Nedved has unfinished business (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
leggro was a mistake.if moggi had gone for chivu instead we'd probably still be in CL now.

if chivu was 27 we'd still be able to depend on him for a whole six years.

but chivu is only a fantasy.

OP
Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
    I can't even recalling us on trying to get Chivu.. I remember it was Inter and Milan, but suddenly he ends up in Rome... Funny game, the football world...
    i disagree with that, for sure Leggro had an off season, but you have to give him a chance to get settled in the team, we had all the deffenders in a bad form this season due to injury or simply growing old, when you get someone new and put him in the misddle of an under acheiving deffence thats what will happen.
    further more i doubt that if Chivu was bought instead of him we would ve gone further in CL or Seiri A ...one player cant make the deference.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I would also wait before I make my judgement about Legro. I didn't like him play, but there weren't too many Juve players whose game I would like in the second part of this year. Let's watch him closely next season.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    leggro was a mistake.if moggi had gone for chivu instead we'd probably still be in CL now.

if chivu was 27 we'd still be able to depend on him for a whole six years.

but chivu is only a fantasy.
    Did anyone saw Roma against Chievo?

Chivu looked funny like Legro in a numberous occassion, so no one is perfect. Furthermore he was the first complaining about money, just weeks after signing, and threatened Roma to leave. One of my best friend is a Romanista, he calls Chivu "traitor".

He was also underperforming not once during the seasons second half forexample against Milan + he was injured a lot . He started the season well, but since than the Roma defence is mainly about Samuel and the quality of their inner mid-pair (as usuall).

Dont misunderstand I dont think Legro is better than Chivu, but CC wasnt the seasons best cd either (imo).

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Chivu was best defender available on the market IMO. And for 10m, I think he was a bargain: I mean even Di Vaio cost us more than that!:eek:.

Nonetheless, I dont think buying Legro was a bad move even though it was a mistake. It is easy to talk with hindsight, but nobody here thought he would turn out to be this bad. Ditto, Appiah.
    Beside, he cost us peanuts in terms of monetary value: No disrespect to Gastadello Paro and Sculli, I do not regard them as Juve regular material.
    Legro at the time, offered us such alternative.

Anyway, everything will be forgotten once we get Mexes, and come on Sensi do us a favor!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)