Nedved and Thuram extend (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Nedved and Thuram extend Thursday 23 June, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian champions Juventus have today extended the contracts of both Pavel Nedved and Lilian Thuram until 2008.

The pair were previously tied to the outfit until 2006, but they will now remain at the Stadio Delle Alpi for an extra two seasons.

Nedved, a former European Footballer of the Year, had previously stated his desire to retire next summer.

But the Bianconeri have convinced the Czech Republic star to continue his career with the European giants.

Former French international Thuram had also hinted that he could hang up his boots at the end of the 2005-06 campaign.

However, he has been rewarded for an exceptional season with a new deal despite his 33-years-of-age.

The pair both arrived in 2001 and have won three Italian championships and two Italian Super Cups since.

source: channel4.com

Forza Thuram + Nedved !!!!! :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Lovely, thats one big load off my mind, now lets sort out the rest of them, as far as I know we're still lacking a creative mid and a young centre back - oh, and cassano

Acies

Jun 23, 2005
Hmm.. I'm not too sure about Thuram. It all looks downhill from here. But hey, it's still a long way down for Thuram :D.

Geof

May 14, 2004
They are both great professionals, that's what I like the most with them. Never any trouble, straight to the game.

Thuram 'complained' one time: last summer, to be moved in the center of the defence. And damn he was right to do so!

Forza Pavel, Forza Lilian

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
While both are no spring chickens anymore, they add great leadership to the field. For example, Thuram's general-like command of the back line is a nice complement to the youthful exuberance of Zlatan up front.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++
its over . Nedved is ganna end his career with the old lady. the renew of the contract will be announce next few days till 2008.

Forza neddy we loves you and we are proud that we will see you saying goodbye at delle alpi !
Yeah.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

that's really great news. i don't think they'll be regulars till 2008 but they still got a lot to offer and i'm proud they'll retire bianconero.. and the youngsters can learn a LOT from these two.

GREAT NEWS!!

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Congratulations to all juve fans. Nedved has so much to offer and let's hope this will convince him 2 play at the next world cup, he deserves it and it would be a shame to retire without having a shot at the world cup.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Thuram to keep hitting the heights Friday 24 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus defender Lilian Thuram says he wants to keep playing at the highest level for as long as possible after extending his deal with the Italian champions.

The World Cup ’98 and Euro 2000 winner who counts 103 international caps to his name, signed a two-year extension with the Bianconeri on Thursday, tying him to the club until 2008.

“I hope to play at the highest level for as long as possible and I think at 33 years of age, it’s a great show of confidence on Juve’s part.”

However, the former Monaco and Parma player admitted he had considered leaving the Turin giants before signing his new deal.

“I originally thought I’d just see out my contract until 2006 and see from there whether I would stop altogether or look for one final challenge,” said the Guyane-born Thuram.

“But when you play for a team like Juventus, where the objectives are to win everything every year, it’s very hard to take a step down and play for a less competitive side.”

Thuram is preparing to embark on his fifth season with Juventus after signing from Parma in 2001. He has been crowned Italian champion in 2002, 2003 and 2005.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)