Nedved challenges Zizou for CL (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No, I'm simply saying that in the event we come up against a team that is seemingly stronger than us, we just play to win and hope for the best. That is how Real beat us in 98, even though we were stronger at the time.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
No, I'm simply saying that in the event we come up against a team that is seemingly stronger than us, we just play to win and hope for the best. That is how Real beat us in 98, even though we were stronger at the time.
Yeah, you missed my sarcasm (because I forgot the ";)"). Juve classically is a more passive and defensive team.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Who was better for Juventus: Zidane or Nedved?

Obviously Zizou is the bigger legend in football, but is it fair to say that Nedved was a more consistent player at club level?

Zidane was a glorious footballer, but Nedved was a bigger player for us tbh. We did reach 2 consecutive CL finals with Zidane here, in 97 and 98, but he was AWOL in both of them. We could've made it 3 in a row had it not been for Del Piero's injury, Zizou playing on one knee, brain-farts in defense, inconsistency, and the red cunts' unbelievable amount of luck.

It really hurt watching Zidane going to Madrid and winning the CL title in his 1st season there, scoring that epic goal in the final :sigh:

Even at club level, Zidane accomplished more, so he's the better player at club level, just not for Juventus.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Nedved’s trophy cabinet doesn’t do his football talent justice.

He spent his prime at Sparta Prague and Lazio, so he was already 29 when he joined us. There was a two season window where Juve was one of the best teams in Europe (2001-2003). Then we wasted several years under Capello before getting relegated.

He was born Czech so he never had a realistic chance at international glory either.

If the world was fair, Pavel would have several Champions League trophies, but it wasn’t meant to be. :sad:

Guarin-lover

Feb 2, 2014
Zidane was a glorious footballer, but Nedved was a bigger player for us tbh. We did reach 2 consecutive CL finals with Zidane here, in 97 and 98, but he was AWOL in both of them. We could've made it 3 in a row had it not been for Del Piero's injury, Zizou playing on one knee, brain-farts in defense, inconsistency, and the red cunts' unbelievable amount of luck.

It really hurt watching Zidane going to Madrid and winning the CL title in his 1st season there, scoring that epic goal in the final :sigh:

Even at club level, Zidane accomplished more, so he's the better player at club level, just not for Juventus.
Juventus got €75m for Zidane (which was a world record fee back then) and re-invested on Buffon, Thuram and Nedved.

Which paid off tremendous, especially for Buffon who was exceptional for 15+ years and is the greatest Juventus player in history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)