says he doesn’t yet know whether he will retire or not when his Juventus contract expires in 2006.

The Czech ace has always insisted that he intended to hang up his boots once his present agreement ends.

But the former European Footballer of the Year is now ready to continue if his body allows him to.

"I’ll still be playing next season but it is far too early to be talking about an extension to my contract," he stated.

"We’ll have to see how I am doing physically, even if it is my intention to do everything I can to give my best."

Nedved, who will be 33 in August, has just finished the campaign with his fourth Scudetto but the midfielder is hungry for a different title.

"I’m happy with this term because we were able to end the season with a smile on our face," he said. "Not too many people believed we would win it but we did.

"However, I really want the Champions’ League and I’ll look to win that trophy next year.

"The European Cup is a dream but also an obsession for me because it has always eluded me.

"We have a great amount of desire to triumph in Europe but so too do other clubs. Hopefully luck will be on our side next time."

source: channel4.com

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
I wonder whether or not Mutu will take his spot next year. Nedved looks to be slowing down and Capello i think whats a new trequatrista and mutu did play like that against cagliari

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
I dont really want him to resign with Juve i dont think its a smart option to give hime a new contract when he is 33 years old, like i dont want him to have another year like this

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
same here-I like the Czechs. It's great Neddy will probably be around another couple years, but we do need to find a quality replacement

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Neddy's gots to stay, we need him smack in the middle with his golden hair going wild lookin like a Lion....Forza Nedved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)