Nedved Wants to Play On (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Czech Republic midfielder Pavel Nedved has admitted he is ready to extend his playing career beyond next season.

Nedved's current contract is due to expire in the summer of 2006 and he had claimed that he would retire next year.

The skilful midfielder made the statements at a time when he was beset by injuries and at a low ebb.

He has since returned to form and admits he is enjoying his time in Turin so much that he will look to extend his stay with the Old Lady.

"My contract expires in June 2006, everyone knows that," Nedved told Rai TV. "But my wish is to continue playing.

"I have found pleasure on the pitch again and enjoy training during the week.

"If, as I hope, I do not suffer other bad injuries I'd be ready to continue playing."

Nedved has been linked with a move away from Turin for some time, with Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson a huge fan of the 32-year-old, but he sees his future with Juventus.

"I have no doubts [about staying]," he added. "If the club consider me worthy of a new deal, I'll be really happy.

"I don't see a need to change. I feel good in Turin and want to continue winning."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

:touched: I love this guy

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Nedved rules out retirement
    Sunday 29 May, 2005

Pavel Nedved has assured fans that he won’t be hanging up his boots despite earlier hints at a retirement and praised Liverpool.

The 2003 Ballon D’Or winner has been struggling with a succession of injuries this season, including concussion, head trauma and a recurring ankle problem, and had suggested several times that if the pain continued he would bow out this summer.

“I am still enjoying my football and training,” he assured in a television interview with ‘Stadio Sprint.’ “I want to continue my career with Juventus and have no intention of giving up now.”

Nedved joined the Bianconeri for £25m in July 2001 and the former Lazio star has just added another Scudetto to his CV. Fabio Capello made an instant impact on the Turin giants, though his disagreements with Alessandro Del Piero are growing.

“I know exactly why Capello is a winning Coach,” smiled Nedved. “I understood it almost immediately, but I don’t want to reveal his secret and will keep that one to myself.” :LOL:

The Italian football world is still reeling from Milan’s Champions’ League capitulation to Liverpool, losing a 3-0 lead in the space of six minutes and going on to a penalty shoot-out defeat.

“It’s a shame for the Rossoneri, but at the same time I am happy for Liverpool as two of my fellow Czechs Milan Baros and Vladimir Smicer are in the squad. They deserved this triumph.”

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
    i think neddy having no injuries running up to the end of the season must of been the biggest factor in his decision but great to see him playing next year

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I'll be glad to keep Nedved no matter how long he wants to stay at Juventus. He has been such an important player to the club over the years, right up there with Alex our Captain. Nedved is indeed a true champion. :touched:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    Welcome to the forums Gulnara ;)

I hope Mutu can find a way to adapt to a position similar to Nedved's

Gulnara

May 30, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Welcome to the forums Gulnara ;)

I hope Mutu can find a way to adapt to a position similar to Nedved's
    Thank you :) Mutu? May be, may be, but now he is a forward. I think, that our team needs something similar with Pirlo...

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Its a good thing to see neddy has his confidence back,
    he wasnt the same player when he lost it.
    It would be a disastrous year if he was playing with the thought to quit football next year.
    So now i hope, we will see again our good old neddy next year, since he wont think of himself as finished.
    (although i doubt he will be playing as a starter and with the same wage after 2006-2007 season)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!! :extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic:
    :extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Those who saw the game versus Cagliari will see that Nedved was involved in quite a lot. His precise passes, work rate and ball control are unsurpassed. Together with Emerson's strength and determination, Camoranesi's creativity and crosses and the dynamic Appiah, Juve has a great midfield. Only one more is needed, to compete with Appiah for the place next to Emerson. Nedved is still God.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
    AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!! :extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic:
    :cheesy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)