nedved - on the wing or behind the two strikers? (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I would like:

---------Zlatan-----
------------------Mutu----
--Nedved-----------------------Camo
------------------Viera--Emerson---
----Zambrotta--Thuram--Canna--Zebina

I think Mutu should be used as a ' Hole' striker- that is he half play makes half attacks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I think I'd play him behind the 2 strikers.

This article for me provides assurance that we are getting the Champions:

Pavel Nedved is fired up ahead of tomorrow’s Trofeo Berlusconi clash with Milan and insists Juve will capture the Champions League this season.

“Of course this match won’t be a friendly and never has been,” he said of the traditional battle at the San Siro. “At this stage of the season, every encounter is an important one and nobody wants to lose.”

Juventus were beaten last night in the Trofeo Moretti, beating Inter 2-0 in the first of three mini-matches of 45 minutes each before missing out to Napoli on a shoot-out.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic suffered an injury during that tournament, but he has recovered from a late challenge by Marco Materazzi and should start on Sunday evening.

“We will see two dream teams go head to head, especially with their spectacular strike forces,” added the Czech midfielder. “As for the Scudetto, we’ll see at the end who is the strongest.”

However, it’s clear that the Bianconeri have set their sights on one particular trophy this term – one that has always escaped Nedved.

“I realise Milan have a real desire to make up for their lost Final against Liverpool, but we absolutely want the Champions League. It’ll take something extraordinary to stop us getting our hands on that trophy. I think Juventus is the best place to be if you want to aim for Europe.”

Yet Nedved could also have the world in his grasp as a return to international duty is on his mind.

"I have never played in a World Cup before and would like to experience it," he revealed. "My Czech teammates and Coach have tried to convince me to return and I will make a decision over the next five days. There are another four qualifying games left and I could play a part."

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
For tactical purposes Nedved should and in all likelihood will be played on the left hand side of midfield. Mutu and even Del Piero are more suited to the playmaker role than Pavel but more importantly, who's to say that Capello is even going to use a central attacking midfielder?

I don't think he'll try an attacking midfielder, he'll probably stick with his formation like last year.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
I would like:

---------Zlatan-----
------------------Mutu----
--Nedved-----------------------Camo
------------------Viera--Emerson---
----Zambrotta--Thuram--Canna--Zebina

I think Mutu should be used as a ' Hole' striker- that is he half play makes half attacks.
we need a striker such az Trezeguet.it's not sensible to omit him from the starting line up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)