nedved - on the wing or behind the two strikers? (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wouldnt. I'd rather he stayed on the left wing and let someone with more characteristics of a natural playmaker play behind the strikers. Like Mutu.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    not mutu.if we have to pick one of our fwds to be given the playmakers role,id go for del piero.he's more creative than mutu....IF he's in form.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont think so. Del Piero is much weaker and slower than mutu, so he'd have more problems helping out in the defence and would easily get out musceled in the midfield, especially if he had to deal with strong defensive midfielders.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    i dont think playmakers need to be physcially strong.yes,they do need to take on players,but those defence spliting passes are equally vital.they need to be clever,with plenty of slyness.
    del piero seems to have plenty of it.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Ideally I'd like him on the left wing - in practice though I'm not really overly confident he can play as a left winger anymore. Then again he's hardly the creative sort either so.. god knows

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    i dont think playmakers need to be physcially strong.yes,they do need to take on players,but those defence spliting passes are equally vital.they need to be clever,with plenty of slyness.
    del piero seems to have plenty of it.

Mutu has plenty of it too.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    -------Zlatan--Trezeguet
    --Nedved---DelPiero---Mutu
    -------Emerson--Vieira
    --Zambro--Canna--Thuram
    --------------Buffon

Just kidding... im with axlrose about DP behind strikers.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I wouldnt. I'd rather he stayed on the left wing and let someone with more characteristics of a natural playmaker play behind the strikers. Like Mutu.
    i agree 100%

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I think Neddy needs to a do a bit of bench warming while we try out this formation:
    -------Zlatan--Trezeguet/DP
    ----------------Mutu-------------
    -----Emerson----Vieira----Camo------
    --Zambro--Canna--Thuram--Zebina
    --------------Buffon

Give Zambrotta freedom to run the left wing. Let Mutu do the spade work at the hole and his shots are a boon at this position. Viera can also make his darting runs. Meanwhile any combination of DP, Zlatan and Trez will fireup the attack.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    na,IMO the 4-4-2 formation works for Juve better than any formation.Nedved should play as the left wing though I'm sure he can do better behind the strikers.but as I said 4-4-2 is a suitable formation for Juve.
    ----------------Buffon----------------
    Zebina-----Thuram-----Canna----Zambro
    Camo------Emo-------Vieira------Neddy
    --------Trez/Mutu--------Zlatan/DP

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Ali, I very much doubt Emerson can play on the left. Zambrotta can push up the left flank, but then still Emerson has to play on the left a lot. It's a good plan to use three if DP/Trez/Mutu/Zlatan, because it would be stupid to bench two of them. King Ale's formation is exactly what Capello will use.

The 4-4-2 with two defensive midfielders in the centre is the most standard formation thinkable, but it's also the most stable one. The only problem is Nedved - I would much rather have DP or Mutu play then him. But neither can play on the left wing in a 4-4-2, so with our current players there really isn't an ideal formation.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
    na,IMO the 4-4-2 formation works for Juve better than any formation.Nedved should play as the left wing though I'm sure he can do better behind the strikers.but as I said 4-4-2 is a suitable formation for Juve.
    ----------------Buffon----------------
    Zebina-----Thuram-----Canna----Zambro
    Camo------Emo-------Vieira------Neddy
    --------Trez/Mutu--------Zlatan/DP
    The most possible choice for the season is yours.That is going to be I'm sure.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    For tactical purposes Nedved should and in all likelihood will be played on the left hand side of midfield. Mutu and even Del Piero are more suited to the playmaker role than Pavel but more importantly, who's to say that Capello is even going to use a central attacking midfielder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)